Amazing Tyre Model

OZ67

OZ67
Premium
After doing a 10 lap race at newerburg or nurburgring in the Lambo GT3 blancpain version, to compare with assetto , ACC and Raceroom, I have to say the tyre model in rFactor 2 is light years a head of the rest , just amazing how you can feel the seat of the pants feel in a sim , they just nailed it ,and it will be difficult to top imho. I wish they would fix the crappy UI and add a offline championship mode.
P.S.
All test done in VR except for ACC ; it will be interesting to see if it makes a difference in feeling when VR is implemented in acc. Race-room comes second due to a great FFB feel. They are all great sims , so not bagging one from the other.

Agree with you. Tire model/FFB in rfactor2 is way way ahead of the other sims. I already concluded a 20 laps race with practice and qualification session with the McLaren 650S GT3 in Malaysia circuite ( AI at 108%) in VR mod and it’s really a great experience add to all this the best AI to....

rFactor 2 is at leat a decade ahead of any competition in terms of tire model ;)

Just a note: While the Simtek mod is good in many ways, it's tires were not finished and I don't think he'll ever finish it. They're not really that good.

If you want to try really good tires you can try the GP3 mod, the Enduracers mod, or any of the official packs (GT3/GTE/FE). Or basically anything except the ApexMod and the Simtek ones.

Did you use the Simtek GT3 Lambo?
If so, make sure you try the official GT3's and GTE's. They have an even newer tire model implemented recently that feels even better than any GT3 mod. The DLC is totally worth it.
Unfortunately Simtek closed shop, so that GT3 mod won't be receiving any further updates.
I used the 2016 version , I think it's from the GT3 DLC It's defiantly not a mod.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back