Amazon.com?

I am looking on amazon at this game and there are two listing. One says older version next to the game and the other one does not.

I have no idea what the difference it, can anybody tell me?

Ok. Thanks, your saving me the time of waiting for the game and probably cheaper anyways with shipping involved. Are there any downloadable versions of GTR2 and grand prix legends that you know about. Or should I wait for GTR3 and skip on grand prix legends? I am just picking up some games I missed out on starting on this PC racing recently. They all seem pretty cheap so I thought I would grab a few that I don't already have.

As far as I know GTR2 doesn't have a digital version atm, and I've never played Grand Prix Legends. Hope to see you in our GTL club races soon

No GTL mods need the disc. You may be thinking of the HistorX mod for rFactor, which requires a copy of GTL to install. However, it supports both the DVD and digital version, so you're far better off going for the digital version direct from SimBin.

A digital version of GTR 2 was planned, but got delayed because SimBin was too busy doing other things. (GTR 3 and final Race 07 expansions) It might be back in the works now, I don't know. However, from the info on RR it looks like all the Ferrari's are being cut from the game. Better off getting the DVD version if you can find it anywhere. I'm after a copy myself, but not for the stupid prices I'm seeing at the moment. (£50 in some cases!)

The GTL club is probably one of the best places to start racing online on PC. Extremely friendly community and a nice relaxed atmosphere. :)

No GTL mods need the disc. You may be thinking of the HistorX mod for rFactor, which requires a copy of GTL to install. However, it supports both the DVD and digital version, so you're far better off going for the digital version direct from SimBin.

A digital version of GTR 2 was planned, but got delayed because SimBin was too busy doing other things. (GTR 3 and final Race 07 expansions) It might be back in the works now, I don't know. However, from the info on RR it looks like all the Ferrari's are being cut from the game. Better off getting the DVD version if you can find it anywhere. I'm after a copy myself, but not for the stupid prices I'm seeing at the moment. (£50 in some cases!)

The GTL club is probably one of the best places to start racing online on PC. Extremely friendly community and a nice relaxed atmosphere. :)

Thanks, that was the mod I was thinking of but I did not realize it works for both disc and digital. As far as GTR2 goes amazon has it used for around 25 us dollors. The new prices are allot more.

Yeah, but the trouble is now that the game is still quite popular, but no longer being produced and not available in high street retailers (in the UK at least). When something is in demand and rare, the price sky rockets. I've had bad experiences with EBay, so that isn't an option for me.

Yeah I am still working on having confidence to get into some races. Coming from pretty much all xbox racing experiance I know it's a whole different world in the PC scene.
I couldn't agree with you less, tbh.

GT Legends at RD is the very epitome of friendly, gentlemanly driving, and the perfect place to break your duck.

You won't get punted off by any of us, and we understand that every driver has to be the figurative new kid at one point or another.

You will learn more following one of the good drivers (not me) around for a few laps, and spending a few events listening/joining in on Teamspeak than you will in months of offline practice.

I'm sure any of the drivers in the Club will agree with me.

Well I am running a fanatec GT2 but I am sure the settings are not to far off for mine to feel right. My new video card came today and I might throw that in tonight then mess around. So many games, so little experience. I kind of jumped all in with this computer thing game wise. rfactor 1 and 2, netkar pro, game stock car, ARCA, RBRally, race 07 and gt legends. Waiting on grand prix legends and gtr2 from amazon. Lots of racing in my future, thats for sure.I blame insidesimracing for this attraction to this sport. But I love it, no matter how low my skill is right now.

Wow, nice sim-racing starter kit there :D

GT Legends would be my first choice there, purely because of the racing club here.
RBR is good fun too. There are weekly online rallies here as well, 20-30 people usually, so if you're a rally fan, try those.
netKar is brilliant, but has a small online community unfortunately.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back