AMD Radeon AA Setting Recommendations.

I've been searching for GTR2 specific Anti-Aliasing recommendations for AMD Radeon.

Radeon has three default options.
Performance - This causes the AI cars to disappear from replays
Balanced - distant edges flicker
Optimal Graphics - doesn't solve the flickering.

Tried playing around with various settings but nothing seemed to make a difference.

I've tried finding recommendations on various gaming sites but nothing seems to work for GTR2. Also searched the RD forums but most AA recommendations are for NVIDIA or other games (Assetto/rFactor)

Appreciate any settings recommendations for GTR2 / AMD Radeon Win10

thanks

Last edited:
turns out there's a whole part of the Radeon control panel that can disappear, so i had to uninstal and then download the latest version in order to find the options most needed to be customized. Going through that process now.

If it works, i'll post the process here incase others need the info

MSAA doesn't work for me in GTR 2, so I've set the AA to supersampling in the Radeon Software application.
It's a brute force technique but with the game being the age it is, keeping up an acceptable frame rate is very much possible even with the HQ Anniversary mod applied.

not tested myself but many people reports that it works well

Thanks for the link. I've actually dowloaded the latest version of Radeon and have tinkered around with the settings.
I Followed some instructions/recommendations from gamers sites and Youtube videos but nothing so far has worked.

Hopeful Durge also has some good tips. He usually does.

Last edited:
On nvidia panel I have 3 settings for AA :
- Let games deicide
- Improve AA
- Force AA

Some people say that IMPROVE mode works but others say that only FORCE mode works for some games so try to activate IMPROVE, restart computer, run gtr2, if still no AA then activate FORCE AA setting in AMD panel, restart pc and run gtr2 again. Hope it helps, for me I must set ForceAA otherwise I have no AA at all.

Yes, the AMD - older ATI control-panels had most 3 x settings, i cant understand the difference in GTR2 also.
Only recognice the Anti-Alaising-Filter in the GTR2-Config,
but the Anisotrophe ? - possible that GTR2 use the acutal Desktop-Setting of Filters ?

Try the settings in thread below
3200G with Vega8 onboard graphics basically the slowest combo you can buy

I don't see how it could look much nicer, certainly better then my RTX 2080

gtr2-2019-12-23-10-11-46-37-jpg.340160

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.7%
  • < 3 years