Am I the only one who don't understand why people like AC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm a bit disturbed after having played a few hours to AC (on PC with a G27).

I love racing games of all kinds and it's very rare I don't like a good game. I've had a lot of fun on simcades like GRID and GT6, I've started realsims a few weeks ago with GSCE and AMS, and I have so much fun with them. I've also tested and liked R3E, GTR2, rF2 and RACE07.
I've spent my weekend configuring and testing AC, I've tested at least 20 cars (core content + a few mods, race cars and road cars) during more than 5 hours. I've tried hard to like it, but I think I like almost nothing in it.

Almost all cars I've tested seems to weigh 3 tons, everything seems so sluggish. I don't really feel the acceleration, they don't brake well (I've to brake earlier on AC with ABS than in AMS without ABS on the same car, and braking without ABS on cars which have ABS is a pain in the ass, even after having increased the brakes gamma), they don't turn well (not so much grip), and there is not much feedbacks from the road.

And perhaps the main problem, perhaps what makes me feels it's so sluggish, is the engine sounds. Most I've heard feel so artificial, completely liveless, and often closer to a mower than a car. I've not heard anything that bad in 10 years, feels like a (not so good) 90's game.
And as if it was not enough, they've added a huge muffled effect (even on the outside sound...), which mask the power of the engine, even for the rare cars with a not to bad engine sound.

I'm completely amazed when I see videos of "the best engine sounds in AC" with comments like "It sounds better than IRL"... Did they ever have heard any real powerfull car or any engine sound from any other good game?

I remember my first lap on the Nordschleife with a Z4 on GT6, it was so fun, very grippy, fast passed. I've done 2 laps on the Nordschleife with a GT3 on AC and it was not that fun at all (even if I've liked the details of the laser scanned road).
Last 2 days, after having passed 2 hours testing cars on AC, I did a few laps of some of the same cars on the same track on AMS, it was a few laps of fun after 2 boring hours...

I could think that the success comes from gamers which discover realsims with AC, but I see many people playing with other realsims who like also AC, which seems almost impossible to me.

Do I miss something? I just can't understand how what I feel in this game, which seems obvious for me, seems so different of what most people feel.
So I feel disturbed and a bit alone, so I post to see if I'm really alone :)

Regards.

I don't see anyone acting all hurt over your comments. I'm sure they do struggle trying to understand why a grown man spends portions of his free time hanging out on message boards of games he dislikes, just to remind everybody how crappy he thinks the game is. I know it baffles me. Everything you state is an opinion. Many people share your opinion and dislike Assetto Corsa. Heck, some people do downright hate it. Other people, however, enjoy it very much. These are all opinions. You can try to impress us with your racing & track day experience, or maybe try to convince us that your opinion is somehow more valid than theirs, but I've never seen it work. Not once.

There is a poster on another forum who actively races a Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo. His opinion is quite different than yours. It's still just his opinion. Perhaps you can try to convince him how he's wrong, you know, based on that incredible motorsports experience you possess. His opinion is his. Your opinion is yours. My opinion is mine.

The difference is, you spend your time on the forums telling people how crap their game of choice is, while I and most other people choose to spend our time on the forums posting about the game(s) we enjoy. Again, you're not changing anyone's opinion. So, it brings me back to my original point. It is incredibly strange to watch grown adults act in this manner.

Did you read what the thread was called before you went off on your <snip> post?
here i'll help as your obviously hard of thinking:

"Am I the only one who don't understand why people like AC?"

It's asking a simple question and i'm replying with an answer, it may not be the answer you want but its my answer.
The rest is me trying to defend myself against a tsunami of abuse due to my opinion.
To be clear I own AC on PS4 and play the game but not as much as i hoped i would as there are so many jarring aspects to it which render it a horrible experience.
Clearly Kunos agree as they are sending out blogs to plead with people that they haven't just done a runner with what little money this game has made and they are in fact working on making it a half decent working product for those people who have more than half a brain cell and who allow themselves to pick and chose from many driving titles available rather than religiously just play only one and swear allegiance to it...

