AC Amateurs: Tatuus FA01 @ Silverstone GP - Tuesday 1st August 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
if ABS can bring closer racing im all for it
It won't because everyone will use it and the fast guys will be faster and the slow guys will be a bit faster. The gap will remain the same.
club racing is not about winning its about taking part and having fun with friends..
Never spoke about winning or losing. I spoke about fairness and challenges. Take me and @Geof (this is an example, just wanted to choose a fast guy to do it). We have the same pace. I decide to race without ABS because it's the right thing to do for me. Geof doesn't. He will win the race, not because he is actually faster, but because he used a driving aid. Plus, the both of us will have a lonely race because no one else is there to fight us. That race will not be fun, won't be fair and will probably be frustrating for those who decide to not use ABS and see people in front of them with it.

I think it's all said now :) I agree with both of you, that's why it's no easy decision. In the end we all want to have a nice race and we will see what setting provides that better!
We will have the lap times without ABS on Saturday and the lap times with ABS.
Let's see how much faster ABS really is. And let's wait for the Feedback.

If we don't get much Feedback, I will decide after the first race if we disable it for the next race :)

@BhZ you want realistic and competitive racing and with this car, no ABS will give you that.
@Rupe Wilson we both know how it looks like when Rookies are sliding all over the place without the slightest control over their brakes. I promise you, that won't happen with the Tatuus.

So let us put the discussion on pause, get the entry list filled up and then see how it goes:cool::)

the cars too fast for me, but I'll give it a go,

if I was really skill full I would not need TC & ABS on a sim.
if I was really skill full I would not be in these series.
there is virtually no feedback as to when the brakes start to lock or the wheels spin
other than hitting a wall.

the cars too fast for me, but I'll give it a go,

if I was really skill full I would not need TC & ABS on a sim.
if I was really skill full I would not be in these series.
there is virtually no feedback as to when the brakes start to lock or the wheels spin
other than hitting a wall.
The car actually is quite similar to the TT. The speed is basically the same. It will obviously be a bit faster during turns, but the aero helps in that regard.
Speaking of locking, and this is very important for everyone:
In the FFB settings, if you increase the slip effects, your wheel will rumble every time you lock your wheels. I think i have that force at around 80% (or even more).

Thanks for that, did not realise this, will set it to 80% and give it a go.
This i hope will also help when driving Porsche 911 cup.
Yes, you will feel it in any car. I use 80, but you can choose your own value as long as you feel the vibration when locking.

I understand, but sometimes it seems like you focus more on new members than on regular ones.
Im sorry to say my goal is to get more guys racing. that's also what iv'e been asked to do, and so far i have.
without new guys our clubs will die, like they where doing.. i always have look at the bigger picture.
I personally don't use ABS on this car for the reasons stated above. @BhZ you know I value your opinion, but the event does say Amateur and my man you are no Amateur, however, I do want you participating in any event we do at RD. I think you know that. Your participation, knowledge and a video would be of great service for we mere Earthlings:laugh: Guys don't take advantage of jumping onboard with you guys enough in my opinion:thumbsup: I know when I do I sit there and:confused::confused::confused: I see:alien::alien::alien::alien: and it scares the:poop:out of me:p

I'm with Rupe on this. Growing our base is what Friendly, Rookie and Amateur events are about. It's why I dedicated two nights to it. I do the Friday night thing for those of us like you and I that want a little more "Heat" in the seat:D plus we are going to be doing the changing conditions on special off nights:thumbsup:

We be tryin' to cover everyone.

The car actually is quite similar to the TT. The speed is basically the same. It will obviously be a bit faster during turns, but the aero helps in that regard.
Speaking of locking, and this is very important for everyone:
In the FFB settings, if you increase the slip effects, your wheel will rumble every time you lock your wheels. I think i have that force at around 80% (or even more).
You may have already answered my question:confused: I'll try it. Thank you:thumbsup: Why am I always late to the party in threads:unsure::unsure:

Rasmus my only "complaint" with ABS on the Tatuus is that this can create bad racing habits to the driver when it comes to braking as this car only locks the wheel with 90-100% braking. My tip is not having it on and use maximum 75% of braking speed and if necessary a second of full braking as more than a second under full braking can cause brake locking.

