American Truck Sim: Washington State Landmarks Preview

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ATS Washington State 3.jpg

SCS Software have a Washington State expansion DLC in development, and have taken the opportunity to showcase some famous landmarks from the region.

Seemingly in a constant state of development and improvement to both this American Truck Simulator title and its older brother, European Truck Sim 2, SCS Software are at it once again - developing a sizeable new map expansion to the simulation - Washington State.

With such a richness of iconic imagery to incorporate into this new region, it has been a difficult challenge for SCS Software to both decide what should be included, and also how that should be presented in the (understandably) smaller than real life game world. However, decide they have, and some of those famous landmarks have been presented here - recognise anything?

ATS Washington State 1.jpg
ATS Washington State 2.jpg

ATS Washington State 5.jpg ATS Washington State 6.jpg ATS Washington State 4.jpg ATS Washington State 7.jpg ATS Washington State 8.jpg

American Truck Simulator and European Truck Simulator 2 are available to purchase for PC right now.

Like to go big rigging across the highways of the USA? Fancy sharing your experiences with your fellow community members and taking in all the latest news regarding both games? Well join up with our European Truck Sim 2 and American Truck Sim sub forums to get involved with the community today!

Love what we do at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
Just putting it out there: Any hopes they'll actually keep going north and head to Canada? Or better yet: south into Mexico?

This will fulfill my lifelong dream of becoming a driver for Los Pollos Hermanos. :cool:

Looks more like the Tri-Cities cable bridge.
yeah I'm glad I put "could' in there. The bridge size was all wrong once I watched the video. But, if memory serves, the cable bridge at Richland(tri ciites) is longer than what is shown in the image. But the background includes large electrical towers and those are all over that area. Tri-Cities is the hub for both a large nuclear power plant and several Hydro dams. We'll call you the winner!!!

Definitely looks too short, but I attributed that to necessity due to the reduced scale of the scenery in general in the series. The surrounding scenery and the bridge details just seemed like a match to me.

I want them to add racetracks to the states in the game/sim that actually have them (Laguna Seca, Auto Club Speedway, Portland International, Las Vegas, Sonoma, Phoenix), and have race car trailers. Not actually model the whole track so you can drive on it (ehh, unless it's not a big deal, that could be silly fun?), but drive to the track and at least have some AI "ambience" where you can hear cars roaring by on track and maybe catch a glimpse of them in spots.

Race car delivery missions, I'd be into that. This is a great sim to just sort of relax with, and drive. Cruising through the desert as the sun rises.. it's rather beautiful.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back