Alternative wipers for the RSS Toyama 2-Zero V8

Misc Alternative wipers for the RSS Toyama 2-Zero V8 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content

el_locho

El Locho
el_locho submitted a new resource:

Alternative wiper for RSS Toyama 2-Zero V8 - two different CSP wiper configs for the RSS Toyama 2-Zero V8

The original (historically correct) wiper of the RSS Toyama 2-Zero V8 is useless in heavy rain conditions, because it doesn't wipe enough of the windscreen. The archive includes two different CSP wiper configuration files:
a) ext_config.wipers.ini - CSP wiper animation for the original wiper with a slightly wider range of motion
b) ext_config.wiper_straight.ini - hides the original wipers and adds a straight wiper that does a better job of clearing the rain from the windhield...

Read more about this resource...

Hello, I did not understand the manipulation to do in the file ext_config. I am not used to managing this one regularly, could you put us a more detailed maneuver please?

Hello, I did not understand the manipulation to do in the file ext_config. I am not used to managing this one regularly, could you put us a more detailed maneuver please?

The files inside the archive should be placed in this folder:
[path-to-steam]/common/assettocorsa/content/cars/rss_lmgt_toyama_2zero_v8/extension

You then open the extension/ext_config.ini file that comes with the RSS mod in a text editor (notepad++, visual studio code, sublime text, Windows text editor, etc.). Scroll down to the bottom of the file and, assuming you want to use the straight wiper, insert the following line:
INI:
[INCLUDE: ext_config.wiper_straight.ini]

The ext_config.ini file should then look like this:
1669886657321.png

Note: this requires a recent Custom Shaders Patch installed (preferably 0.1.80preview1) and the new wiper will only be visible in the new Content Manager showroom and in game, not in the default CM showroom.

Hope this helps, let me know if it worked.

Last edited:
Oh merci, c’était si simple en fait. J’avais l’air trop compliqué je pense.merci beaucoup pour cette merveilleuse alternative

Je profite de t avoir directement pour te demander si tu aurais le fichier pour ac_friends_acura_dpi? Je ne l ai pas trouvé dans ton repertoire.

Je profite de t avoir directement pour te demander si tu aurais le fichier pour ac_friends_acura_dpi? Je ne l ai pas trouvé dans ton repertoire.
I uploaded the file to my wiper repo a few minutes ago. The wiper itself is very low-poly, so it doesn't bend nicely, but it gets the job done.

C’est génial je pense, merci. Je vous ferai savoir si je trouve d’autres voitures qui pourraient avoir cette option. Merci encore

the wiper config for the Norma is now available in my mediafire share. didn't have much time to test, but it should be an improvement nonetheless.

Last edited:
Bonjour El Locho, vous avez trouvé une solution pour RSS LMGT Nissan R390 V8? View attachment 629446
I never noticed that the wiper only wiped the bottom half of the screen, maybe that was introduced with the latest CSP preview...? To make the whole wiper wipe the rain from the windscreen, you can add the following lines to the ext_config.ini:
INI:
[WIPERS_TRACE_...]
SURFACE = GEO_Windcsreen_Special_F
WIPERS = GEO_WIPER_HANDLE_LODA
For me this only works in cockpit view, i.e. the wiper doesn't wipe the rain from the outside view at all - but who cares about what's going on on the outside of the car, right?

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years