American Truck Sim: Utah Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ATS Utah Signs 2.jpg

SCS Software have revealed some interesting new previews from the upcoming Utah DLC map expansion for American Truck Simulator.

Due to launch this November, the Utah DLC in development for American Truck Sim looks to contain many of the expected visual delights from the american state - and today we get a look at... signs!

Yes, in a simulation packed full of things that don't sound particular interesting on face value, but in reality are rather exceptional when you sit down behind the rig and have a go for yourself, signs are indeed an important immersion aspect when one is simulating the daily challenges of long distance truck driving across the United States of America.

Before the luxury of GPS navigation, making a journey across multiple states was tough work. Opening large paper maps, trying to pinpoint your location and looking for landmarks often made a driver's job very frustrating. However, there was one thing that kept truckers in the know of their location, The Welcome Sign.

Famously found on state borders (and also on Instagram), it is a sure sign that you are entering a new province. Each one decorated with their own unique artwork which often depicts famous landmarks or national parks, and the state's slogan.

However, in some US States, these signs are often found as you enter a new town. Appearing in all different shapes and sizes, they are often designed around the cities slogan and surroundings. They also feature landmarks unique to the town, such as universities and museums.

So you can be sure wherever your journey leads you, Utah and its signs welcome you and the millions of travelers that pass by them every year.

ATS Utah Signs 1.jpg
ATS Utah Signs 3.jpg
ATS Utah Signs 4.jpg
ATS Utah Signs 5.jpg

American Truck Simulator is available to purchase now on Steam.

Like hauling load around a virtual United States of America? Good news for you then, you'll probably love our American Truck Sim sub forum! A place to hang with fellow fans of the game, catch up with the latest news and share your love of this surprisingly refreshing simulation.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I should really spend some more time on this simulation but work is a pain at the moment.

Just love the detail, looks amazing and well done to a brilliant team of artists.
My brother works in this game way more than he works in real life :D
I play it around 3 hours a week and it's a very relaxing experience with great detail,interesting different cargoes that needs different driving, only the number of available official trucks is something that i don't like, so i use mods, rn i'm driving VNL670 (mod) and also _god forbid_ an European truck Volvo FH16 :D (ETS trucks mod for ATS)

I bought this game today, but I have an issue with the pedals. They are inverted, so throttle is the brake and vice versa. When I changed them in settings from inverted to normal, they get reverted to inverted again. Any help? Thanks.

I bought this game today, but I have an issue with the pedals. They are inverted, so throttle is the brake and vice versa. When I changed them in settings from inverted to normal, they get reverted to inverted again. Any help? Thanks.

Interesting--I cannot get my pedals to invert in terms of direction of pedal travel. The accelerator and brake are always on full no matter what settings or combinations I choose. Yet the clutch pedal works normally and responds to the invert settings as expected. Game is unusable as a result. Happens the same way in ETS2 and ATS.

can you drive around in some other than a truck as well in those games?
Actually yes, you can. Not official content of course but there are
thousands of mods available for both games including cars, buses,
even motorcycles. I personally don't use them, i prefer to play (almost)
vanilla, but it's clear that with such a huge number of mods the quality
varies enormously, so be careful.

I'm very new to country music, any suggestion for great country music for truckin? i only have bunch of johnny cash and blake shelton ones on my phone:D

I use a mod radio station I found. It was made for this game. It even changes channels depending on the area you are in.

Not sure if this is what's happening but I notice mine switch on me if I'm not careful. Mine are seen as inverted by default but need to be normal. I map the throttle, switch it to normal. Map the brake, switch it to normal, and notice that throttle magically got switched back to inverted. Happens every time, map the first pedal and set it to normal, once I map the second pedal it switches the first one back to inverted. So I map both pedals and only after they're mapped do I change the normal/inverted setting. No idea if that's what's happening to you but double-check to make sure they're not switching on you.

I use a mod radio station I found. It was made for this game. It even changes channels depending on the area you are in.

Sounds fun. Where do you find such radio?

Also, the Steam Halloween Sale started a couple hours ago and all the ATS/ETS2 stuff is on a big discount. I got four maps, special cargo stuff, and tuning/paint packs for under $30 USD.

Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 1.47.34 PM.png

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing