American Truck Sim | Utah Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The new Utah DLC map expansion for American Truck Simulator is now available to purchase.

Yes, trucking fans with a taste for hauling load around the vast expanses of the United States of America can rejoice today with a brand new map expansion DLC for American Truck Simulator - adding the state of Utah and 3500 miles of new road networks to enjoy!

Available now for around £8.99 on the American Truck Simulator Steam Store page, the new DLC is one of the most visually impressive pieces of content created by SCS Software, really showcasing a near obsessive attention to detail that have become the standard expectation of new SCS Software content releases.

The Utah map expansion releases just a few short days after the last major build update to the game (details can be found here), and is available to purchase now.

Check out the Utah trailer below:

American Truck Simulator is available now exclusive on PC.

Got a question about the sim? Drop a line with our knowledgeable and ever helpful community at the ATS sub forum!

Sim racing is Awesome!

Its a very good and welcome addition to the game its been long overdue and so far the map looks perfect and in towns I dont get a monumental drop from 60fps down to 30fps anymore I think thats due to the optimizations they have been doing, I am glad of that :D

Its a very good and welcome addition to the game its been long overdue and so far the map looks perfect and in towns I dont get a monumental drop from 60fps down to 30fps anymore I think thats due to the optimizations they have been doing, I am glad of that :D
If you would put V-sync off your FPS would actually go up. A framedrop to 58 fps would not instanly throw you back to 30 FPS.

Does anyone have a decent estimate of how many person-hours go in to making a digital environment like this? I assume they have some unbelievably amazing "Hollywood" type tools to do all the major topography and repetitive items and then add-in all the unique buildings and signs, etc. But still, to do these vast territories in such an impressive manner (even scaled-down as they are) makes me wonder how expensive it is to produce.

Some cross-over of this technology to the racing sim world would be awfully helpful as well, where race tracks and the surrounding environment are built-up from laser scans or very granular levels to a finished environment. This top-down approach allows for the "coastal highway" type tracks to be developed much more efficiently. Imagine the LA Hills mod for AC done like the environment in the video above!! Must be two completely different digital graphics manipulation exercises, though...

In their live streams they always say everything you see is placed by hand, every bush, every lamp post, every sign, so probably lots of man-hours.

Blows my mind that these two little trucking games rocket to the top of the Steam sales charts every time they put out a DLC! :confused:

IMG_4120.JPG

Blows my mind that these two little trucking games rocket to the top of the Steam sales charts every time they put out a DLC! :confused:
Well, I know this is kind of hard for a simracer, but just check how many players ATS has compared to the current sim racing games on steam. It's a lot...
Edit: If you like classic trucks, get the Mack R in the workshop and choose one of the two stroke engines (6V92), the sound is awesome!

Well, I know this is kind of hard for a simracer, but just check how many players ATS has compared to the current sim racing games on steam. It's a lot...
Edit: If you like classic trucks, get the Mack R in the workshop and choose one of the two stroke engines (6V92), the sound is awesome!

That's nothing compared to the Euro version though. ETS2 is in the top 10 most played games on Steam and averages well over 20,000 players at any given time. :confused: Who would have ever thought driving trucks slowly through traffic would be so popular? Even more surprising to me, based on what I see on the SCS forum it seems a lot of real truckers play these games....like, a lot! And they love it! But the most surprising thing on their forums is that there's hardly any bickering or arguing, I didn't know such a thing was possible. :laugh:

probably because there's no rival game? So you don't get the "my truck sim is better than yours" nonsense. Choice is good, but by it's very nature divides.
Uhh, shall we start the game? The economic simulation is a lot better than ETS2/ATS!
And no, I don't recommend it in it's current state :cool:

AMS says "hi" lol

AMS has it's vocal critics just as much as any other racing sim, not sure what your point is.

Uhh, shall we start the game? The economic simulation is a lot better than ETS2/ATS!
And no, I don't recommend it in it's current state :cool:

Looks promising (putting it on my wishlist)...but reading other comments/reviews it's still got to go a long way before rivalling ETS2/ATS. I'll probably get it all the same but in a sale.

Looks promising (putting it on my wishlist)...but reading other comments/reviews it's still got to go a long way before rivalling ETS2/ATS. I'll probably get it all the same but in a sale.

Seriously, I just put this up for the giggles, I really wouldn't recommend this one. I got it a long time ago when it got available on steam, and the progress since then is not looking good to be honest and I'm not convinced that this is going to be worth your money.

If you want something for the wishlist, maybe this one?

Seriously, I just put this up for the giggles, I really wouldn't recommend this one. I got it a long time ago when it got available on steam, and the progress since then is not looking good to be honest and I'm not convinced that this is going to be worth your money.

If you want something for the wishlist, maybe this one?
Oh LOL!!!, well to be fair some reviews were positive!! I like the premise of what the games doing (getting out of truck etc). If it drops to a fiver I'll get it. ;)

cheers for the info on the Alaska game, I'll follow that. :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 428 39.7%