AC Amateurs: Tatuus FA01 @ Mugello - Tuesday 15th August 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sign me up please
Franco Ardizzone
Hey man,
you are not premium yet which means you can't take part in our Club events. Please have a look to the link stated in the opening post of each event :)
The moment you are premium you will have access to the passwords and I will sign you up!
Always a pleasure to have new guys racing with us :thumbsup:

"Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well."

Hi all!
Its my first time here and i have some question for tomorrow race.
Its necessary get in the teamspeak group?
When i could know the server pass?
Im trying to get in the server to practice but i cant find it, its opened?
Sorry for my english! Thx!
No problem with your English! Nice to have you with us :)

- Yes, Teamspeak is necessary/mandatory so you can hear what's going on and also to speak to other drivers in case of an incident. If you have no microphone yet, please just join and listen. :)

- The passwords are linked in the first post of each event. Here it is again:
and yep, server is online a few days before the race, just put the server name from the opening post into the server search. Or just type in "racedepartment" and you will find all of our servers :)

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY)
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

sign me up pls

sign me in please.

Adding you now! You are 1.-3. reserves. I will tag you again (with the @%forumName% function) in this thread in case of a dropout! Usually we get 2-5 dropouts each time (sadly) so I think you gonna be able to race with us tonight! :)
If there are no dropouts written down here until 19:20 GMT please just join us in TeamSpeak. At 19:30 GMT the Qualifying starts and if there are still slots open then, you gonna get the slot spontaneously :)

Last edited:
'amateurs' heh?

I signed up to those label, but I have tried car/track this morning and I see I have problems breaking 1:50 barrier so classes behind 1:47ish laptimes talked about here. Is there 'real amateurs' class available? LOL

Anyway, great reading posts here. Lots of valuable and practical comments on setup.

I look forward to the race despite expecting to be a backmarker.
I think most of us here still have plenty to learn (well I know I do in any case ;)), but that's the cool thing about us sharing our findings and helping each other to try and learn more about what affects what with the behaviour of the cars.

Did you try the setup included in the OP? If you're finding that a bit tricky at the moment, maybe try adding a click or two of wing which so long as it remains reasonably balanced, should give a bit more stability around the corners. A touch slower on the straight, but it might feel more comfortable overall whilst you're getting used to pushing to the limits.

Let us know how you get on anyway :)

'amateurs' heh?

I signed up to those label, but I have tried car/track this morning and I see I have problems breaking 1:50 barrier so classes behind 1:47ish laptimes talked about here. Is there 'real amateurs' class available? LOL

Anyway, great reading posts here. Lots of valuable and practical comments on setup.

I searched quite long for a fitting name and as the opening post states, it's meant to be between the Friendly Events and the normal races with open setup. It's more like a "step up" than a beginner series, hence the Formula car.
This event is meant for us to learn together how to setup a car and have an intense race because this car is so agile, but not extremely fast :)
You will always have very fast guys and quite slow guys in these races. But if you know the track even a BIT, you will always have someone to fight with I think :)

But to raise your motivation for the race: I practiced about 2 hours now with this car on this track. This week I just had the motivation and the time for it. Yesterday as I got a bit less concentrated I couldn't get below 1.49:xxx anymore.

You will be doing just fine. Be there for begin of practice at 19:00 GMT and have a look at the "fast guys" while standing in pits with ctrl + numpad 3 (next driver, numpad 1 = previous driver, numpad 2 = your car).
I'm sure you will have fun, even if it's with the guys at the back. Drive safe and you won't get lost :):thumbsup:

Lol - 6 pages of discussion later and we're still tinkering :O_o::roflmao:

Haha yeah true :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
btw I had a look at the configuration if it would be possible to change the default setup, without locking it. Sadly not... Either it's open and with the setting coming from the encrypted car file or something like that, OR it's locked with a custom setting :(

I hope that after a few races we'll get experience with general settings for ARB and Aero, that it only needs 20 minutes of driving and providing a base setup for everyone in the OP, so we can open up another setting :geek:
But I think Babysteps are needed :roflmao::whistling:

'amateurs' heh?