Last edited by a moderator:
The rest is me trying to defend myself against a tsunami of abuse due to my opinion.
Grow up, learn how to deal with differing opinions and how to lead a discussion. You've been the one flinging insults at others "trying to defend" yourself instead of contributing something worthwhile. All your comments clearly show that you have no interest in actually discussing the subject, all you seem to want to do is talk down on the product in question and worse, the people that happen to enjoy playing it, not accepting that different people have different, valid opinions. Really no surprise considering the content of the opening post that just invites this kind of behaviour.

But hey, if you want to continue wasting your time with this, go ahead. You'll be running in circles. Your life, not mine.

Grow up, learn how to deal with differing opinions and how to lead a discussion. You've been the one flinging insults at others "trying to defend" yourself instead of contributing something worthwhile. All your comments clearly show that you have no interest in actually discussing the subject, all you seem to want to do is talk down on the product in question and worse, the people that happen to enjoy playing it, not accepting that different people have different, valid opinions. Really no surprise considering the content of the opening post that just invites this kind of behaviour.

But hey, if you want to continue wasting your time with this, go ahead. You'll be running in circles. Your life, not mine.

Yeah your life is responding to me, well done you.

I agree that this game is basically the emperors new clothes, I don't think it's as good as people convince themselves it is, i mean christ i play this game on PS4 and it sold the most on PS4 so it amazes me that so many think its the ultimate, even if you do like the FFB and physics what about the rest of it? Its just a mess, a shambles, no coherent structure to DLC or updates just some rambling musings from some hipster playing his guitar when he can be bothered...
People are so desperate to feel vindicated in their purchase and so desperate to fit in they discount any tiny slight on the game, its very sad, even when kunos are admitting it was a shambles with their blogs and when the PC elitists are saying how bad it is on console they STILL won't let us actually say it ourselves!!
Utter madness.
Its the same people on here/gtplanet/AC forums, about 12 of you that convince ypurself ypu are happy with the game...that isn't going to keep this game alive, so YOUR the guys wasting your time defending it, just go play it if its so good, then who cares if someone else dosen't play it if you like it so much?? Why spend your time on the dole trying to convince people that they are wrong for not enjoying this game? Utter hypocrisy!
Your mad!

Yeah your life is responding to me, well done you.

I agree that this game is basically the emperors new clothes, I don't think it's as good as people convince themselves it is, i mean christ i play this game on PS4 and it sold the most on PS4 so it amazes me that so many think its the ultimate, even if you do like the FFB and physics what about the rest of it? Its just a mess, a shambles, no coherent structure to DLC or updates just some rambling musings from some hipster playing his guitar when he can be bothered...
People are so desperate to feel vindicated in their purchase and so desperate to fit in they discount any tiny slight on the game, its very sad, even when kunos are admitting it was a shambles with their blogs and when the PC elitists are saying how bad it is on console they STILL won't let us actually say it ourselves!!
Utter madness.
Its the same people on here/gtplanet/AC forums, about 12 of you that convince ypurself ypu are happy with the game...that isn't going to keep this game alive, so YOUR the guys wasting your time defending it, just go play it if its so good, then who cares if someone else dosen't play it if you like it so much?? Why spend your time on the dole trying to convince people that they are wrong for not enjoying this game? Utter hypocrisy!
Your mad!

A normal player says what in his opinion is wrong or not so good with the game. He says, and possibly the devs will see or at least other users will discuss those points.

But we're crossing the line when you're entering direct confronts with other users and devs, by trying to put what you say on top of what others say. This only says how weak your arguments and criticism of the game are, as you need to stomp on others.

No one is trying to silence you, but if you want others to accept what you say then you need to accept as well what others say or say in opposition. This just shows that you aren't used to think others have a mind, as your mentality ends at your forehead and there's no space for anyone else in this world, so you need to widen your horizons.

The worst you can do to others is trying to ruin their happiness simply because you aren't in that zone. We like the game, you don't. And don't take that as we don't see the game has flaws and limitations, because we do see, but we're not obsessing with that every day and we don't try to pass that only what we think matters. We understand others have negative criticism about the game, but we can only do so much, rest is with the devs.

And what's with you picking on a dev that plays guitar? You don't have hobbies besides your job? Clearly you do, you're playing games.

Ok folks, go grab an ice cone, chill out for a second and have a huggy bear group hug.
huggy-bears.jpg

The thread ran long it's expiration date. Thread closed and now go hug it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back