American Truck Sim | Boise Previews Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
SCS Software have released another new batch of preview images from their upcoming Idaho map expansion DLC.

Featuring the city of Boise, towards the West of Idaho, these new preview shots once again show an enviable attention to detail by the developers as they continue to maximise what is now becoming an ageing graphics engine within the simulation.

The new map expansion DLC is set to be released to American Truck Simulator at some point during the summer, with an exact release date yet to be confirmed by the developers.

ATS Boise 7.jpg
ATS Boise 6.jpg

About the DLC
Idaho is a northwestern U.S. state known for mountainous landscapes, and vast swaths of protected wilderness and outdoor recreation areas. The capital, Boise, is set in the Rocky Mountain foothills and is bisected by the Boise River, which is popular for rafting and fishing.

The state covers two time zones, runs from Canada to Nevada, and encompasses the western side of the continental divide of the Rocky Mountains. Rivers, mountains and farmland dominate the state’s landscape. The panhandle has emerald green hillsides, timbered mountains and pristine lakes. Central Idaho is covered with jagged peaks. The Snake River Plain, with its wide open vistas, irrigated farm lands and vibrant cities forms the character of Southern Idaho.

ATS Boise 5.jpg
ATS Boise 4.jpg

Original Source: SCS Software

American Truck Simulator is available from Steam exclusively for PC.

Having issues with the simulation? Post a thread in the American Truck Sim sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let our awesome community help you out!

ATS Boise 3.jpg
ATS Boise 2.jpg

Last edited:
Gosh, the university stadium (2nd pic) is one of the few places I'm truly familiar with in Boise! Back in the mid-90s, I'd travel there from Portland for an annual SCCA NORPAC divisional autox held in the parking lot. NORPAC quit holding the divisional series and I do miss them.

Last pic is the freeway exit for the stadium.

I love both SCS sims, but what Europe doesn't have compared to the US is the differing landscapes, I can travel from Estonia to the UK and apart from the quality of the maps it's just green grass and trees!

US has Faster speed limits too (apart from Cali and a few other places). Although is it common for trucks to be able to drive 65mph+ on roads with no central reservation in the US? That's a bit scary if a blowout causes a swerve to the left!! :O

I have many mods installed, but I try to avoid map mods for compatibility reasons. Btw, do you know that happens if I install C2C, Viva México -or whatever map- and then the Idaho expansion comes out? I'm guessing my truck just returns to the garage and I can keep on playing?

How does it run in VR these days?

Edit: OK, I'll answer my own question. I hadn't played this for ages and last I tried the performance in VR seemed pretty average in towns. However, this seems to run quite nicely in VR now. I have everything on High and scaling of 200% (no AA) on a Vive Pro. Looks great. Might consider investing in some additional DLC

Last edited:
How does it run in VR these days?

Edit: OK, I'll answer my own question. I hadn't played this for ages and last I tried the performance in VR seemed pretty average in towns. However, this seems to run quite nicely in VR now. I have everything on High and scaling of 200% (no AA) on a Vive Pro. Looks great. Might consider investing in some additional DLC
Did you try with a conversion mod?
I used to have quite decent performance in ETS2 vanilla, but as soon as i installed ProMods (Germany, Austria and BeNeLux, where you spend most of your time when you do long hauls, really aren't worth it without) the performance plummeted and it was pretty much undrivable in VR. Didn't touch it for a long time because of that

Did you try with a conversion mod?
I used to have quite decent performance in ETS2 vanilla, but as soon as i installed ProMods (Germany, Austria and BeNeLux, where you spend most of your time when you do long hauls, really aren't worth it without) the performance plummeted and it was pretty much undrivable in VR. Didn't touch it for a long time because of that

No, I must admit my ATS is mostly untouched. Only mod is to put GPS screen from wheel to roof. The mountain pop-in is quite distracting I might add.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 316 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 158 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 276 13.5%