Alternative Layouts

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Last days i have been playing GT Legends (2005) extensively. Besides all the great features this oldie still has over newer games, there is one thing that really bothers me.

GT Legends has so many great alternative layouts: Mullenbach, Mondello, Dijon, Anderstorp, Magny Course etc etc... All these tracks are already build and we don't have them in RACE (2009) why is that?

It would be fantastic to have more default tracks to ensure the lifespan of the game online instead of having to play the same tracks over and over again...

This leaves me with two questions:
  1. Why didnt SimBin include all the alternative layouts of Nurburgring, Magny Course, Anderstorp etc?
  2. SimBin communicated in their community letter some months back that they dont have any objections that contect from their previous games gets ported to their newer ones (RACE 07). Why hasnt a mod group imported those fantastic tracks and released a great track pack of GTL tracks for RACE 07? (mech2 did some for GTR2 and they are great)
And the GTL Tracklist:
  • Anderstorp GP,
  • Anderstorp North,
  • Anderstorp South,
  • Dijon-Prenois GP,
  • Dijon-Prenois Short,
  • Donington GP,
  • Donington National,
  • Hockenheim GP,
  • Hockenheim National,
  • Hockenheim Short,
  • Imola GP,
  • Magny-Cours Club,
  • Magny-Cours GP,
  • Magny-Cours National,
  • Mondello Park Intermediate,
  • Mondello Park International,
  • Mondello Park National,
  • Mondello Park Short,
  • Monza GP,
  • Monza Junior,
  • Nürburgring GP,
  • Nürburgring Müllenbach,
  • Nürburgring Sprint,
  • Spa-Francorchamps GP,
  • Zolder

I couldn't agree more.
I assume the reason we don't have those tracks in GTRE is because the current Simbin is not the same Simbin that released GTL.
However, that shouldn't become a barrier to the mod community converting them across, surely Simbin wouldn't block that.
Or would they???

that shouldn't become a barrier to the mod community converting them across, surely Simbin wouldn't block that.
Or would they???

If i've understand it right there is no problem in getting content from older titles into RACE 07... The other way around is not allowed ofcourse

• Andrew Evans

i first looked at exactly this when i started out with the track fun about 6 months ago... the stock gtl files are encrypted and the usual method doesn't work for decrypting....

just had another search and seems it's now a possibility - key has been found - so i'll have a look at this somewhen soon... surprised it's not been done already tbh...

... surprised it's not been done already tbh...

Indeed! Can you imagine how much fun the Mini Cooper Challenge will be on Magny Course Club, not to mention Nurburgring Mullenbach, lol!

Eeevans for the win?

Magny National is already in Race 07?

Mondello & Dijon are avaliable as mods or am I missing something here..?

I was referring to the tracks we dont have yet :) Mullenbach, Magny Course Club, etc etc

And are the mondello and dijon mods providing all the alternative layouts too?

• Andrew Evans

yep, some of them have already been done - i've no idea why only some and not all of them have moved across....

• Andrew Evans

just five minutes ago, in a galaxy far far away:

mullen.png

so by my reckoning, the forgotten, abandonded tracks are: anders north & south, nurb mullenbach & sprint and magny club... do we have all the hockenheims?

i'll prolly just do them all over the next week or two...

• daRock

Right now, NoGrip has over 110 Evo tracks available for download. A number are GTL.

I took your original list and compared it to what's presently in my LOCATIONS folder. Culling your list here's what's available today that was in your list of unavailable:

Tracklist:
  • Anderstorp GP,
  • Dijon-Prenois GP,
  • Donington GP,
  • Donington National,
  • Hockenheim GP,
  • Hockenheim National,
  • Hockenheim Short,
  • Imola GP,
  • Magny-Cours GP,
  • Magny-Cours National,
  • Monza GP,
  • Monza Junior, and reverse
  • Nürburgring GP,
  • Spa-Francorchamps GP,
  • Zolder
Some of those, like Nürburgring GP, are Simbin releases for Evo. That came directly from Simbin from Evo along with Nordschleife and Nürburgring (countryside circuit). And many of the ones in the list above have been improved.

But yes, it'd be nice to have everything that came with GTL. If GTR2's available download tracks at NoGrip are any indication, they'll be along, but it'll take a little more time yet.

• Andrew Evans

the last 2 days i've been working on bringing across the final tracks which have been ignored up to this point... nurburgring sprint, nurburgring mullenbach, anderstorp north, anderstorp south and magny-cours club....

got them all in evo and running - just finishing tidying up and what not... but should be able to put them out in the next week or so.... :thumb:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 282 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 410 39.9%