PC2 Amazing new FFB for PCars2

thanks for the heads up. Im going to try this as soon as i get home from work. I recently started playing this game again after getting my vr working great. ( mainly because of the news of ams 2 using this engine ). I am already using custom ffb files that feel decent. Hopefully these new files give me that feeling im missing from rf2 and r3e.

Best one i tried yet. It adds two forces to the ffb that were missing beforehand. Makes the game feel much more connected imho and recommend a try.
Christiaan's FFB:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?66720-Christiaan-s-Pure-FFB-(Custom-pCARS2-FFB-File)

all credit goes to the author. Really cannot recommend this file enough.

I too tried this today. Wow is all I can say. An incredible improvement. Times on every track I tried improved by more than a second. Where previously I would have spun, I recovered. This is a very significant improvement.

Does this mean SMS failed to include those 'two forces'?
With what car(s) have you tried it, to compare from previous/stock FFB?
The two forces are the wheel's momentum in the x and y coordinates (parallel and perpendicular to the direction of travel on the horizontal plane). Apparently SMS felt they didn't add much to the ffb and as such were irrelevant.

Cars I tried:
Formula Renault @ Daytona road circuit:
Always loved this car, now it feels slightly better though a bit lighter at low speeds. Sense of weight increases slightly once downforce starts working. Will need to try again to increase tone further.

Ford GT GTE @ Spa:
Car was ok but used to spin a lot out of a sudden, now I can catch it by instinct really feel that tyre load changing much more than before. Massive improvement.

Radical @ Donnington:
Worse car of the bunch. I mean, it improved a bit, but even with ffb maxed out steering felt floaty. Could be down to car weight. Still, always felt like this car disappointed.

KTM GT4 @ Watkins Glen:
Felt really good. Don't really like the car (feels sluggish to me) but it felt more precise and again, I felt more of what was going on with the car.

I have a TS-PC racer settings are:
Gain 100
Volume 100
Tone 50-100 (depending on car)
Fx 25

I was surprised I Don't get any clipping and it feels good as is. I adjust tone according to car if I want to feel the steering lighter or heavier.
Most consistent ffb between cars for the same settings too. Whereas before I had to adjust volume and tone almost individually, now I just adjust tone and not individually. Big difference.

Tried Formula A @ Imola:
Still crap. Will fiddle with the setup a bit to see if it improves. The front of the car still feels way too floaty and disconnected.

IndyCar @ Daytona road course:
Amazing. Seriously, there were times where I used to spin if I went too fast into the first corner and the corner before you get into the banking. Now I feel the tyres giving up before it happens so I correct it much sooner. Impressive.

Is it too much to hope that a similar fix could be applied to Project Cars 1? :unsure:
You will have to ask the creator. He does mention that he is thinking about some PCARS1 ffb settings to try and fix some issues in PCARS2 (he recently discovered there is a problem with the braking in PCARS2 that sometimes induces oscilation on the stearing wheel when cars are standing still) so it could be possible. Is there any interest though? Pcars2 is all in all a much better sim imho.

Ok, fair enough. I only ask because I already own pC1 but am reluctant to spend another £45 (plus DLC) on pC2 if the FFB feeling is basically the same in both games (i.e. very different to Assetto Corsa, my sim of choice).

Ok, fair enough. I only ask because I already own pC1 but am reluctant to spend another £45 (plus DLC) on pC2 if the FFB feeling is basically the same in both games (i.e. very different to Assetto Corsa, my sim of choice).
Game goes on Steam sales often enough. Steam summer sale is around the corner. Seen the game as low as 25 pounds with all dlc included. Game is a lot better out of the box than pcars1. The worst experiences in pcars2 are the best experiences in pcars1. This file makes the game feel closer to Assetto Corsa in feel imho.

Anyone compared this to Jack Spade files?

I have a dialed-in Jack Spade file + in-game settings and this new ffb file doesn't feel as good for me.

I really would like to feel those new forces but on my AccuForce it feels literally like gears are loose in my wheel and the overall steering strength is much too low even though my Volume is at 82 and there's not a lot of room to increase that. Tested on the Ginetta G55 GT4.

I tried it for maybe 15-20 minutes. Might try some more.

I have a dialed-in Jack Spade file + in-game settings and this new ffb file doesn't feel as good for me.

I really would like to feel those new forces but on my AccuForce it feels literally like gears are loose in my wheel and the overall steering strength is much too low even though my Volume is at 82 and there's not a lot of room to increase that. Tested on the Ginetta G55 GT4.

In my TS PC I also discoveredthat I need gain always t 100% and move tone about. But it feels lighter than Jack Spades. You do feel the tyre load really clearly though. I am generally a few tenths faster with this file but I don't like the overall FFB as much as JaCK Spade or the other guy who made a file based on Jack Spades. For now, I am waiting for further development on this file because when it works, it is amazing.

I've used Jack Spade's files for years and I've enjoyed them. It's what I learned PCars 2 with. But for me, switching to Christian's file, made me noticeably faster and more controllable. Jack Spades was a solid A, but for me, Christian's is an A+. It all comes down to personal preference, and we are all unique in that aspect. And to be honest, it is to be expected. We are, after all, only human.

Came back to this mod again after playing rFactor 2. Was able to replicate almost the same feelings on my TS PC racer. Contrary to other ffb files, this one is at its best way before clipping. Tried the 650S in Imola on both sims and with:
Volume 80
Tone 60
Fx 20

I was able to get a really subtle feel on the car and could do laps on the soft compound at similar pace.
Of course circuits are different. Imola on rFactor 2 is amazing (done by Reiza... automobilista 2 is going to be sweet) but I was able to get a similar feel on both titles. No higher praise than this is possible I believe.

Ffb in pcars 2 has a bit more clunkiness built into it when compared to rFactor 2 but wow... what a game changer!

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 109 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 83 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.6%
  • < 5 years