Alternate Physics 1.0 CTF for RFPE all cars (Increased CG height and more)

DiRT Rally Alternate Physics 1.0 CTF for RFPE all cars (Increased CG height and more) 1.0b

Login or Register an account to download this content
exbagboy updated (ALL CARS ADDED) Alternate Physics CTF files for RFPE 0.4 mod (power and proper wheel spin at WOT) with a new update entry:

New slip angles, slip ratios for all surfaces based on WRC research data

Reworked the difference between rolling/ optimal friction to final/sliding friction to match real world data (WRC articles).
Tarmac grip falls down by 20%/26% so sliding is only recommended in sharp turns and hairpins, otherwise you are losing too much grip (just like in real life)
Gravel and snow falls down by 10% so there is still grip to be had in the stalled region (optimal slip angle 15-16 ° based on real WRC data)
New slip angles for Tarmac 6.2 ° ,(more response from steering...

Read the rest of this update entry...

In laymanns terms, what does this update entail?
Tarmac steering response increased,
Initial grip slightly increased, sliding friction decreased (based on real world decrease 30-20 %)

Gravel and snow steering response decreased (car needs to be more sideways for optimal grip)
Initial grip and sliding grip closer to each other (based on real world decrease ~10%)

Hi mate, can you use custom setups with the mod, like the ones from Steam, or will it throw everything out of kilter?

These are the custom set ups that just alter things like ride height, gear ratios, braking bias, stuff like that. Things that you can alter yourself before a race, rather than the deep down techy stuff that you've worked on.

Would it negate the effects of your mod?

Hi mate, can you use custom setups with the mod, like the ones from Steam, or will it throw everything out of kilter?

These are the custom set ups that just alter things like ride height, gear ratios, braking bias, stuff like that. Things that you can alter yourself before a race, rather than the deep down techy stuff that you've worked on.

Would it negate the effects of your mod?
Those setups should not throw off the mod.
The problem is the RFPE plugin disables online access so I haven't been able to load the steam custom setups when I use the mod. I suppose if you delete the mod and refresh the game and update your custom setups then re-install the mod, then it should work.

Those setups should not throw off the mod.
The problem is the RFPE plugin disables online access so I haven't been able to load the steam custom setups when I use the mod. I suppose if you delete the mod and refresh the game and update your custom setups then re-install the mod, then it should work.
I've already downloaded a lot of custom set-ups so no problem using them. Good to know that they won't interfere with the mod.

You shouldn't have to delete the mod or RFPE to go online though. Surely just not enabling it would suffice?

exbagboy updated Alternate Physics for RFPE Mod 0.4 (new slip angles and slip ratios) (ALL CARS ADDED) with a new update entry:

Fixed heavy/medium gravel, grip increased.

Previous version I erroneously thought values for wet gravel were independent which is why heavy/medium gravel felt like mud even in dry conditions. Gravel grip increased by 8%. Characteristics are the same as before. I settled on these values by comparing my times to real world WRC footage of Fiesta in the last section of Bidno Moorland and I am consistent at 1:12 secs with room for improvement, real world time for same section is around 1:10.

Ideally, the game should have 6 different...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Yeah, I meant to ask for permission, good driving.
I'll keep trying to figure out the physics files but it's limited to what I can do with the different surfaces. But I still think we can get the basics right.
In Sebastien Loeb Evo I can mod the tyre curves for 20 different surfaces, and all different tyres. Really wish they did a better job porting this game, it has decent physics.

As far as Dirt Rally goes, currently doing research on slip ratios, car inertias, (it's hard to gauge weight on a 2D screen)
Aerodynamics is what I want to work on next as well but don't know where the values are.

Hi, thanks for this fantastic mod.. any news on future updates? ( I notice the first video with audi quattro is my video(-; )

Yeah, I meant to ask for permission, good driving.
I'll keep trying to figure out the physics files but it's limited to what I can do with the different surfaces. But I still think we can get the basics right.
In Sebastien Loeb Evo I can mod the tyre curves for 20 different surfaces, and all different tyres. Really wish they did a better job porting this game, it has decent physics.