I can assure you that 1:47 is an amateur laptime (we all know we are far from aliens). Anyway, i think this club event is more about learning and personal result. Every week you will be faster because of practice and knowledge. The race basically is a way to see how much you improved. Other events don't give you this possibility as they are "just about the race and fun". Don't get me wrong, you can approach this event the same way you approach the others.

There is a high chance i am not gonna make it thought sign me up for that 4th reserve and i ll cancel in time if i am unable to race.
Adding you now! :thumbsup:
And a cookie for you to state "I'll cancel in time if I'm unable to race"! :) It has become a little problem with drivers simply not showing up :thumbsdown:

Is there any addons that are required to participate? Getting back to simracing and it would be nice to join and see how much I need to learn :)

Is there any addons that are required to participate? Getting back to simracing and it would be nice to join and see how much I need to learn :)
What exactly do you mean with "addons"? :)
If you mean DLCs: nope, the Tatuus AND Mugello are both part of the base game!
If you mean AC-Apps: as stated in the OP we recommend ACRL Fuel and Helicorsa as they show you how much fuel you need and a little Radar to not crash even with 5 cars around you :)
If mean... nah I don't know what else could mean with it :p

Signing you up as 5th reserve! This event just got flooded :inlove::)

No problem with your English! Nice to have you with us, gonna sign you up as 1. reserve! :)

- Yes, Teamspeak is necessary/mandatory so you can hear what's going on and also to speak to other drivers in case of an incident. If you have no microphone yet, please just join and listen. :)

- The passwords are linked in the first post of each event. Here it is again:
and yep, server is online a few days before the race, just put the server name from the opening post into the server search. Or just type in "racedepartment" and you will find all of our servers :)

Hi again!
I use teamspeak with my sim team for several years ago, it isnt problem ☺.
I found the server in assetto and i did 1.49.7 best lap.

The track temp is too hot!! I will try to race with hard compound..
Thx for all!
See you on the track

Very nice to hear! :)
Just a little heads up: we normally don't post our lap times. It's not allowed at all, normally.
But since this event is about learning together, creating the setups while discussing about it, lap times are needed at some point to get the discussion going on.
Not blaming you or anyone, let's just try to keep the number of posted laptimes as low as possible. Only if you think it's really needed :):thumbsup:

What exactly do you mean with "addons"? :)
If you mean DLCs: nope, the Tatuus AND Mugello are both part of the base game!
If you mean AC-Apps: as stated in the OP we recommend ACRL Fuel and Helicorsa as they show you how much fuel you need and a little Radar to not crash even with 5 cars around you :)
If mean... nah I don't know what else could mean with it :p

Signing you up as 5th reserve! This event just got flooded :inlove::)

Something went wrong with posting :) what time does reserve list can go online? If there will be no places left is it possible to just do practice session with you guys?

Something went wrong with posting :) what time does reserve list can go online? If there will be no places left is it possible to just do practice session with you guys?
Sadly exactly this is not possible. The track has 24 pit boxes and AC doesn't support spectator slots or something similar. That means that if we have 24 signups all connect to the server, it's full.
So if you join in practice, you are "blocking" the slot of a driver who signed up earlier :(
Due to the fact that some drivers don't show up without notifying, we often have a few slots open when Qualifying starts :)
So if you want to try your luck (if I don't tag you here earlier), you can join us in TeamSpeak around the end of practice.
That means around 19:20 GMT. Qualifying starts at 19:30 GMT and when a slot is still open, I'll tell you to join the Game Server.
We don't tag drivers anymore when Qualifying starts because we are racing too and are busy with TeamSpeak and the Game then :)

I recomend "crewchief" as Spotter for the race.
Its works with assetto, rfactor2, raceroom..and give a lot of information about the car (fuel,temp tires, temp brakes), track or incidents during the race.
Yep! I have it too!
We just didn't add it to the OPs yet because it's a bit more complicated to install etc.
But always appreciated to hear recommendations from our drivers as we can't be up to date all the time :):thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back