AMD FidelityFX and Automobilista 2

Is it supported by AMS 2? It has to be supported in order to work. I know the latest
Custom Shaders Patch for AC supports it, although I haven't tried it, and maybe it
is only experimental yet...
In AC it works great, especially at the high resolutions of VR. In Time trial mode I use it to upscale to around 5200 x 2600 and race mode 4800 x 2400 both at Ultra Quality. I hope it will be as great in AMS2.

Good to hear that. But what video card do you have, and is it necessary to
install any new driver or anything, or just the latest CSP is alright?

And, what increase in FPS you get when using the same resolution, with
and without this new technology by AMD?

I have a 6800XT, no new drivers are needed just update to CSP 0.1.76 and in CSP settings you turn it on and select which quality you want to run. The FPS boost depends on which quality you choose and the larger the resolution the better it works so amazing for VR. I run it at Ultra Quality and all I can say is, for example, the difference on LA Canyons is night and day. Before, the distant mountains were blurry and the vegetation not sharp. Now it is all clear and I can see the road winding up the canyon 5 kms in the distance whereas before I didn't even know it was there.
I get an even greater boost by editing the PPFilter to only having the brake lights enabled, turning off FXAA and disabling post-proccessing antialiasing in CSP-Graphics Adjustments as the FidelityFX takes care of all this.

Anyone else been running this? I have been using it for a few weeks now and there really doesn't seem to be a downside. I was struggling to get 90fps with my RTX2070S+G1 at 100% SS, but with this enabled at around 0.69 it ticks along really nicely. I get the odd bit of re-projection at the start depending on the track/car combo, but that usually clears after T1 for the remainder of the race.

I should probably add that I can just make out a little bit more softness in the image for distant objects, but I don't really notice it unless I'm looking for it and it's an awful lot better than reducing the SS by a similar amount.

EDIT: it's not natively supported in AMS2, but you can enable it in VR with a mod that you can get from here https://github.com/fholger/openvr_fsr - install instructions are in the readme

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back