American Truck Sim | New Colorado Road Network Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The ever busy team over at SCS Software continue with the hard work developing content for ATS, and the latest batch of previews suggest much development goodness has gone towards road networks in the state of Colorado.
  • New Colorado road network image previews.
  • Plenty of unique new truck stops under development.
  • The Colorado DLC should be available later in the year.
ATS colorado DLC 11.jpg

Trucking in a simulation - I'll openly admit that doesn't necessarily sound like a whole barrel of fun to the average sim racer - however the Steam numbers tell a different story as SCS Software continue to expand their substantial fanbase for both American Truck Simulation and the older European Truck Simulator 2 titles.

When American Truck Sim came out back in 2015, the Czech team committed to continue expanding and developing the world map within the game - and the studio have certainly come good on that promise, as many additional driveable miles have been added to both titles in the last few years - with one of the next map expansions set to be the state of Colorado and the many unique landmarks that make up this American location.

ATS colorado DLC 9.jpg
ATS colorado DLC 8.jpg

As is normal practice for the SCS development team, on the run up to release fans often get to check out some of the new content in the form of various themed teaser posts, and this time we get a look at some of the many varied road networks set to appear within the new expansion - including some of those all important truck stops that are essential visiting for the long distance lorry driver.

At present we don't have a confirmed release date for the next American Truck Sim DLC, however it is anticipated to be made available to players at some point this calendar year - so stay tuned to RaceDepartment.com for more news and previews as and when they become available.

ATS colorado DLC 7.jpg
ATS colorado DLC 6.jpg

About the Colorado DLC:

ATS colorado DLC 10.jpg

Colorado, a western U.S. state, has a diverse landscape of arid desert, river canyons and snow-covered Rocky Mountains, which are partly protected by Rocky Mountain National Park. Elsewhere, Mesa Verde National Park features Ancestral Puebloan cliff dwellings. Perched a mile above sea level, Denver, Colorado’s capital and largest city, features a vibrant downtown area.

From vast prairie grasslands to the majestic mountains, rushing rivers to desert landscapes, Colorado is unlike anywhere else. The highest-altitude state in the USA offers an unbelievable selection of wildlife and natural wonders as well as rich cultural heritage found in frontier forts, narrow-gauge railways, mining museums, dinosaur fossils, ancient cliff dwellings and in the art of local American Indian tribes. From ice climbing to a hot springs soak, a stay in a historic hotel or a trip through a ghost town, Colorado’s Western legacy is everywhere.

Check out the ATS Colorado DLC Steam store page: Click Here.

ATS colorado DLC 5.jpgATS colorado DLC 4.jpgATS colorado DLC 3.jpgATS colorado DLC 2.jpg

American Truck Sim is available now, exclusively on PC.

Want to learn more about the sim and get the most from this impressively detailed title? We've got your back - head over to the American Truck Simulator sub forum here at RaceDepartment, fire up a thread and ask our awesome community for help!

ATS colorado DLC 1.jpg

Last edited:
I live in Colorado, looks like they nailed it! ATS isn't really my thing, but I might have to splurge on this just to sight see!

It's a beautiful state, incredible diversity of scenery. If you take a road trip, it can feel like a completely different state (and climate!) after only an hour of travel. Should make a wonderful setting for ATS content.

The USA is an absolutely gorgeous country - you can find something in pretty much every state that would really drop your jaw. But, in terms of natural beauty, I think Colorado is 2nd only to California. California is not even on the same playing field in my opinion, though. Those million dollar 1000 sq ft bungalows fetch that price for a reason.

I will say though, Colorado used to have more road racing circuits per capita than any other US state. That may no longer be the case however, Colorado has experienced something of a population explosion (ironically, lots of Californians...someone told me the other day that the most feared words in the English language to a Coloradoan are "hi, we just moved here from California!" :laugh: ) and we've lost a track or two.

You could see the way forward with it in the last expansion. The first city i visited in Idaho had a multiple lane, lights, and angler crossing system. Personally i didn't think the last one was as iconic as the previous Utah expansion in terms of the scenic routes, but i can't see a reason not to be all over Colorado. The reason i chose ATS over the more native Euro is because they keep pushing it forward with more variety with each iteration, the more personal taste of the appeal of the routes will always be hit and miss.

Im with you, i love my racing sims but i always seem to get stuck in a never ending cycle of "i must get faster i must get faster" thus sucking a lot of enjoyment out of it, maybe i need to be mentally stronger :p
But yes truck sim and flight sim have all my time nowadays.
Yeah, I agree. I don't take race sims that seriously anyway. Don't have time unfortunately. Just enjoy a quick blast against the AI now and again.

ATS (and ETS2) are good chill out games after a day at work or looking after the kids and all you want to do is relax. Not implying the game is boring but I think most people who enjoy the simple act of driving will understand the odd appeal of these games if they give them some time.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 127 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 470 39.0%