American Truck Sim: Washington Release Date News!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
SCS Software have finally confirmed when the upcoming Washington State DLC will be made available - plus a nice new launch trailer is here.

We've spoken about the upcoming map expansion for American Truck Simulator several times here at RaceDepartment, despite the fact that one could argue about the merits of a trucking game featuring on a website that largely covers the world of real and virtual motorsport. However, trucking is cool, and we seem to have a bit of a following for this sort of thing, so I'm sticking with it for the foreseeable future.

Now, if you are new to the world of virtual truck driving then this might seem a little strange to you, and that is something I can understand. On paper at least, this doesn't sound like an exciting experience, but once you get in sim, that perception changes and you are likely to fall very quickly into the world of building up your business and delivering cargo around the world.

When American Truck Simulator first came out a few years ago, SCS Software stated their intention to continue expanding the simulation to take in much of the varied and vast landscapes of the United States of America. The next stop on this quest to broaden the game map of the world comes Washington State, an area that looks very likely to add many new and varied challenges for the player to enjoy.

We've seen several teasers and insights into this new environment within ATS, and now we know when it will release - June 11th 2019!

Yes, only a few more days to go and then you can lay your hands on this new location for the first time yourselves.

American Truck Sim Washington State 3.jpg

Washington Map Expansion Key Features:
  • 3800 miles of dense road network
  • 16 brand new cities (Vancouver, Longview, Aberdeen, Olympia, Tacoma, Seattle, Everett, Port Angeles, Bellingham, Omak, Wenatchee, Yakima, Kennewick, Grand Coulee, Spokane, Colville)
  • More than 20 landmark bridges
  • 10 original truckstops
  • Keystone-Port Townsend Ferry
  • Everett swing bridge
  • Grand Coulee Dam
  • Washington's iconic mountains (Mount St. Helens and Mt. Rainier)
  • Challenging logging cliff road
  • Dynamic speed limits and LED signs
  • Large and realistic ports (Seattle, Tacoma, Everett)
  • Many unique junctions
  • Distinct company docks for new cargoes: yacht builders, vast farms, material storages...
  • Washington-specific achievements to unlock
Happy days for trucking fans!

American Truck Sim Washington State 1.jpg
American Truck Sim Washington State 4.jpg

American Truck Simulator and European Truck Simulator 2 are available to purchase for PC right now. Additional DLC packs for both games can be picked up from the respective Steam store page.

Like to go big rigging across the highways of the USA? Fancy sharing your experiences with your fellow community members and taking in all the latest news regarding both games? Well join up with our European Truck Sim 2 and American Truck Sim sub forums and get involved with the community today!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

looks like my home town will be in there. the preview included a coupled of shots of Grand Coulee Dam, which is about 50 miles from the old homestead. The place is called Omak, an American Indian term. (Like many of the towns and cities in Washington State) We used to sell T-shirts that had printing on them. Omak Washington, it's not the end of the Earth, but you can see it from there.

Looking forward to this one, based on the screenshots the cities seem bigger and more detailed than the previous entries which is a good thing, scaling down the highways is fine, but I think the cities should be a little more expansive than previous entries...now I feel like buying one of those 18-gear shifter add-ons again :roflmao:

Any ATS/ETS2 users here that use a Direct Drive wheel? Can you set those wheel's rotation to a realistic value for trucks (1400 degrees and up)?

Any ATS/ETS2 users here that use a Direct Drive wheel? Can you set those wheel's rotation to a realistic value for trucks (1400 degrees and up)?

Also interested in this info. I've got a DD but not yet looked to configure it in either ETS2 or ATS..

now I feel like buying one of those 18-gear shifter add-ons again

Hello, what's this you speak of? Pray tell....

Hello, what's this you speak of? Pray tell....

http://techaffliction.com/index.php?route=common/home

They sell shifter knobs that have range splitter switches and an easy jake (engine brake switch) that attaches to Logitech, Thrustmaster and Fanatec shifters...you know, "for the immersion" ;)

I do have long stints of playing ATS from time to time so it would be interesting to have, and a little less clumsy than hitting a button on the wheel while shifting.

I have no idea about the software of DD wheels to what rotation these can be set to.

The game itself is not aware of more then 900 degrees, but you can tweak the calculation of the "steering" value in the controls.sii in your profile folder in a way that if you set your wheel to 1400 degrees it translates the input to the 900 degree value. I do this for my CSL for beeing able to use the 1050 degree setting. If you are interested I can give you an example when I'm back at home.

Edit:
The line to change in the controls.sii:
config_lines[196]: "mix steering `dsteering - (1.04 * normalize(abs(j_steer?0), c_steer_dz) + (0.3 * (c_steer_func / 2)) * pow(normalize(abs(j_steer?0), c_steer_dz), 4)) * sign(sel(c_jisteer, -j_steer?0, j_steer?0))`"
The 1.04 is the correction factor I have to use, for 1400 degrees one will have to set it quite a bit higher, I would guess around 1.2, but you'll have to try that out.

Last edited:
I'm using a DD wheel (simucube), have tried 1400, but is using 720 but that's more a USB cable reason for that :)
I have no idea about the software of DD wheels to what rotation these can be set to.

The game itself is not aware of more then 900 degrees, but you can tweak the calculation of the "steering" value in the controls.sii in your profile folder in a way that if you set your wheel to 1400 degrees it translates the input to the 900 degree value. I do this for my CSL for beeing able to use the 1050 degree setting. If you are interested I can give you an example when I'm back at home.

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere online that there’s a setting (in some config file) that sets in-game animations for 900 and 1400 degrees of steering wheel rotation.

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere online that there’s a setting (in some config file) that sets in-game animations for 900 and 1400 degrees of steering wheel rotation.
Really? I would appreciate if you could let us know ho to do that. The only information about the ingame animation I found is that the animation has a fixed degree of 780. Like stated here f.e.:
https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=57232
Again, this might be old news, and if the animation could be changed I really would like to do that!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 104 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 278 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 405 40.1%