Alpine pass (Stelvio)

Tracks Alpine pass (Stelvio) 0.61

Login or Register an account to download this content
|Viper| submitted a new resource:

Alpine pass (Stelvio) - alps mountain road track

Alpine pass mod is a narrow mountain road, located in northern Italy.
v0.5 contains physical road mesh, ai line, one cameras set and 20 pit boxes

gsZmRbI.jpg

required toggle on CSP's GrassFX for procedural grass
JK8Get7.jpg

right now AI working only in race mode and supports 20 cars

Read more about this resource...

Is it a real road?

It sure is, it's probably the most famous European mountain pass there is (but not the best to drive)

The popular side you see in all the photos consists of switch back after switch back, so if you have a car with a wide turning circle you need to be looking behind and over your shoulder up to see if something is coming the other way, hurts your neck after a few drives up and down, that together with all the cyclists doesn't make a fun road to drive.

The other side of it heading to Molina is a far better drivers road and have this little video of me tearing down it a few years ago, was that you Tony coming the other way at the start?

Looks good so far @|Viper| I've often dreamed of making a few of the other passes in the Alps, but not knowing the first thing about 3D modelling I don't think that'll ever be a reality from me :(

Grimsel and Furka pass are next to each other and would make a great next project Viper ;)

OK, now I know what this is about, thank you. Just one little question, as I drive in VR, and I have not been there in person, but from looking at the video footage, it seems to me your Stelvio pass is a little bit narrow, obviously the road is narrow IRL, but your version seems a little bit too narrow.

Last edited:

OK, now I know what this is about, thank you. Just one little question, as I drive in VR, and I have not been there in person, but from looking at the video footage, it seems to me your Stelvio pass is a little be narrow, obviously the road is narrow IRL, but your version seems a little bit too narrow.

It is pretty narrow, quite often you have to stop at places where it's wide enough to allow oncoming cars to pass, haven't driven this virtual version yet but will check it out and compare

And in that top gear video the roads they're on before stelvio are far better than Stelvio, looks like they're on Gotthard pass, maybe a bit of Furka and Grimsel too - my personal favourite is San Bernardino pass

Why not go the whole hog, and make the 3 Passes Tour? (Susten / Grimsel / Furka) :laugh:

Maybe with a fantasy tunnel between end of Furka to Susten? But will that make the map size too big and all jittery?

I was forgetting Susten, I've driven it 3 times but only once did I actually have a clear view and was able to drive it properly, it's a close one between Grimsel and Susten for me, you can drive Grimsel faster (if you want to have your car confiscated by the Swiss police) but it's a bit sanitised - Susten feels a bit more real (and dangerous)

Last edited:
This is the final little bit of a climb up Grimsel pass, beautiful place

and this is a little one way (time dependant) road to one of the many lakes there

my all time favourite mountain pass, San Bernardino, just the top little bit here but the do have a video of practically the whole run up and over on youtube (featuring the tyre squeal some guy in a VW GTi Lupo pushing it to keep up)

Thanks for the feedback, 3d grass most likely won't be look as good as procedural, expecially on these steep slopes.

About lack of the details of course there are some plans how it can be improved, in particular after uv maps will be fixed in several places, environment should get more detailed look with painted texture maps, then bushes and rocks will be placed according those texture maps.

Let's see how it goes :)

6.5 km
Hillclimb, it supposed to be road without direction, but there is start/finish lines at first and last hairpins for ai/cameras.

That "brick" wall totally breaks the immersion for me. The orangish stone emphasize the repetitiveness of the pattern; and the alignement to the road' slope feels unnatural to me, maybe horizontal could look better?
I noticed an empty folder called "texture", is it a way I do some tests? I mean, can I put a texture file with the right name/format to override yours?

Excellent work ( since I have done the step of the stelvio several times in motion and in any season) but honestly lacks a well-defined line of departure and arrival if it is to be a track by chrono climb.
I would urge the author to ensure that this can be used.
Sorry for the google translation but in foreign language lesson I looked at the legs of my companions instead of following the same;):)

Walls is something that took most of the time to make, and still not 100% happy how they looks now

wall and enviroment textures are the best i found among free textures at the moment, but
in case you have some textures to override, material uses st_wall.dds and st_wall_nm.dds textures
to override copy them into texture folder or create skin folder via CM for example.

and the alignement to the road' slope

not sure i get it right, if it possible to highlight this area ?

Excellent work ( since I have done the step of the stelvio several times in motion and in any season) but honestly lacks a well-defined line of departure and arrival if it is to be a track by chrono climb.
I would urge the author to ensure that this can be used.
Sorry for the google translation but in foreign language lesson I looked at the legs of my companions instead of following the same;):)

Nice to hear.
Do you mean something like time gates on rally stages? or just thicker lines?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 374 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 516 38.9%