Alonso's teammate for 2013 to be announced tomorrow

Im saying Vettel is going to be at RBR for a long time probably, so if hes still nr1 how will we ever be able to compare nr 2 drivers when how much the team decides to give the nr2 driver changes all the time... This leads me to Ricciardo, when he gets to the RBR seat whats going to go down? is he going to get the Vettel treatment and be nr1 or just be nr2 like webber.

The cars were never equal last year, the whole thing is bs. man I wouldn't rule out anything in RBR, to me it is one of the most corrupt teams on the grid but my favourite driver is in there so I have to support him! By corrupt I mean unfair between drivers in the team. Vettel just annoys me when he isn't winning cause he continually whines about the car and anything.
We agree on a lot.
I misunderstood your point re Vettel treatment. I thought you meant the cold shoulder but you meant being treated like him.
I understand now.
Cheers

There's nothing to say they weren't equal. Vettel was better than Webber in 2011 like Alonso was better than Massa, end of.
In your opinion.
You say "nothing to say they weren't equal" but I beg to differ.
There have been several instances to show they were not equal.
Whenever there has been unequal resource such as the front wing when Vettel broke his new one and the team simply took Webbers and gave it to him at Silverstone in 2010 prompting the "not bad for a #2 driver" quip on the radio.
When Vettel hit him through error of judgement in Turkey the team again backed Vettel. (esp Helmut Marko who is medically proven BTW to have one eye so is uniquely capable of this view of Vettel).
It has always been Vettel that gets the best treatment and support.

So instead in this light I would ask you to show when it was that they were equal.

In your opinion.
You say "nothing to say they weren't equal" but I beg to differ.

I was referring to their cars not being equal in the 2011 season. The season where there were no excuses from Mark's side he and admitted that he needed to step up his game. And as I implied, team support is justified by results. Seb's results are almost always better than Mark's.

Bram Hengeveld said:
There is a Ferrari Passion Day today for the Tifosi so you never know :)

But by doing so they're affectively writing off their 2012 season.
Why would Massa give a crap for the rest of the year if he knows almost 7 months in advance that he's getting sacked?

But by doing so they're affectively writing off their 2012 season.
Why would Massa give a crap for the rest of the year if he knows almost 7 months in advance that he's getting sacked?
Did he give a crap the last three years? :) For his performance it won't really matter I think or will he now end up at P20 during Q3? :)

If he is a professional, and i am pretty sure he is, it shouldn't make any difference if you know that you will be sacked. Happens in real life also and this guy gets paid millions only to race a car :)

everybody forgot the most important thing in that discussion, Ferrari is in F1 for 1 thing and 1 thing only and its the construtor championship, the driver championship is just a plus for them. so for them Webber is a good option for 2013 he is in the point at almost every race so very good for the team standing. as for Perez why rush him and take the chance of burning him by putting to much pressure on him that early in his F1 carreer ? and to add to that putting him beside Alonso and clearly making him second might ruin any chance he have to ever have a driver championship.

Webber was ahead of Vettel until the last race of 2010

That doesn't sound right at all.

EDIT:
Vettel led after:
- 1. Bahrain
- 2. Australia
- 3. Malaysia
- 4. China
- 5. Spain
- 6. Tied after Monaco
- 9. Europe
- 11. Tied After Germany
- 19. Abu Dhabi

Webber led after:
- 6. Tied after Monaco
- 7. Turkey
- 8. Canada
- 10. Britain
- 11. Tied After Germany
- 12. Hungary
- 13. Belgium
- 14. Italy
- 15. Singapore
- 16. Japan
- 17. Korea
- 18. Brazil

I was referring to their cars not being equal in the 2011 season. The season where there were no excuses from Mark's side he and admitted that he needed to step up his game. And as I implied, team support is justified by results. Seb's results are almost always better than Mark's.
This philosophy quickly becomes a self fufilling prophecy.
Driver A is faster lets help him more,
oh look driver B is slower lets help him less
Dirver B is still slower I told you driver A was faster"

Results are created by teams support.

Actually in 2010 nobody took the tittle from Webber. He made a mistake at Abu Dhabi while he was on championship winning position which caused Alonso to lose the fight too. Those too gave Vettel an easy go cause both McLarens were out of the competion.

so it seems other sites are beginning to report this move as well...a one year contract for Mark Webber and Perez on stand by for the year after. After giving this a serious thought it occur to me that Ferrari have long persuaded A.Newey to join them with the latter saying he will likely retire at RB,so perhaps MW is as close as they can get to Newey's secrets, otherweise this move is odd at the very least

This philosophy quickly becomes a self fufilling prophecy.
Driver A is faster lets help him more,
oh look driver B is slower lets help him less
Dirver B is still slower I told you driver A was faster"

Results are created by teams support.

Teams back the better driver, i.e. their best chance of winning the championship. That's why it is the results obtained by a driver that justifies whether a team should back them or not. Vettel has proven himself to be faster in 2009, 2010 and 2011, by winning more races and outqualifying his teammate. As Victor said, Webber lost the title through his own mistake in Korea near the end of the championship, while also failing to finish well in Abu Dhabi.

Offical word people.

We don't have it.

__

Would you trust the gossip sites of the internet with this news? This is the kind of crap that reports celebritys dead and it spreads in the media only to find it out's just trying to sell.

Actually in 2010 nobody took the tittle from Webber. He made a mistake at Abu Dhabi while he was on championship winning position which caused Alonso to lose the fight too. Those too gave Vettel an easy go cause both McLarens were out of the competion.

The team called him to pits to make Alonso pit as well, and let Vettel win.

They recognized that after the race.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back