Alternate Physics 1.0 CTF for RFPE all cars (Increased CG height and more)

DiRT Rally Alternate Physics 1.0 CTF for RFPE all cars (Increased CG height and more) 1.0b

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi all, hi Team,
What a fantastic mod! :):)
Can we change the cars setting with the mod? I would love to change gear ratios but it do not work at all.
it would be a bit more realistic as some gears me are too long in my opinion.
Many thanks and keep pushing :thumbsup:

I've been having lots of fun with this mod and have binge played this more than any game I ever had before. The car behavior seems much more natural and closer to life than the original physics. One problem that I have is on Tarmac stages using AWD cars if I hit an ice patch or downshift mid-turn the car will instantly spin out with more momentum than it should have.

Is this still being updated and if so when will we see the next version?

Small sidenote: when using the RFPE mod the only files that make saving the game not possible are the FFB and raceload.jpk. If you leave out RFPE raceload.jpk(determines damage and wear) and change the FFB file names to match the originals then you can use all of the RFPE features except for the additional damage and wear while still having the ability to save career mode.

Thanks for all of your effort and keep up the good work.

Sorry for the lack of responses just haven't had much time lately,
I am working on the latest update whenever I get a chance.
Longitudinal slip is updated for all loose surfaces, got access to more gravel data and it was too low before. Lateral slip remains the same.
I have made a new set of files to account for studded vs non-studded tires for Monaco.
Studded will have a higher grip on ice but lower on tarmac vs the non-studded winter tire.
Sideforce air resistance levels are going back to original, it made most cars more difficult to get sideways even at slow speeds and this was just an experimental change, the drag coefficients, downforce and front areas are
staying the same.

Do you have to copy the files from inside the 2 folders at once into the maingame folder ?
So you have not to separate to choose which package you want to use from the 2 ?

So copy all the files inside both folders at once and then fire up the launcher...

Sorry for the lack of responses just haven't had much time lately,
I am working on the latest update whenever I get a chance.
Longitudinal slip is updated for all loose surfaces, got access to more gravel data and it was too low before. Lateral slip remains the same.
I have made a new set of files to account for studded vs non-studded tires for Monaco.
Studded will have a higher grip on ice but lower on tarmac vs the non-studded winter tire.
Sideforce air resistance levels are going back to original, it made most cars more difficult to get sideways even at slow speeds and this was just an experimental change, the drag coefficients, downforce and front areas are
staying the same.
Hi exbagboy, your tester here any news for the update? Thanks.

exbagboy updated Alternate Physics 0.9 CTF for RFPE all cars (Increased central downforce, correct drag coefficients) with a new update entry:

Alternate Physics 1.0b CTF for RFPE all cars (Increased CG height and more)

Summary of update 1.0b
Installation instructions included in zip.

Main differences in this update

-center of gravity height increased (more pronounced weight transfer, longer more accurate braking distance).

-increased longitudinal slip, less wheel spin longitudinally under throttle, lateral is the same as before, (based on real world telemetry for gravel and tarmac)
-cars are more neutral interaction, less understeer, more oversteer on braking on gravel.
-increased peak grip for...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Cannot reply to you in my initial review, so continuing here.
I've tested so far the Sierra, 037 and Subaru 22b (ok, not rwd this one). All have similar behaviour when they snap, but obviously 22b is easier to dig out of that. Sierra has it very pronounced.

Hey!! I installed Dirt Rally just to check out your new update!! Well, I never felt like Dirt Rallly was so realistic before, the initial moments... even more when I switched the mod off... Oh wow, Dirt Rally with no mods is really arcade, with cars being so responsive and suspension so "plastic"... But still, I believe there are some parameters on the editor that need to bump up the momentum... I don't know, it feels too easy to save sometimes (gravel) and it might be that.
I am sorry for some later posts, I really came across as an idiot, and I might again, but I know a bit more now I believe.

Much better than vanilla and really great work... I can really appreciate how much you've put into it by now and lots of research. This is a great, and professional mod really, just the engine has it's quirks I'm not sure can fixed

Actually I've a bit changed my mind, after analyzing some vids of current-gen WRC cars from Finland, that snappy behaviour is common for them it seems. After that, the modern WRC cars in RBR NGP seem a little bit too lazy in cornering.
My concern is longer base rwd cars could still be less snappy, but my most common experience of that is Volvo 940 which I've driven on gravel, snow and ice, but it has a long wheelbase, so it's very stable when snapping.

Hi! Thanks for the mod. I enjoy weight changes, but not the damage:) Is there any way to disable damage changes?

PS Sorry wrong forum! I meant to post this for RFPE Mod.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 300 13.3%