AMA: Assetto Corsa Competizione first play impressions

• Thread starter Deleted member 177725
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 177725

• Deleted member 177725

Hey Everyone,

So last week, as you'll have seen Assetto Corsa Competizione was revealed for the 1st time, and I was fortunate enough to spend a full E3 with the aim, trying out a lot of the features of the Pre Alpha build.

For those of you who perhaps didn't get a chance to see it, or simply didn't have your questions answered, I figured now would be a good chance for us all to chat about ACC , so let's get a good chat going, and any questions about ACC which I know the answer for, I'll give you!

Here's a couple of photos from my time.
2018-06-21-14-19-21.jpg

FB_IMG_1529427888382.jpg

2018-06-21-14-17-35.jpg

The U.I. looks very clean and handsome, I love it and hope the release keeps that design.

I know most of the questions are probably physics related, I have three questions.

Did it flow and feel natural like the original AC?

Did you like the FFB, and was it confidence inspiring when pushing the car?

Hey @Josh Martin,

Gotta say I'm surprised this thread hasn't gotten a bit more of a response. Anyway, I DO have two questions for you, that hopefully you can answer :)

1) How is Balance of Performance replicated in ACC?
BoP is obviously a massive part of GT racing, how are Kunos simulating this aspect? It's such a dynamic thing that changes from race to race, I imagine it's something that would be incredibly complex to put in the game without just giving cars a blanket-coverage approach.
2) Will the weather be dynamic?
Is going from dry to wet and back to wet (and maybe more) possible? Are weather forecasts a thing? Will the in-game spotter/crew chief inform you when they think the weather is going to change (a-la Codemasters F1 games)?​

• Deleted member 177725

Sorry I missed your Q's Jason!

The U.I. looks very clean and handsome, I love it and hope the release keeps that design.

I know most of the questions are probably physics related, I have three questions.

Did it flow and feel natural like the original AC?

Did you like the FFB, and was it confidence inspiring when pushing the car?

It does indeed flow and feel natural like AC, however, I actually think it goes even further. The improved UI makes a massive difference and it's certainly feeling like a great step forward.

FFB is also massively improved, both for the smaller details like track surface, but also for bigger details like wet track surfaces as well as flat spots.

Hey @Josh Martin,

Gotta say I'm surprised this thread hasn't gotten a bit more of a response. Anyway, I DO have two questions for you, that hopefully you can answer :)

BoP is obviously a massive part of GT racing, how are Kunos simulating this aspect? It's such a dynamic thing that changes from race to race, I imagine it's something that would be incredibly complex to put in the game without just giving cars a blanket-coverage approach.
2) Will the weather be dynamic?
Is going from dry to wet and back to wet (and maybe more) possible? Are weather forecasts a thing? Will the in-game spotter/crew chief inform you when they think the weather is going to change (a-la Codemasters F1 games)?​

I, unfortunately, didn't get much chance to cover the BOP, but from the experience I had there was no clear car that was much better than the rest. Knowing Kunos I'm sure we can expect a system similar to current AC with a ballast system implemented (visible or non) as a measure to balance cars. I'll look into this though and see what info I can get back!

So this is the really exciting part, tracks can evolve from not only dry to wet and back, but also from day to night. So you can imagine now a race starting dry at spa, starting to rain as night approaches and then drying up again overnight. I think we're going to see a real change in driving standards as a result, and i'm super excited for this. at the show we were told by the game that it would be a wet/dry race and also transitionable (if you know what I mean) so there wasn't much need for an engineer. There is however an Engineer in game, so i'm sure he'll be providing info much like that we're used to in F1.

BoP is obviously a massive part of GT racing, how are Kunos simulating this aspect? It's such a dynamic thing that changes from race to race, I imagine it's something that would be incredibly complex to put in the game without just giving cars a blanket-coverage approach.​
https://www.automoto.it/news/assetto-corsa-competizione-la-recensione-completa.html
(machine translation)
The BoP
Thanks to the collaboration with the Blancpain Bop technical supervisor (which is not part of SRO but of the FIA), Assetto Corsa Competizione will have the official BoP.

The performance balance in the Blancpain GT championship is divided into four groups: for example group A, fast circuits and little aerodynamics and group D very tortuous circuits and high drag.

For each track there will be the BoP (official) dedicated to the car you will use, making the competition much more balanced than the first title.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back