American Truck Sim | New Audio And More In Version 1.37 Update Release

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
SCS Software have deployed the much anticipated version 1.37 build of American Truck Simulator - adding a host of new and improved features within the sim.

Top of the interesting changes from this latest build has to be the inclusion of a vastly reworked audio experience thanks to the addition of FMOD... bringing a much deeper and rich audio experience for American Truck Simulator players to enjoy.

Of course this new addition is just a first pass at upgrading the audio within the title, and further tweaking and testing will be taking place over the coming months as SCS Software look to further refine the new features.

With the new audio comes a new feature too... .opening side windows! Yes, a feature you never knew you needed until you had it, now players can wind down the windows on a hot virtual day and get swallowed up in the sounds of wherever it is you are hauling load... cool!

ATS Side Window.jpg

Build 1.37 Update Notes

VEHICLES

FEATURES
  • FMOD implementation with all existing sounds and few improvements
  • Openable windows on all trucks
  • AI movement and sound behavior improved (featuring FMOD)
  • Walking camera in truck or trailer configuration screen (plus new garage scene)
  • Added technical inspection of vehicles on mandatory weigh stations (illegal trailer, damaged vehicle).
  • Added progressive fines.
  • Colour Feedback support for ASUS ROG Strix

TOBII EYE TRACKING
  • Eye-tracking pause key function fixed
  • Automatic eye-tracking pause while the game is paused/in UI
  • Settings hotkey visibility in UI
MOD
  • Ingame sounds completely reimplemented for FMOD
  • Engine power range data (instead of boost value)
  • Exhaust gas temp gauge animation
  • AI data tweak (engine power instead of torque and gearbox, vehicle_mass override for trailers)

Original Source: SCS Software Blog

American Truck Simulator is available now for PC.

Want to know how to get the most from the software? No worries, throw down a new thread in our ATS sub forum and let our awesome community help you out!

ATS Header.jpg

Im absolutely not patronizing here - but if you are into sim racing one way or another its hard to understand why people can be hooked driving such trucks on virtual roads.
Hehe but truck nerds will probably se it the other way around when they look at racing games.:)
I'm just into making a huge inanimate object bend to my will. I get the same feeling from backing a 53' trailer up to the dock first try as I do hitting an apex perfectly then tracking all the way out before the tires hook back up. :)

Im absolutely not patronizing here - but if you are into sim racing one way or another its hard to understand why people can be hooked driving such trucks on virtual roads.
Hehe but truck nerds will probably se it the other way around when they look at racing games.:)
It's very relaxing most of the times, and can be quite interesting to park with the loads, requiring loads of skill.

To me it's mostly the "just drive for hours" feeling that is amazing.

Thanks for the update on the game. Reading the one statement above saying "American Truck is now available for the PC". I thought the game always worked on a PC and I have it on STEAM.

Because of being into Racing games:
Havent done a whole lot of time with this game yet - also the same with the European Truck game, but will probably spend more time now with these games due to the things going on in the world at this time. I also have one of the Bus Simulator games to have fun with. take care.

Don't knock it until you've tried it. I'm not in any way a "truck nerd". I don't know much about them aside from the obvious, I have no interest in being a truck driver in real life, nor do I have any real world experience of driving them. Yet I occasionally play and enjoy truck driving sims. I enjoy driving itself, and the much slower, more relaxing pace of trucking a few loads is sometimes preferable to the high-speed, break-neck world of sim-racing.

Not patronizing here either.....but how can you have an opinion on something you've never tried?

Before buying ETS I thought how can this be any fun? It happened to be on sale one day for under $10 and I decided to give it a go. I was skeptical at first but then I was pleasantly surprised. It's hard to describe what the attraction is but it is relaxing and also challaging at the same time. I would recommend it. Especially if you have VR.

I enjoy racing various vehicles fast around a track, and I also enjoy driving various vehicles at a relaxing pace on country roads. One kind of enjoyment can actually get you hooked on another kind of enjoyment.

American/Euro truck sim are absolutely great for putting on some music and driving away, something I can't really do with race sims. Yes there's LA Canyons and such, but they're missing cities and traffic lights and businesses where you pick up stuff to drive to other businesses. Sometimes after a long working day I'm just in the mood for hauling 20 tons of hydrochloric acid to Fresno with 80s hair bands blasting through my earphones.

but how can you have an opinion on something you've never tried?
The reason I started my comment that way is because its often very difficult even to ask a plain question like mine without people turning very defending or even aggressive - instead of just explaining what is the fun driving such trucks.

And conserning "how can you have an opinion on something you've never tried?" - then both you and me have oppinions about a lot of things we have never tried and will never try.
I have both oppinions about how it is to drive a F1 car in RL and how it must be to be a brain surgeon in RL.;)
But I will probably not come near to try in this life.:rolleyes:
OK?

And when I try to understand how it can be to use hours driving and manuvering these trucks on some virtual roads then I imagine there must be some kind of mental meditation-ish state involved.
Because thats often what RL truck drivers tell when they just drive for hours and hours between mandatory stops.

I play it in VR mostly, its amazingly addictive for I don't really no what reason, I suppose its just a nice relaxing & amusing game..ETS is great with Promods
I agree. VR is the way to go. So immersive. But promods is such a frame rate killer. Soon as I deactivate promods I get a constant solid in and around the cities at 90fps in my index, don’t get me wrong if there was only one mod to have, promods is it. Just wish they can optimise it better for vr. Ats is just as good too. Again as soon as u add any map mods frame rate drops on my 2080ti.

And when I try to understand how it can be to use hours driving and manuvering these trucks on some virtual roads then I imagine there must be some kind of mental meditation-ish state involved.
Because thats often what RL truck drivers tell when they just drive for hours and hours between mandatory stops.
I drive in ATS after wrecks in Simracing lol i hope my heart and my nervs will be appreciating it when i'm 60 or something :D
But i also have some opinions that it seems none or real or virtual truckers have(or even the majority of petrolheads or car lovers), i hate the sound of turbo, it's killing me! after lots of studies i was able to remove the turbo sound from one of the available engines for my truck and i was enjoying it with a "lowered window sound mod", the engine sound in cabin was so low and the turbo sound was 99% of it, now if the new sound update for lowered side window can increase the real sound of the engine (and not just 99% Turbo sound) i will be cool with it! no! who am i kidding i'll try to remove turbo sound again :confused: :D

I get a constant solid in and around the cities at 90fps in my index.

Any chance of sharing your settings? same combo here. I don't have too much of a problem with what I've got going in game, but I know i'm just taking a random stab in the dark at it, you appear to be more knowledgeable.

On a side note the 1.37 got updated to the VR branch this morning. Great news because like people say, it's immersion chillout overload.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 86 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 59 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 125 13.8%