American Truck Sim | LoneStar Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
New content alert! Finally after what feels like an eternity of waiting, new truck content is available for American Truck Simulator - the iconic International LoneStar is here!

The sixth truck model to become available for the American themed trucking simulation, the International LoneStar is one of the most instantly recognisable model designs in US and international trucking circles.

ATS Lonestar 4.jpg

Massive in size and road networks, but lacking in vehicles to really flesh out the title, the inclusion of the International LoneStar is sure to be welcomed by players of the simulation, and furthermore it has been added to the title for no additional cost to players! Yup, free! Zero cost, no special 'deluxe' packages needed... plain old free! How good is that?

American Truck Simulator is available now exclusive on PC.

Got a question about the sim? Drop a line with our knowledgeable and ever helpful community at the ATS sub forum!

ATS Lonestar 3.jpg
ATS Lonestar 2.jpg

Last edited:
It may just be me but both ETS2 and ATS have lost their appeal after years without innovations to the gameplay.
I haven't touched them for over a year, but the DX11 switch was a big enough trigger for me to try them again. And I think it's still a very pleasant experience, especially in VR, the sights look amazing along the road, map quality vastly improved in recent years. Unfortunately, loading crowded spaces is still a big weakness of the engine, normally my GPU can easily maintain 90 FPS, but huge traffic in bigger cities still can cause significant hiccups.

But yeah, even though I missed some new features like purchasable trailers, voice navigation... etc., the core gameplay is exactly the same, but I don't mind to be honest. But both games hit me with this new "detour" feature immediately, when an unexpected roadblock forces you to find an another route, I'm not a huge fan of that. The job got almost half a day longer in both cases.

International Trucks had these awful Navistar engines. Pretty much everyone who owned a Lonestar had to throw that piece of poop of an engine out and put a Cummings or DD in there. Why can't we have this in the game? I mean some random amateur 20 year old modder has probably already done it....what are those tools doing all this time.

Also,i wonder when will the crazy licensing issue is going to be resolved? It's been YEARS now. Mercedes owns Freightliner and Western star, how hard can it be to get them both in the game?

SCS is full of cheap excuses. I hope some day they'll get some competition. I bet that will wake them up and give us what we've been asking for YEARS.

International Trucks had these awful Navistar engines. Pretty much everyone who owned a Lonestar had to throw that piece of poop of an engine out and put a Cummings or DD in there. Why can't we have this in the game? I mean some random amateur 20 year old modder has probably already done it....what are those tools doing all this time.

Also,i wonder when will the crazy licensing issue is going to be resolved? It's been YEARS now. Mercedes owns Freightliner and Western star, how hard can it be to get them both in the game?

SCS is full of cheap excuses. I hope some day they'll get some competition. I bet that will wake them up and give us what we've been asking for YEARS.

I never really understand why people, when presented with something new, and for FREE even, so often whine (sorry about the word) about what they do NOT get, instead of showing a little appreciation for what they GET instead.
I know, probably just me being silly, but I don´t really understand it...

I never really understand why people, when presented with something new, and for FREE even, so often whine (sorry about the word) about what they do NOT get, instead of showing a little appreciation for what they GET instead.
I know, probably just me being silly, but I don´t really understand it...

You're either a communist or you grew up under communism, that's why you can't understand why people still complain when they get something "for free", and why they're not happy with what little they already have. It's just your mindset.

I'm not a communist. Never was, never will be. I always ask for more and more often. I also always ask for better stuff than what i already have.

In this particular case, i have every right to complain as well because it's been THREE years since we got a truck in ATS. Meanwhile we've been getting a little piece of massively downscaled map every 6 months or so. Modders have already done better than that.
ETS2 still lacks fully detailed truck models. Some trucks haven't even been touched since the game was released.

We should all complain, although i doubt it will have any effect because that's what happens when there's no competition. No progress, or just barely minimal.

I apologize to everyone for going political but it was the best explanation i could give as to WHY i complain and why he doesn't understand it (as he said).

You're either a communist or you grew up under communism, that's why you can't understand why people still complain when they get something "for free", and why they're not happy with what little they already have. It's just your mindset.

I'm not a communist. Never was, never will be. I always ask for more and more often. I also always ask for better stuff than what i already have.

In this particular case, i have every right to complain as well because it's been THREE years since we got a truck in ATS. Meanwhile we've been getting a little piece of massively downscaled map every 6 months or so. Modders have already done better than that.
ETS2 still lacks fully detailed truck models. Some trucks haven't even been touched since the game was released.

We should all complain, although i doubt it will have any effect because that's what happens when there's no competition. No progress, or just barely minimal.

I apologize to everyone for going political but it was the best explanation i could give as to WHY i complain and why he doesn't understand it (as he said).

You American?

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 93 18.8%
  • €151-500

Votes: 131 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 86 17.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 50 10.1%