Just my 2 cents as I'm quite experienced with this car.

I personally don't use ABS on this car for the reasons stated above. @BhZ you know I value your opinion, but the event does say Amateur and my man you are no Amateur, however, I do want you participating in any event we do at RD. I think you know that. Your participation, knowledge and a video would be of great service for we mere Earthlings:laugh: Guys don't take advantage of jumping onboard with you guys enough in my opinion:thumbsup: I know when I do I sit there and:confused::confused::confused: I see:alien::alien::alien::alien: and it scares the:poop:out of me:p

I'm with Rupe on this. Growing our base is what Friendly, Rookie and Amateur events are about. It's why I dedicated two nights to it. I do the Friday night thing for those of us like you and I that want a little more "Heat" in the seat:D plus we are going to be doing the changing conditions on special off nights:thumbsup:

We be tryin' to cover everyone.
Yes, it's amateur, but in the description it also states that this is meant for people who wants to learn. Just the discussion about ABS teached something to Ernie, which he would have never found out otherwise because he always race with ABS. Experience comes from experimenting. If you close yourself in a little cage where you are safe, you'll never know what there's outside of that.

Yes, it's amateur, but in the description it also states that this is meant for people who wants to learn. Just the discussion about ABS teached something to Ernie, which he would have never found out otherwise because he always race with ABS. Experience comes from experimenting. If you close yourself in a little cage where you are safe, you'll never know what there's outside of that.
Let's teach them the driving lines and car first then we can refine it down to no ABS and they will then learn just how important it is. Just won't overwhelm them with everything at once. Does that make sense?

Let's teach them the driving lines and car first then we can refine it down to no ABS and they will then learn just how important it is. Just won't overwhelm them with everything at once. Does that make sense?
Isn't that the reason why we have the mazda mx5 and the audi TT? Isn't this the next step? Plus what @Lorenzo Bonder said is also important.
EDIT: @Kek700 I'd like to know what do you think about the abarth now that you feel the tires locking. I think it shouldn't take much to get used to it, so i'm curious about your feedback.

Isn't that the reason why we have the mazda mx5 and the audi TT? Isn't this the next step? Plus what @Lorenzo Bonder said is also important.
Sure, absolutely, but these little cars are the introductory car to the world of downforce. At least that's how I've approached it with the US guys and the new ones like it. Those of us that have been doing it for a while run with no ABS because we are at level where we want to move up and at least be somewhat of a pain in the butt for you guys:D You gotta laugh at that because you know me and my pace or lack thereof:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Sure, absolutely, but these little cars are the introductory car to the world of downforce. At least that's how I've approached it with the US guys and the new ones like it. Those of us that have been doing it for a while run with no ABS because we are at level where we want to move up and at least be somewhat of a pain in the butt for you guys:D You gotta laugh at that because you know me and my pace or lack thereof:unsure::unsure::unsure:
This is the car i use when i teach new guys and it worked perfectly. My brother with a dfgt (just think about the pedals he had to use) in just a week was able to stay less than one second behind me without ABS. People see ABS like a HUGE aid, but the truth is that it require little to no time to get used to it and it will give you an incredible feeling of what the car is doing under braking, which for some reason i don't feel when using abs.

I hope the race will be such a tight battle as this discussion is :inlove::p:coffee:
First: I can't even lock up the tires or spin this car when I run the Server tests with keyboard :laugh:
Second: Even if you can't feel the tires locking up, you can see it with this car :)

So I will see how the time trial goes, if we get some feedback from the less experienced drivers and I promise you, we will test this car with ABS off in the future and I am sure it will stay disabled after that.
But then I want to have something to show, like "here, see? It's THAT AWESOME without ABS!" :cool:

Hopefully we didn't scare drivers to sign up with two pages just over ABS discussion :roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back