Alternate Physics 1.0 CTF for RFPE all cars (Increased CG height and more)

DiRT Rally Alternate Physics 1.0 CTF for RFPE all cars (Increased CG height and more) 1.0b

Login or Register an account to download this content
, I've only seen that little rise (piling effect) at the end of deceleration curves for gravel and snow. Like below.
main-qimg-43f525618a0fd9eebe6f0427d3e20ae8
Hmm, yea, the gravel curve in your diagram looks a lot like the one I posted, even if mine has a positive slope over the whole slip-ratio range and in yours it's negative between ~25% and 85%.

I still think it's unscientific to just write "piling effect" at the end the, like in your diagram... that's something you do in a powerpoint presented in a seminar not something you use in a paper or a book meant for public consumption. If you the degree of digged-in-ness/piling is different at 10% slip than it is at 95% then it's a another variable and asks for 3D diagram or multiple labled lines for exemplar but constant conditions each. What if the car is ansanely light or you are getting 90% slip at a somewhat higher speed like 10mph where the tire doesn't spend enough time on the same surface point to dig in.

don't get me wrong, but is this actually defying the law of physics:

I recommend using the brakes mid air to adjust the pitch forward and gas to make the car lean backward while midair.

I thought everything you had to do to a car midair (pitch etc etc) you had to action on the crest. ie: let off gas or tap brake etc etc

I recommend using the brakes mid air to adjust the pitch forward and gas to make the car lean backward while midair.

I thought everything you had to do to a car midair (pitch etc etc) you had to action on the crest. ie: let off gas or tap brake etc etc
It works just like that in reality(-;

i prefer this mod over the original RPFE mod, ut due to the crap FFB in DR i simply cant play it. I much prefer WRC ffb and physics. They are a lot more believable.! Good attempt vo guys.

The wheel rim and tire have weight and inertia. Imagine a RWD car with silly-big and heavy tires, that are a quarter of the weight of the car. Now if you'd accelerate with massive amounts of torque, the cars's body would rotate as much on the rear axle(plus wheels) as the wheels and axle do on the car's body.
That way, if you get the wheels to stop spinning right at the moment of lift-off and spin them up fast mid-air, you get a lot of rearward pitch momentum on the car. However, if you brake all wheels and axles at the same time in the air, the effect is largely counteracted, same if you have a AWD-diff that actually spins all wheels up, if all are similarly unloaded.

I need to try this mod. I tried RPFE, and mostly like it, but there is still something wrong. And I hate how WRC cars lose all power at Pikes Peak, when you are at the upper sections (using ACAT mod). You can barely reach 60kph. Btw, Is there way to correct all Group B monsters horsepower to 500+? Michele Mouton said that her Audi Quattro rally car had only 70HP less than her Pikes Peak car, which had 600. I think they all got pretty much the same.

Hey ExBagBoy!

Been messing around with inertia still... Have you ever saw the values that rfpe guys added there? They are like in the 3000 or something!! Could it be that the values on game engine aren't kg but pounds and you should convert them? Cars have a lot of weight if I convert them... Car feels less stable and suspension much more needed.. Let me know what you think of that.

I think I am giving up. I am back to rBR.. Looking at rally videos well, on a pov camera, you can see how muh countersteer happens even with 4wd cars.. Dirt Rally just doesn't achieve that and how much rolling of the wheels affect that.. It's not sensitive enough or something. It's not enough nuanced I guess. Lost too much time but learned a lot :)
Keep on it and try to make it RBR like, as I believe that's where it is. That or something like PC2 rallycross.. suspension should stablize cars but also can make things difficult, and Dirt has it is isn't doing those things too like this two mentioned games.

exbagboy updated Alternate Physics 0.8 CTF for RFPE all cars (Reworked Pitch/Yaw inertia, cars more planted on jumps) with a new update entry:

Alternate Physics 0.9 CTF RFPE all cars (increased downforce, correct drag coefficients)

0.9 beta

-Increased central downforce (except for Pikes Peak, these have strong aero effects already and just modified to correct drag coefficients)
cars with aero kits are more noticeable, more grip at higher speeds, cars don't fly as high on jumps.
-changed drag coefficient and frontal area to realistic values
-fixed vagueness in steering for RWD cars
-tweaked tarmac to higher grip
-added separate CTF files for gravel/loose surfaces and tarmac, this affects suspension height and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey! It's nice to see you are still going with it and these changes make me want to try your new modifications! One of the things that I noticed was about settings on game not making any difference and why I ended up unnistalling it too, although it was really because after really going back and forth from RBR and PC2 Rallycross I could sense right back on dirt rally that aerodynamic behavior and weight and suspension just isn't right.. Like not close enough to real life physics, at least judging too from paying more attention to those games and how cars behave form onboard/Pov cams! I might try Dirt again with this though.. just waiting for new internet service so I can have the game downloaded fast :). Those things sound really good though..

I read on the internet on the difference of Dirt and things like RBR on their respective engines.. It seems Dirt just doesn't have enough interaction between values to probably be more of a simulation. Oh well, I will have to try those. I will also be trying Dirt 4 with RPFE - because of better suspension physics of the game - and Sebastian Loeb Rally when I have my internet connection, as I said. SLR looked like the behavior from inside the car looked like the real life countersteer that happens because of the pendulum effect that Dirt Rally doesn't have.

Cheers and sorry I am sort of bugging you all the time!

What do you mean by choose gravel or tarmac before extracting for correct suspension height? I am very confused

The suspension height can't be changed in game when using the RFPE plugin, tarmac files have the correct default lower suspension height for tarmac and the gravel files have the correct default height for loose surfaces. Other settings can be changed in-game (except for brake bias)

hmm two separate physic install.s/! what if i want both guys.. i don't want just one improved.?
Its a little bit more complex but is the best choice for having the best setup for tarmac and the best setup for gravel and snow.. You have to keep the entire mod folder saved on desktop, if you want to play on gravel stage you have to drop the "gravel setup" in the dirt rally folder.. Or the opposite..its not to much difficult .

It's only suspension height that changes with the different file.
The other settings can be changed in game. Also you don't have to restart the game. If you're not in a stage already you can alt tab and copy and paste the correct files.

With the use of a G27, what would be your recommended settings to get the FFB to feel right? Playing the game with this installed and the RFPE Force Feed Back folder makes the wheel feel light or "feed-backless" (I tried it without the RFPE FFB Folder and I actually got similarly the same result of me being unable to feel anything). Is there a particular recommended setup for wheel use with this?

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back