RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Not my best effort tonight, but it is fun to get together and race! I like the format.

Quali: Did a PB of 1:28.7. On llast lap of quali I was 0.8 ahead, and I spun at the chicane.:redface::frown: Ended up in 4th.

Race 1: Disaster struck as I spun at the start line, hitting the wall, and taking myself out with unrepairable damage. Sorry to all who were effected.

Race 2: I got an OK start from 1st place, and then took a hit from Dan in Turn 1. Bad suspension damage, so I had to limp around to the pits to fix it. Came out in 6th, and just worked hard on putting in some decent laps. Worked my way up to 5th with others misfortunes. Will was slowly catching me up when I came down to Turn 1 at full pace, to find William going slow in the race line. I bailed off track to miss him, and spun into the kitty litter. By the time I made it back out, Will was long gone, and Stefan was on my tail. I had a bit of a battle with him until he lost it coming onto the back straight. From there it was an easy ride in. A little excitement when I let Dan by to lap me, and then twice he almost lost it in front of me. I didn't want to pass him to risk interfering with the leader, but he scared me there!

Well done to all. I am looking forward to the next race! Special thanks to Stefan for organizing these great events!

Chris

Man, I think I had all the luck this time. lol.

R1: Got a great start and as I go to pass Chris down the middle, he spins off the line. I slammed on my brakes and I think we touched lightly as I spun towards the wall. Was lucky to get away with no damage and made my way back up to finish third as others made mistakes. Was alone for most of the race.

R2: Got yet another great start. This time I am diving up the outside of William as Will's car comes flying across and takes us both out. This time I wasn't so lucky. Took on suspension damage and lost my front aero. After this I nursed the car back to the pits with Will in tow. Got out a few seconds before him and started to push. I was slowly pulling back Chris and I was miraculously able to keep Will at bay - or perhaps he was just taking his time. Then I made a mistake and spun letting Will by. I still had Will in sight at this point, but then I spun again coming out of the chicane, just a few short turns later. Doh! I thought that was it and was surprised when I found myself behind Chris and gaining on him. Then coming onto the back straight the car got unsettled. I must have corrected 6 or 7 times, zig zagging down the back straight before I finally lost it and hit the wall. I was now on 3 wheels for the remainder of the race. Turning left was no problem, but turning right was quite interesting. Finished 7th.

Good racing with you all as always. See you all next time! :)

This was awesome! First race was a blast, and so was the second.

In the first leg, I qualified 5th, but in practice I put down the fastest time. And then once the race started I got up to 4th going into the first corner, and then overtook the 3rd place driver in that corner. Then the 2nd place car slipped up and allowed me to take the position. After that I was right on Dave for half the race. That guy is a pro, cause he didn't make any mistakes, and these cars are hard to drive. And sure enough I spun and dropped 6 seconds. Finished comfortably in 2nd, but I had a lot of hope going into race 2.

Well... that was until I saw it was reverse grid order and I was stuck in last (8 out of 8). Had a great start this time, and got into 3rd going into the first corner. Then I don't know what happened. Will broke in front of me and I had too much speed, lost control of the car and hit the guy in first. (SO SORRY ABOUT THAT!!). It turns out I ruined his race :(

I decided to just drive on the limit after that, figuring I had to with the suspension damage I got from my crash. I absolutely flew through the field, picking off cars lap after lap, Hamilton style. Soon it was down to Will and myself. He knew I was coming, cause he started to drive kind of shaky. Realizing this, he practically let me go through after he ran wide on one corner. After that, it was a pretty smooth drive to a victory. Will managed to close the gap to half a second a few times, but I seemed to drive way better while being pushed than cruusing 2+ seconds ahead. I think he spun while going through lapped traffic, and that sealed the deal. I had a pretty shaky time on the last lap though, as I was so nervous (I was in the lead during my last club event when I made a final lap mistake with only 2 corners to go.)

But I was able to take it across in the end for my first RD victory! Not to mention I won tonight's meeting with a combined total of 20 points ;) . lol

Great fun today. And damn does it feel good to finally see that checkered flag first!!!!!

lewis_hamilton_29574t.jpg

Edit--oh man, I'm going to sleep. Will wasn't even in the Ferrari toward the front. I don't even know who I was battling out there. I'm such a n00b. It's too late for this! lol good night.

Well well... where do I start?? I think I was so into beating my FPWS quali time which I did by a few tenths. That I totally forgot the race setup lines!! lol :)

Race 1 was P1 thru T1 then a silly mistake caused me to snap oversteer right into the wall. Bang!! My front wing goes flying into the air! :) Make it back to the pits for repairs and start to have a good battle with Claudio. Spin while trying to close the gap and he takes off again. Able to track him down in the final laps, but couldn't find a way past him so just decide to stay really close and he makes a mistake and able to take home P5 from last.

Race 2 - Decided to try a different wing setting and get off the line really well about to try and get the slipstream on Claudio when a Toro Rosso flashed before my eyes! hehe :) Don't know who it was, but don't worry about it. :) I noticed that Stefan was right on me and there was nowhere to go and he runs into the back of me. I'm literally holding my steering wheel sideways for the first lap just trying to get to the pits before the leaders come around and lap me. Repairs were done as I see Claudio and the rest of them heading down the main straight. Able to put some good laps and pull away and not worry about the blue flag. With just about the whole race to go Stefan was a handful of seconds in front and was just thinking about consistent laps to try and put myself in position to have a run on him later in the race. Able to pass him as he makes a mistake and pick up a few spots in the final laps to again grab P5.

Not bad after incidents in lap 1 of both races. Glad that I stuck it out as had some great battles with Claudio and Stefan tonight. It made it all worthwhile! :)

Thanks to RD and Stefan for setting this up! Thanks to everyone for the racing tonight!

if i may make a little suggestion, we have plenty of American cars ( either default ingame or add-on ) to only run American cars and tracks for this week. Sunday instead of DTM maybe run the Mustang Mod, Saturday the Camaro Cup ( i can help for setup and tips on how to drive them ), Monday maybe just use the The Vette and the Viper on Friday maybe just run the lacetti ( i know not really an american car but it got Chevy on it lol ). Thursday instead of the Cats ( even if i love them ) maybe run a Race On US Muscle Cars event ? ( i know i'm pushing my luck lol ), Tuesday we could run the Viper street version as for the Mini's well i'm out of American cars lol

minifridaynew.png

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT MINI

Class: Mini Cooper
Track: EuroSpeedway LautizRing Download Here
Weather: Dry

Start: 19:00 GMT
Practice: 30 minutes
Qualification: 30 minutes
Warm-up: 5 minutes
Race: 70 minutes

Note: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

Entry List

1. Dan Allinson
  2. Oancea Gabriel
  3. Murat Erdogdu
  4. Péter Bártfai
  5. Nisse Andersson
  6. William Elgh
  7. Chris Sykes
  8. Nathan Magrath
  9. Ronan Mendina
  10. Renato Dornelles
  11. Jesper Taulborg
  12. Thomas Lee
  13. Marcus Johansson
  14. Neil Tasker
  15. Lee Palmer
  16. Dave Flower
  17. Neil Gault
  18. Cor van der Burg
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -
Mini Friday SkinPack v3.6
Submit skins here

To "maybes" You will be added as a "Cinderella" at the bottom of the Entrylist. If your spot is needed then you WILL lose it.
If you are the last "maybe" added you will be the first "maybe" to lose your slot to someone that can confirm a sign-up.

-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.3%
  • < 4 years