AC Amateurs: Tatuus FA01 @ Mugello - Tuesday 15th August 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hey there, sign me in as reserve :).
Sure thing! :)
You are 3rd reserve for now :)
You can read above how it works,
I'm gonna tag if in case of dropouts, otherwise just join us in TS about 19:20 GMT and if a slot is free at 19:32 GMT when Qualifying starts:
You ask me, or I'm gonna tell you to join the server :thumbsup::)

'amateurs' heh?
Well, my initial laps were in the 50s too and then I got the feel of it and pushed my times down bit by bit, eventually changing the setup and gaining a lot more time from that. The spectrum for sim racers is very wide - the aliens would leave the rest of us far behind - but the nice thing about racing here is that you normally find someone else of similar speed to race against, and that's where the real fun is for most people. No matter if you have a fun battle for P1 or P16, it's still fun.
we normally don't post our lap times. It's not allowed at all, normally.
OK, so now I'm confused again. I thought that this rule only applied to rookie/friendly races. That's the problem with unwritten rules - people don't understand them :p Maybe now that you're staff you can influence the others to make this a written rule so we're all on the same page about it? ;)

OK, so now I'm confused again. I thought that this rule only applied to rookie/friendly races. That's the problem with unwritten rules - people don't understand them :p
Maybe, maybe not, I don't know :roflmao::coffee:
I think we can stick with "Only post lap times if you feel it's needed to make the discussion better with it" :):p

@dmatika I see you are on the server at the moment. Please leave for the practice session. You can of course stay on TeamSpeak to rejoin for Qualy if a spot opens up! :)
Also: sorry guys something short came up. I'm gonna restart the server now and will be back in 10 minutes! :unsure::inlove:

I get involve in a crash during the first lap of the race.

Someone go for a late braking in a chicane, I saw it coming and try to go wide to avoid it but it was not enough, and in my spin I come back on the track a bit and catch someone with, sorry to that guy :thumbsdown:.

sorry if I ruined somebody's race. My first race in AC. Did not know you must stay clear around a meter from another car or you crash. I cant overtake And I cant see cars behind me. Sorry again guys.

I get involve in a crash during the first lap of the race.

Someone go for a late braking in a chicane, I saw it coming and try to go wide to avoid it but it was not enough, and in my spin I come back on the track a bit and catch someone with, sorry to that guy :thumbsdown:.

sorry if I ruined somebody's race. My first race in AC. Did not know you must stay clear around a meter from another car or you crash. I cant overtake And I cant see cars behind me. Sorry again guys.
Thank you guys for taking action and say sorry. :thumbsup:
Seems like we have some problems with the replay of the first race.
Hope someone uploads his in the next days!

If you got the replays: please watch the incidents you were involved at, ctrl + L activates driver names so take action and PM the other drivers involved, sort it out like gentlemen! :):inlove:

Suggest you install helicorsa and use crew chief to alert you to where other cars are to avoid you crashing into them.

Search this forum for more information

First race was good, finished 6th and was consistent. Even survived 10 minutes of pressure from Andy.

Second race was a completely different story, too many people tripping over each other and I had to avoid but could not stop on the grass and then went into the path of others. Car handling wasn't the same after that!

Saw a lot of people swerving across the track in the second race, Vettel would be on the radio shouting abuse at Charlie. Play nice guys.

Vettel would be on the radio shouting abuse at Charlie. Play nice guys.
LOL
I took usual Vettel's race engineer advise: "stay calm, keep your head down"

and I finished way higher that my pace suggested. P3 in race 1 and P10 in race 2

I admit I had some moments when I needed to change my underwear when I avoided spinning cars by inches, so luck was on my side today

Last edited:
And the first place for the most beautiful airborn incident goes to:
@dmatika !:roflmao::confused: (caused by me, misjudging where the racing line is. I wanted to move away from it, ended up perfectly at the apex. Shame on me, already got my self a heads up! :ninja::barefoot:)
acs_airborne.png

Last edited:
I really want to stay on TS after the race but i usually squeeze my "obligation" to fit in the race,and i cant stay.
So,i join 10 minutes into qualify,with a car i drove once for 15-20 laps on brands hatch.
Also open wheelers doesnt really fit me,still it was fun.

Both races had a ton of contacts and i think with nornal damage we would be looking at a lot DNFs.
I did caused one at the first race,sorry, for me he braked too early,and i couldnt avoid it.
Also crashing in VR is f horrifying,i literally ripped my g27 of my cockpit.
Having tried reverse grid a couple of times,i knew what to expect,i have some minor touches,none affected,and then at the big right i touched with the car behind and we both spun,in something i think was a racing incident.
Edit: I totally forgot the guy who after spining out of track,he just reenter it without checking,directly in the racing line.
And from his comments here,he seems to be experienced enough to know to avoid such things.

Looking up for todays race,the mazda suits me and i love driving it, so i hope for a good race.
See ya there.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 235 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 164 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%