Tracks Alp Hillclimb (point to point) [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
jtom submitted a new resource:

Alp Hillclimb (point to point) - 6.1km circuit in the mountains

Converted from "Antonio's" rFactor version, who did it originally for motorhome-online.net (site seems to be dead now though)

7694mw9v85mudggfg.jpg

37shr6pxa7vdk2rfg.jpg

ccm2eih4e7u8mh2fg.jpg

This has the normal and reverse layout with AI.
The AI are a bit strange at the finish line but they should be decent enough for some offline racing.

Read more about this resource...

I tried to find where the original was from but couldn't because the site it was converted for is not running. A little bit of extra research turned up nothing specific either, I knew 'Antonio' converted it to rFactor, but I don't know where he got it from originally.

If that's true and it is 'illegal' I will take it down.

I whish there are more "point to point" tracks out there.
I love those kind of tracks with AC physics, it feels amazing to drive.
Something like California Highway from ProjectCars.

Is there any reason why the most of tracks are converted from RFactor??
NFS Shift 2 has a lot of nice tracks, why not to convert some of these?
I obviously can't speak for every modder out there but I don't like Shift 2's circuits too much. Ignoring the legality of such conversions, I find Shift 2's tracks very 'unrealistic'. A lot of them are too wide (Bathurst especially) and have a lot of trackside objects that seem to be put in purely to fill space. I also do not like the aesthetic and visual style that is used for their textures, they are far too 'gritty' if that makes sense. Technically speaking, the only real restriction I can think of is that Shift 2 uses 3D trees that are not supported in AC, so all vegetation needs manual replacement. Textures also are not as easily exported as they are with rFactor.

On the other hand rFactor has a huge variety of available modded tracks (varying in quality of course) that are user-created so legality and permission is less of an issue. The file formats are very easy to convert and work with, so it is a much quicker job for a conversion.

Technically speaking, the only real restriction I can think of is that Shift 2 uses 3D trees that are not supported in AC, so all vegetation needs manual replacement.

I've seen screenshots from guys adding in 3d trees to tracks on the AC forum. Sorry I don't remember deffinately which track. I think it might be the NKP Aosta conversion or RSR Crema. I think if you model it, you can pretty much have 3d anything.

I've seen screenshots from guys adding in 3d trees to tracks on the AC forum. Sorry I don't remember deffinately which track. I think it might be the NKP Aosta conversion or RSR Crema. I think if you model it, you can pretty much have 3d anything.
I was reading back in earlier times before the official SDK was out that there wasn't support for them but I'm glad to be proven wrong.

Regardless, I don't think Shift 2 trees are suitable due to the way they are built. They seem to be built specifically with the Shift game engine in mind because the 'leaves' seem to be arranged in a weird way that doesn't work well in AC. In Shift 2 they might be set so they always face the camera or something similar. The textures of trees/leaves also look weird in AC, a straight export from Shift 2 would need a bit of work.

@tomj ... are you planing to do more (point to point) tracks?
Definitely :)
I think there is a good list of 'normal' circuits coming along by other modders so I would like to convert some more point to point tracks for enjoyable driving rather than pure racing.

I just need to find some high quality tracks and get appropriate permissions for release. There are a lot of hillclimb type tracks available for rFactor, but visually a lot of them are not anywhere near AC standard. Preferably I would like to convert some that are already a decent quality, however if I find a layout I really like then I would be happy spending a lot of time fixing it up.

This track is SimBin Property and not meant for cross platform conversions. We have received an official request for it to be removed.

Please make sure uploaded content matches our website rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline