American Truck Sim | Idaho Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
SCS Software have revealed preview images of the upcoming Idaho expansion pack DLC, currently in development for American Truck Simulator.

Looking resplendent in sunrise conditions, the latest previews from the upcoming the Idaho map expansion for American Truck are very much a sight to behold - showcasing the graphical power of the simulation that continues to grow in both scale and depth.

ATS Idaho 3.jpg

About the Content
Idaho is a northwestern U.S. state known for mountainous landscapes, and vast swaths of protected wilderness and outdoor recreation areas. The capital, Boise, is set in the Rocky Mountain foothills and is bisected by the Boise River, which is popular for rafting and fishing.

The state covers two time zones, runs from Canada to Nevada, and encompasses the western side of the continental divide of the Rocky Mountains. Rivers, mountains and farmland dominate the state’s landscape. The panhandle has emerald green hillsides, timbered mountains and pristine lakes. Central Idaho is covered with jagged peaks. The Snake River Plain, with its wide open vistas, irrigated farm lands and vibrant cities forms the character of Southern Idaho.

ATS Idaho 2.jpg

No release date has been revealed for the latest new expansion to American Truck Sim, however I'm sure you will agree that the current state of the WIP build these shots are taken from, we are surely looking at a release window in the early part of this year.

Original Source: SCS Software Blog

American Truck Sim: Idaho DLC is due to release during 2020.

Got a question about the sim? Post a thread in the ATS sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let our awesome community help you out!

ATS Idaho 4.jpg
ATS Idaho 5.jpg
ATS Idaho 6.jpg
ATS Idaho 7.jpg

The first image after the story, with a tanker truck at a weigh station is at the top of the Lewiston grade. a 7% hill with multiple runaway truck sandpits to catch rigs that lose their brakes. The factory in the distance is a pulp/paper plant so Lewiston is famous for it's aroma. The freeway down is a proper wide path now, but it used to be a narrow two lane squiggly road that seemed best suited to Sporting Street motorcycles. My two homestates have become the add-on focus of this sim. Wierd. The mountains do run the length of the state, but the bottom third is almost all just desert plains as the mountains veer eastward into Utah.

Nice :) mountainous sounds great. But i hope they find a way to increase the draw distance. That sadly kills a lot of the otherweise awesome immersion.
You only have to be patient. It'll come in about.....6 years judging by the current speed of development. Unless of course somebody decides to make a AAA trucking game. That would speed things up a bit.

A dedicated page about palm trees :geek::D

A dedicated page about palm trees :geek::D

haha I found that same site after he asked the question, but I never been to Idaho so I'm minding my business lol

Boise and Pocatello are right on the transitions from Mtns and desert. The arid sections of the state are plenty hot enough for Palm Trees. Heck they grow in rainy Portland Or. Fun Fact, more Idaho Potatoes are grown in Central Washington St. than in Idaho. (or at least that is a fun fact I've heard but never verified)

i wonder if they will add every state at some point. They aren't even 1/5th done.

I hope that's their plan, although that will take too long at this rate, while updating the graphics engine to fit modern standards along the way like iRacing has been doing. I'd be happy if they made it to at least all the states bordering the Mississippi river within the next 5 years (they'd probably need at least twice their current staff to pull this off).

Good Trucking Sim no doubt, but by the time they get the rest of the upper US 48 states I will be out about $516.00 usd! NOW THATS ONE VERY EXPENSIVE GAME......Boom dang they snagged you unaware.....i will add this when its under $0.50 just so I don't feel stupid.Not to mention that after having this for a while I can say for me that after about 14 hours the game has become very boring and too repetitive and nooo amount of over priced DLC's can fix that !

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%