PC2 Amazing new FFB for PCars2

Awesome! This is custom FFB is alot better than the default one. It even improved my lap times alot! I am... 0.001 seconds faster! =)) Joke aside, it is way better feeling with this one on my Logitech G29.

Recommend this! PS: I see there is also a PC1 custom FFB here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51628-Jack-Spade-Custom-FFB-Files

2020.06.05-18.06.jpg
&highlight=force+feedback

I gave this a try last night and must say I am impressed!
Personally I'd like a tad more road detail (I get through my bass shakers/simhub) but the tire detail is great, several of the cars I tested that felt like I was driving in butter feel alot better and has brought some life back into this title.

People have been comparing it to the feel of rfactor 2.....not sure if I'd go that far but very comparable to AMS2 minus the road detail on my T300.

To be honest, with this new custom file I am currently enjoying PC2 due it's vast content and visuals more than AMS2, which IMO has a long ways to go and needs alot of polishing. Comparing tracks that are in both titles AMS2 is a visual step backwards.
Ex. Redbull Ring, Brands Hatch, Donnington, Oulton Park and Snertton.

If SMS has learnt anything over the yrs hopefully they can find a happy medium between this file and Reizas ffb and there could possibly be some hope for PC3..... possibly lol

I noticed in the files there was a jack spade file in the belt driven files....what's that about?

I tried Christians ffb file after using a modified version of Hugo Vai's custom FFB and found that it does not have enough roadfeel for me when using an AF wheel. So I mixed in some of the road texture and volume from Hugo's file and came up with what feels like a very nice mix to me. With in game FFB Volume around 46, Tone at 50 and FX at 25 I am getting a much better sense of the tyres biting into the road especially around corners.

You can easily tweak the values for volume, road texture etc. using notepad to get the feel you like.

Extraordinary! Stupendous! Superlative!
You are a genius!
Massive improvement in feel in my Accuforce.
Thank you sir!

I've been experimenting with different Pcars2 FFB files for the last few weeks. First here's my setup and car/track testing combos:

CSW v2.5
Fanatec settings:
SEN: AUT
FF: 95%
SHO: 100%
ABS: OFF
DRI: OFF
FOR: 100%
SPR: 80%
DPR: 80%
FEI: 90

Pcars2 ffb settings:
Vol: 40
Tone: 30
FX: 35

My track/car combos for testing FFB files are:
Formula Rookie on Knockhill International
Formula Rookie on Oulton Fosters
Caterham Seven on Brands Hatch GP

I tried Christiaans pure FFB files but found everything a bit too subtle. I tried Jack Spades and found them much better, much more road feel and kerb feel but lacking in wheel slip/grip feedback. I'm currently using these files (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...er-FFB-New-custom-FFB-file-for-Project-Cars-2) and apart from a slight lack of kerb-feel they are great. I'm putting in faster times and having more fun.

I've been experimenting with different Pcars2 FFB files for the last few weeks. First here's my setup and car/track testing combos:

CSW v2.5
Fanatec settings:
SEN: AUT
FF: 95%
SHO: 100%
ABS: OFF
DRI: OFF
FOR: 100%
SPR: 80%
DPR: 80%
FEI: 90

Pcars2 ffb settings:
Vol: 40
Tone: 30
FX: 35

My track/car combos for testing FFB files are:
Formula Rookie on Knockhill International
Formula Rookie on Oulton Fosters
Caterham Seven on Brands Hatch GP

I tried Christiaans pure FFB files but found everything a bit too subtle. I tried Jack Spades and found them much better, much more road feel and kerb feel but lacking in wheel slip/grip feedback. I'm currently using these files (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...er-FFB-New-custom-FFB-file-for-Project-Cars-2) and apart from a slight lack of kerb-feel they are great. I'm putting in faster times and having more fun.
You need to find a happy medium :)
Lots of road detail = less grip feel and vice versa.

Same issue I am having with ACC atm but worse on my wheel.
Grip and tire detail results in ultra light steering and some subtle effects.
Add road or weight and it eliminated pretty much all those effects I need to push the car.

Personally I really enjoy Christian's file as once the tires up to optimal temps the tire ffb really starts to come through.

If you want the best of both worlds...dial in your wheel for grip and tire detail and invest in a base shaker to feel the bumps where they should be....the seat of your pants.

Last edited:
If you want the best of both worlds...dial in your wheel for grip and tire detail and invest in a base shaker to feel the bumps where they should be....the seat of your pants.

I have just bought a single ButtKicker LFE a couple weeks ago. I see what you're saying but I find it adds to the immersion when the wheel and BK are vibrating in a similar way (similar frequency and strength) in response to the same bumps/kerbs.

Pcars2 is great for this as fine tuning of the FFB_custom_setting file and shaker effects in simhub can make this work really well. Dirt Rally 2.0 on the other hand has somewhat crude FFB settings and it's a bit more challenging to get right.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back