Alt+enter fixes FPS drops with AC . Is there a permanent fix to keep it that way?

Hi everyone,
I don't know if I'm in the minority here but randomly I will get heavy stutters with AC and if I just press left-alt and enter it's all good again and I'm maxing my FPS cap at all times.
It can be pretty annoying if you forgot to check it out before a race and need to juggle with the keyboard in the middle of the longest straight (if it's not too far :D ).

Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this thing once and for all?
Cheers,
Noctam

Hi everyone,
I don't know if I'm in the minority here but randomly I will get heavy stutters with AC and if I just press left-alt and enter it's all good again and I'm maxing my FPS cap at all times.
It can be pretty annoying if you forgot to check it out before a race and need to juggle with the keyboard in the middle of the longest straight (if it's not too far :D ).

Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this thing once and for all?
Cheers,
Noctam
Try this:

alt+enter is the hotkey for switching between 'real' fullscreen and 'windowed' fullscreen, if the game is running at the same resolution as the screen it can be either, set by the launcher. Usually 'real' stutters less but any time you tab out, it switches to 'windowed' and you have to use the hotkey to get it back.

• Deleted member 197115

I had similar problem in VR recently. So what fixed it for me is to run full screen mirror in the resolution/refresh rate that is properly supported by monitor.
Go to NVidia control panel, chose resolution/refresh rate that you are trying to run game at and see if it works, if not, try the next in the list. Of course, full screen must be checked in game settings. And do not enable DXGI, it's not meant for full screen.

Try this:
Thanks @Johnr777 ! I don't have anything related to AC in the registry folder mentionned in the video so I guess my problem lies somewhere else.

alt+enter is the hotkey for switching between 'real' fullscreen and 'windowed' fullscreen, if the game is running at the same resolution as the screen it can be either, set by the launcher. Usually 'real' stutters less but any time you tab out, it switches to 'windowed' and you have to use the hotkey to get it back.
Thanks @Stereo , I checked and AC is set up as fullscreen in CM. The problem I have is that I can have this behavior even without alt tabing in and out of the game, that's what bothers me most, it seems random.

I had similar problem in VR recently. So what fixed it for me is to run full screen mirror in the resolution/refresh rate that is properly supported by monitor.
Go to NVidia control panel, chose resolution/refresh rate that you are trying to run game at and see if it works, if not, try the next in the list. Of course, full screen must be checked in game settings. And do not enable DXGI, it's not meant for full screen.
Thanks @Andrew_WOT , I set it up full mirror between AC and the Nvidia settings already (do you use custom or just the drop down menu) and full screen is checked... I don't know how to disable DXGI though, can you point me in the right direction please?

Coincidentally CM just ran a FTH registry update for me this morning.
How do you see those updates? I don't seem to see any notification of CM doing updates.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

I don't know how to disable DXGI though, can you point me in the right direction please?
Depends on the version of CM you are using. Older one had it under General Patch Settings/Graphics optimization, new one has separate extension called DXGI.

• Deleted member 197115

Still not sure if you are on VR or not, you didn't mention. This is what worked for me with mixed results, until after I've found resolution that worked properly as mirror on G9 (1920x1200/120hz).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 410 40.0%