Am i good enough to join assetto corsa?

hallo fellow simracers. I have thinket alot about joning this site and it's leauges. So now i have looket at the event list and i could see the next event in assetto corsa was AC: Alfa QV @ Monza.

So i decided to start the game and take 10 laps in that car with abs and tc on factory. and everything else off and manual, I have a g27 wheel.
my time in all 10 rounds are about 2:24.. 2:27.

So now i will hear the forums opinion. Am i good enough??? or should i save my 20€ and practice some more??

Sorry for my bad english :)

Being consistent is more useful than being fast, if you can drive your car in the place you intend it every lap, then you're more able to be around other drivers (even if they have faster qualifying laps) and see what they're doing differently. Also, doing 10 laps of 2:24 will beat someone who can only get the first corner right 9 times out of 10.

The only way to get better at racing, is to race. I started this sim stuff in December (roughly 200hrs of ac under my belt now) never done any gaming or computer racing before and pretty much joined rd from the get go. I'm still usually the slowest but I' ve seen massive improvement in my racecraft and ability to negotiate my way around different circuits. Highly recommended!

@kcheeb that's sound nice. i am looking forward to that :)
@Stereo of course i know but what if i getting in a race and all they other can drive 10 laps of 2:22 stabile and i only can do it in 2:24. Then there is no point in racing.

but i am thinking i will give it a try. but the only reason i am so fasinatet by this community is that i seems really mature and i maybe will get rid of all those kids who just want to ruin a race. are there any of that in this leauges/ clubs?

again sorry for my english :D

i maybe will get rid of all those kids who just want to ruin a race. are there any of that in this leauges/ clubs?

no none of that here! Everybody tries to be as safe as possible! you do get the odd racing incident(like real life) but NO wreckers here!

You will find many drivers here who are not aliens and im sure you will find some great races! you can have just as much fun battling for tenth as for the lead! :)

@kcheeb that's sound nice. i am looking forward to that :)
@Stereo of course i know but what if i getting in a race and all they other can drive 10 laps of 2:22 stabile and i only can do it in 2:24. Then there is no point in racing.

but i am thinking i will give it a try. but the only reason i am so fasinatet by this community is that i seems really mature and i maybe will get rid of all those kids who just want to ruin a race. are there any of that in this leauges/ clubs?

again sorry for my english :D

Trust me, there is a point:). Like others said, you learn so much better in race event that in hotlap session. And it's not all about the racing. It's a social event with amazing people aswell.:thumbsup:

There usually a good mix in racedepartment events. If you're just getting into online racing don't worry about being fast, be consistent (easier said than done), learn how to deal with other drivers whether they're faster driver lapping you, slower drivers you need to pass or equal drivers you need to fight with.

The fact is to be up with the top guys you need a lot of practice and a good grounding in setups. Somewhere in the middle is a more atenable goal if you don't know setups and haven't had the chance to put in enough practice.

Even if you are one of the slowest guys on the track racing online will make you better. It doesn't seem to matter how much hot lapping I do off line once I get onto a racedepartment server the competition of the faster guys seems to knock a few tenths if not a second or two off my time. The reference of the good drivers encourages me to try that bit harder.

hallo fellow simracers. I have thinket alot about joning this site and it's leauges. So now i have looket at the event list and i could see the next event in assetto corsa was AC: Alfa QV @ Monza.

So i decided to start the game and take 10 laps in that car with abs and tc on factory. and everything else off and manual, I have a g27 wheel.

So now i will hear the forums opinion. Am i good enough??? or should i save my 20€ and practice some more??

If you want to compare laptimes you can look up certain combinations at RSR Live Timing or download the app and install it into the game yourself and you can get live leaderboard updates as you complete each lap.

For driving with us you need premium, but that also gives you the right to attend a session in the driving school for AC. That also helps a lot shaving of a few tenths to even a few seconds off your laptimes ;)
And believe me, I am always 2-3 seconds slower, but I am not alone in being slower than aliens and we have the greatest battles in the back of the pack as well

Depends on more what you think of yourself as a CONSISTENT driver than a fast one. If speed were key, why are there almost 65 cars each year at SPA24? Some of those drivers are abysmally slow...but they are consistent and aware of their surroundings. That's why they compete. Same thing with sim racing. Speed comes, or never does. But consistency is honed. If you can drive 50+ laps and never break a sweat, you're good. That to me is league ready. You won't unnecessarily cause incidents, and if you do, you'll know how to keep your car out of them. Mastery of line and track space is key, and only comes after literally hundreds of laps.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 327 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 460 39.3%