PC2 Amazing new FFB for PCars2

Some more thoughts on this file. I believe the biggest change that it still needs is the transfer of mass feel under braking. When mobong from rfactor 2 to pcars 2 there was always something that felt a bit off and this was it. The brake pedal feels a bit disconected. Now I am not talking about Assetto Cprsa canned wheel lock effect but that subtle shift in wheel weight when you brake that tells you how hard you are braking. One of the things I found very intuitive in rfactor 2 was always the braking. I already approached the creator of these files about this and if he manages to add this feeling... damn...

Okay will do.
I've just being spoiled by Automoblista, rF2 and ACC. Everything else feels lifeless on my fanatec, but I definitely will admit this mod is a worthy have for PC2 fans
I know what you mean. But to dial in this ffb file I literally ran rFactor 2 Imola 650S and PC2 Imola 650S and got it as close as possible. There are still things this file doesn't do and after chatting with the creator it is likely we will never get. One thing is the changing of the weight transfer back to front under braking. In rFactor 2 (as in a real car) you get the feeling of how much are you braking by the subtle increase of wheel resistance as the mass of the car is shifted forward. Braking in PCARS2 feels disconnected in that way as this feeling is absent. I asked about a couple of alternatives (basically adding a canned effect instead of a pure physics based effect) but so far no luck.
Another one is the ffb feels a bit grainier than rFactor 2 or AMS or even the RSS mods for Assetto Corsa. This is something intrinsic to the way ffb was coded and cannot be removed. It is perfectly useable but not as smooth and sometimes gives the feeling that you are getting the ffb through sand...Though I must say, this file makes it a lot better and it blows A.C. out of the water in terms of pure FFB. then again, the raw present already did a lot of things better than AC imho it just lacked some of the tyre loading effects that this file expertly introduces.

Lastly. The hard tyre problem. Well, I just learned that I was the problem. Basically I overdrove those tyres while cool so they would warm up only on the surface and the core would still be cold giving that sensation of lack of feeling because basically I was ruining the tyres. Full tyre heating is modelled so you really need a couple of laps on hard tyres to get them up to temperature and then you can push. Amazing show by the SETA tyre model. It might also be the reason some people complain that cars in testing feel different than cars during racing as ypu start a race with warm tyres.
Apparently, flat spots will eventually be felt in this file as another guy managed to introduce them. They are modelled you just don't feel them.

So all in all, as you say, a must have and I must confess that with the ammount of content PCARS2 offers, it makes for some really interesting racing. Cars that were already good are better and cars that were meh, some of them became good... formula A still sucks though...

Did some more tests. I could never make the GTE cars feel nice so I changed the files to give me 1.5x the forces instead of 1x. It works a lot better. Braking feels better and i think it is a must for belt driven wheels besides the CSW which is a lot more powerful.

I got the GTEs feeling really nice though they still lack a bit of steering rack vibration and brake feel (longitudinal weight displacement) to make it as good as rFactor2. But now ai have GT3s and GTEs feeling really nice!

Any tips on setting up the aston Martin GTE btw? Try as I might I am about a second slower around imola then with a Corvette (1:46,0 vs 1:44,8).

Alright! New tests tonight with two new classes. I added a bit of road noise (35) and in all cases seems to work well. Tone is 50 for all classes btw as that is recommended as you get a balance of forces.
Mind you these are general settings and some cars need less others need a bit more.
I ran a car(s) from each class back to back with rFactor 2 (except for touring cars) and tried to match the ffb.
I am running a modified ffb file for belt and dd wheels where I set the multiplyer to 1.5.
Running on a TS-PC Racer with alcantara wheel.

So, using my changes on the ffb file:
GT3 cars:
Volume 60

GTE:
Volume 80

Touring Cars:
Volume 100 (and they are awesome!!)

LMP 2:
Volume 70 (and they feel amazing. Might prefer them here than in rFactor 2 but I always loved the LMP 2 cars in Project CARS 2).

Hope this helps someone who is looking for some nice rides. I will still try the f renault and the indycar on both sims as well as the radical. Hopefully by the time I finish, there will be a large enough database that we can infer how cars should feel like.

EDIT: Volume not gain... ffs...

Last edited:
Group C cars feel better than ever! Amazing!!

Group C:
Volume 70 or 80 (depending on car)

IndyCar
Volume 70

Formula A
Volume 70

Formula A are still too finicky. I can feel what the car is doing but it is not very good. Lack of proper DRS support also means that AI uses DRS whenever and car does not have downshift protection... i need to get used to this car. It is better than ever but still really meh.

I tried Christians ffb file after using a modified version of Hugo Vai's custom FFB and found that it does not have enough roadfeel for me when using an AF wheel. So I mixed in some of the road texture and volume from Hugo's file and came up with what feels like a very nice mix to me. With in game FFB Volume around 46, Tone at 50 and FX at 25 I am getting a much better sense of the tyres biting into the road especially around corners.

You can easily tweak the values for volume, road texture etc. using notepad to get the feel you like.

Attachments

• ffb_custom_settings.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 710
Last edited:
I tried Christians ffb file after using a modified version of Hugo Vai's custom FFB and found that it does not have enough roadfeel for me when using an AF wheel. So I mixed in some of the road texture and volume from Hugo's file and came up with what feels like a very nice mix to me. With in game FFB Volume around 46, Tone at 50 and FX at 25 I am getting a much better sense of the tyres biting into the road especially around corners.

Thank you very much for this, blanes! Your settings are the best I've experienced yet in PCARS2, after having tried at least 8 different "vanilla" mods, including Christian's, PRO, Hugo's, etc. Your "mix" is spot on. Cheers.

Thank you Miguel for drawing this to our attention and thank you Christian! I applied this today and even with my limited experience can tell the improvements, at least in those vehicles and tracks I have tried to date. Very convincing effects. I especially noticed the difference in fast straight line driving on the long straights on Le Mans in the Formula Renault 3.5.

You can easily tweak the values for volume, road texture etc. using notepad to get the feel you like.

Which wheel?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 83 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 66 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • < 5 years