Alonso's teammate for 2013 to be announced tomorrow

I actually believe that this move has positives for Ferrari and Webber.
OK I have great respect for Webber.
For Webber: At RedBull Vettel will always get #1 treatment. as a Helmut Marko protoge . Webber is a second class citizen.
At Ferrari he may also face some similar challenges but he will look back at his great career and be able to say I was recruited by Ferrari. What if he doesnt sign with them? What then?

For Ferrari: A very very strong and fast, knowledgable and respected driver. Apart from last season Webber has had Vettels measure and this (ok embyonic) seaon has out driven him. Webber is a class act. How could it be wrong for Ferrari?
He is 35 years old. So what. Schumacher 41 no?
When the next RedBull #2 arrives we will then know how good Webber was there.
But we wont know because i imagine Vettel will be there for a long time. 2011, Webber was number 2 driver and this affected him massively in the mental game with Seb. The real question is will Ricciardo replace him and be the next aussie to be a nr2 driver at RBR or will he get the Vettel treatment?

Im not a big follower of F1 but I believe Webber is actually a very good development driver as well as racer.
If it wasn't for the work he put into getting the RBR cars upto speed Vettel wouldn't have been able to step strait in & be as quick as he was....
And after his time at RBR playing second fiddle to Vettel he's shown that Ferrari that he CAN be a be a team player & follow orders.
Im sure there's been plenty in the past who couldn't keep a cool head & do the job of nr2.

He's dominating Vettel this year in a car that is miles better than the Ferrari.
I cant figure out why people think he's going to retire, he may be older then most drivers but he's still dominating Sebastian, as long as thats happening, you cant possibly say he'll retire.

"Dominating" is what Alonso is doing to Massa. Webber isn't even ahead, and hasn't finished ahead for any of the last 3 seasons.

But we wont know because i imagine Vettel will be there for a long time. 2011, Webber was number 2 driver and this affected him massively in the mental game with Seb. The real question is will Ricciardo replace him and be the next aussie to be a nr2 driver at RBR or will he get the Vettel treatment?

We wont know what?
Isn't (Ricciardo) getting the Vettel treatment the same as being #2. So what is the question?
Well you assert it was a mental thing last year, I'm not so sure.
It was largely tyres and Vettel getting the best of everything including swapping chasssis at one point as he wasn't happy.
Vettel handled last years tyres better and with the Blown Diffuser the cars had an atypical year.
Who knows maybe Vettel was given a better map? Would you rule it out with past history?

At least he'll know definitely that he's N2 cause Red Bull never said it clear. I remember after Turkey 2010 all the blame was thrown to him even if he wasn't guilty at all for the idiotic move.
A great example of the one eyed RedBull approach to Vettel.
Horners ridiculous justification at the time that Seb had a slight fuel advantage (yep following Weebber will do that to you).
I would love Webber to shine elsewhere and the new RBR driver to really struggle.

If this come to be true, it seems to be an Alonso move to have a strong team mate, that accepts to be second driver in the Team and will work for him, because he will know that he only will be in Ferrari because Alonso wants him to be there.

We wont know what?
Isn't (Ricciardo) getting the Vettel treatment the same as being #2. So what is the question?
Well you assert it was a mental thing last year, I'm not so sure.
It was largely tyres and Vettel getting the best of everything including swapping chasssis at one point as he wasn't happy.
Vettel handled last years tyres better and with the Blown Diffuser the cars had an atypical year.
Who knows maybe Vettel was given a better map? Would you rule it out with past history?
Im saying Vettel is going to be at RBR for a long time probably, so if hes still nr1 how will we ever be able to compare nr 2 drivers when how much the team decides to give the nr2 driver changes all the time... This leads me to Ricciardo, when he gets to the RBR seat whats going to go down? is he going to get the Vettel treatment and be nr1 or just be nr2 like webber.

The cars were never equal last year, the whole thing is bs. man I wouldn't rule out anything in RBR, to me it is one of the most corrupt teams on the grid but my favourite driver is in there so I have to support him! By corrupt I mean unfair between drivers in the team. Vettel just annoys me when he isn't winning cause he continually whines about the car and anything.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 373 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%