American Truck Sim: Utah Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ATS Utah Signs 2.jpg

SCS Software have revealed some interesting new previews from the upcoming Utah DLC map expansion for American Truck Simulator.

Due to launch this November, the Utah DLC in development for American Truck Sim looks to contain many of the expected visual delights from the american state - and today we get a look at... signs!

Yes, in a simulation packed full of things that don't sound particular interesting on face value, but in reality are rather exceptional when you sit down behind the rig and have a go for yourself, signs are indeed an important immersion aspect when one is simulating the daily challenges of long distance truck driving across the United States of America.

Before the luxury of GPS navigation, making a journey across multiple states was tough work. Opening large paper maps, trying to pinpoint your location and looking for landmarks often made a driver's job very frustrating. However, there was one thing that kept truckers in the know of their location, The Welcome Sign.

Famously found on state borders (and also on Instagram), it is a sure sign that you are entering a new province. Each one decorated with their own unique artwork which often depicts famous landmarks or national parks, and the state's slogan.

However, in some US States, these signs are often found as you enter a new town. Appearing in all different shapes and sizes, they are often designed around the cities slogan and surroundings. They also feature landmarks unique to the town, such as universities and museums.

So you can be sure wherever your journey leads you, Utah and its signs welcome you and the millions of travelers that pass by them every year.

ATS Utah Signs 1.jpg
ATS Utah Signs 3.jpg
ATS Utah Signs 4.jpg
ATS Utah Signs 5.jpg

American Truck Simulator is available to purchase now on Steam.

Like hauling load around a virtual United States of America? Good news for you then, you'll probably love our American Truck Sim sub forum! A place to hang with fellow fans of the game, catch up with the latest news and share your love of this surprisingly refreshing simulation.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Thanks. Sounds neat but it's probably not for me. Really cool idea though. I have several regional stations (Seattle, L.A., SanFran, etc.) programmed into my truck radio and I'll flip to those when I'm in that area but rarely are they playing anything I care to listen to so I usually end up back on the classic rock station. I love seeing the clever stuff like this that members come up with though.

SCS have said they want to do the lower 48. That's gonna take a while though.

According to one of their recent live streams they have a pretty big team now, they used to be only about 30 people but now I believe they're closer to 200 (or more). I think they said they have three teams of maybe a couple dozen people each working on creating different parts of the game now and they seemed somewhat confident that they'll be able to get the lower 48 done in a reasonable time (a few years or so). I'm certainly looking forward to the day I can take my truck down I-69, jump on the 465 loop and then cruise by the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. :inlove:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back