American Truck Sim | NEXT Western Star Confirmed Heading To The Sim

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Everyone's favourite truck simulation developers have made a nice announcement recently - as SCS Software confirm the NEXT Western Star is coming to American Truck Sim.
  • NEXT Western Star truck coming to the simulation.
  • Real world equivalent due to launch at the end of September.
Yes, ATS has been out for a few years now, and the title has certainly enjoyed plenty in the way of content updates since those early first weeks on the Steam platform. That said, the content that makes up most of the post release DLC offerings for the title is often in the form of map expansions - in themselves wildly appreciated by the sim trucking community - but often taking up considerable resources from the studio, and leaving little in the way of capacity to bring new useable vehicles to the title.

Keen to add new and exciting content to the simulation, SCS Software have secured something of an exclusive with this new vehicle - having been granted access to the prototype truck in advance of its public unveiling at the end of September.

"We are bound to not show anything that has not yet been revealed by Western Star®, so please pardon us for not sharing any additional info or details with you today" said SCS Software of the announcement post on their popular developer blog.​
"We greatly appreciate this superb opportunity for such a collaboration with them; it is a first for SCS Software to work this closely with a leading American truck manufacturer on synchronizing the release of a brand-new truck. We are extremely proud to have established ourselves firmly within the trucking industry; earning Daimler Trucks North America's trust to get physical access to the prototype truck, which was necessary to start building this truck for our virtual world".
ATS Western Star Middle.jpg

This is actually a very big deal for SCS Software, as rarely does a game development company have access to such a high profile licence so far in advance of the real machine showing itself to the public. Aligning the real and virtual counterparts is a superb achievement for SCS Software, and should provide a very interesting new vehicle to use within their ever expanding American Truck Simulator title.

Original Source: SCS Software.

American Truck Simulator is available now, exclusive to PC.

Want to share your trucking love with fellow gamers? Head over to the American Truck Sim sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get a new post setup today!

ATS Western Star Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Just as it is with cars, test mules have to drive on public roads with camouflage liveries at some point during their development, so it's hard to keep it a secret from anybody with a phone. This is what the "NEXT" actually looks like, before you're supposed to see it officially. Photo is a few months old.
qrit4onfadm51.jpg
#worstcamoever i can clearly see the trucks outline XD

Last edited:
Just as it is with cars, test mules have to drive on public roads with camouflage liveries at some point during their development, so it's hard to keep it a secret from anybody with a phone. This is what the "NEXT" actually looks like, before you're supposed to see it officially. Photo is a few months old.
looks way too bulky for me. For heavy loads it looks fine, but for me, as I only drive highway loads with reefers and such, I wish they would introduce the 5700 XE instead of this

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 80 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 39 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.4%