As far as Dirt Rally goes, currently doing research on slip ratios, car inertias, (it's hard to gauge weight on a 2D screen)
Aerodynamics is what I want to work on next as well but don't know where the values are.

No problem for the video,in fact I'm glad you ll chose it as a demonstration for your fantastic mod..Im happy to know that you are still trying to improve the physics of the game, if you need someone as a tester or else let me know (-;

I got the Oculus Rift to try Dirt Rally on VR, then found this mod, wow its been amazing so far. Its a true roller coaster of a ride and to now properly sit in the car and the modded handling model, rally heaven. Thank you and keep up the good work.

This is a good run that i made today, i have watched and compared the time with the Ogier real life onboard and is very close(-; for the 80% of the time the synchronicity is almost perfect and in others few place there are some 3-4 seconds of differences..if you want made a good video comparison ill re-try to make them perfect syncro at 100%

Nice job, yeah you are about 3-4 seconds faster and the game is wider in some sections so it's easier to carry more speed. I was 14 seconds faster in the vanilla version.

Nice job, yeah you are about 3-4 seconds faster and the game is wider in some sections so it's easier to carry more speed. I was 14 seconds faster in the vanilla version.

Thanks, yes the stage in game is not as perfect recreation of real life..In vanilla version there are too much grip..so i dont even want to remember the bad of vanilla game(-:, i have noticed a little aspect of this mod that i dont know if is it possible to modify with custom setup or no..because i always use stock setup..i think the cars (WRC for now i have test it mostly) have to much understeer..a little bit to much..and with your modding skills, are you capable of reduce the "stall" that happens when the car is in the air or when you brake to hard?? This is a problem that occur also in the vanilla version..thanks.

Loving Monte Carlo right now with this mod, can really feel the difference in grip levels.

One thing though that's annoying me, Germany. No matter what I do, I can't get any grip in any corner. I'm braking far earlier than normal to try and compensate but the wheels lock and off I go into the crowds. Ive tried loads of setup changes with bias and brake strength but nothing, just sliding all over the place.

Also, so much understeer as mentioned above. At the moment, I can't play Germany at all because IMO it's broken :(

This is with WRC cars only. I dread to try it with "harder" cars. Thanks for the hard work!

Loving Monte Carlo right now with this mod, can really feel the difference in grip levels.

One thing though that's annoying me, Germany. No matter what I do, I can't get any grip in any corner. I'm braking far earlier than normal to try and compensate but the wheels lock and off I go into the crowds. Ive tried loads of setup changes with bias and brake strength but nothing, just sliding all over the place.

Also, so much understeer as mentioned above. At the moment, I can't play Germany at all because IMO it's broken :(

This is with WRC cars only. I dread to try it with "harder" cars. Thanks for the hard work!

I can answer you for the understeer because the creator of the mods have answer me in private..if you have to much understeer you should make a custom setup, polo wrc and mini wrc are two of the most understeer cars with "stock setup"..and i dont know for the wheel lock and your impossibility to run german stage..if you watch my video the level of grip is good and like real life, only in a few mid-speed corner there is a little to much understeer, but because i have use stock setup..maybe try to make a video, for try to understand your problem(-; PS. What wheel degree of rotation you use ?

Last edited:
I can answer you for the understeer because the creator of the mods have answer me in private..if you have to much understeer you should make a custom setup, polo wrc and mini wrc are two of the most understeer cars with "stock setup"..and i dont know for the wheel lock and your impossibility to run german stage..if you watch my video the level of grip is good and like real life, only in a few mid-speed corner there is a little to much understeer, but because i have use stock setup..maybe try to make a video, for try to understand your problem(-; PS. What wheel degree of rotation you use ?

Ah okay, I will try making some setups for myself to see if it helps :)

I tested this using an xbox controller and every time i hit the brake, all the wheels just locked up and i flew off EVERY corner, even fairly light corners like 3's and 4's. Having played Dirt4 recently to test triple monitors, the tarmac/asphalt feels grippy as I feel it is in reality, rarely do you lock up unless you've missed the corner and need to emergency stop.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 402 40.0%