WIP Amaroo Park

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder Projects' started by Ryan Callan, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    This is not a BTB track (or even a new build) but a remake of the current Amaroo 1996 v2.0 already available, but this was the best place to put it.

A full texture overhaul (thanks to woochoo for permission for some of his tree textures and crowds), along with whatever I can summon up the energy and/or talent to do plus basic stuff like filling up holes adding object etc etc etc.

The update will be based on the 90-93 period (GroupA) so if anyone has any good pictures to share, especially of that period, it would be very helpful. I already have a few but the more the merrier :)

2. Adam Eggbeer

Adam Eggbeer

Ratings:
    +115
    No photos but I have found a youtube video of the track being used in the 1991 ATCC:

Hope it helps. :)

3. Raido

Raido

Ratings:
    +14
    Hit the Autosport.com Nostalgia Forum (if not done so already) and hit the search button there for pics & info on the track.

Nice idea, btw, I like this track but it could do with an update.

4. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    Ja been to AS and 10Tenths :). Thanks Adam also.

5. racer69

racer69

Ratings:
    +0
    Here is some more footage, this one from 1987

Provides some different camera views and so on

Great project, i live not far from where the track was, and went there many times

6. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    Little progress report, currently working on bump & cube maps, trees, 3D grass and crowds and some other stuff.

7. Raido

Raido

Ratings:
    +14
    Sand on track as well...? ;)

8. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    Maybe, the original design of the track (GPL) makes it very, very limited or very, very tedious work in many areas. Or both.

9. ed_jza80

ed_jza80

Ratings:
    +2
    3d grass?

pls tell me more!

10. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

Ratings:
    +14
    As in the same grass that surrounds bathurst. Its basically a 'tree wall' of grass :)

11. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    Just coplanar models with grass texture, nothing special :)

12. Dave Oliver

Dave Oliver

Ratings:
    +17
    Hows this going ryan?

13. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    This was left a long time ago; hard drive failure (tbh I hadnt done that much anyway). It requires a HUGE amount of work; I am not sure I will get time to restart it; I may get time this winter. Too busy doing leagues, league tracks and helping others optimise their own.