Alonso's teammate for 2013 to be announced tomorrow

Apparently Mark Webber will be in Ferrari in 2013 replacing Felipe Massa, Spanish motorsports journalists insinuate in Twitter.

The news is going to be published tomorrow at the online news site "El Confidencial".

Webber ends contract this year with RBR, a team were even when he was outperforming his teammate in 2010 the team didn't allow him to fight for the WDC.

Ferrari has a clear 1-2 structure but at least that order can be challenged in the first half of the season, and number 2 can become number one, a key difference with RBR despite all their hypocritical talk about freedom to fight.

I dont see this form into fruition...Weber is a played card(no offense)..why would a team like Ferrari invest into someone well past their prime...
Think about it. In 2011 when Vettel was winning races Webber was on the podium (or top 5) pretty consistently.

Ferrari don't want to be like Mclaren

if you were in charge of Ferrari ,would u sign someone at age of 35 when u can get same results from a 20+yrs old(Perez..of the top of my head) and a long term contract?..with Webber they have to go on yearly basis...pointless, counterproductive and pain in the ass imo

i came across this pic today and its somewhat hard to understand what message Fellipe is trying to send out to F1 with it,but clearly its giving the "rumour" gods plenty to work with

14422.jpg

I'll believe it when I see it.
Webber wouldn't put himself in a Number 2 position on purpose.
He's dominating Vettel this year in a car that is miles better than the Ferrari.
It'd be a step backwards for him.
Worse car and more politics.

Webber wouldn't put himself in a Number 2 position on purpose.

He's the biggest nr2 in the world in RBR, in 2010 he was clearly ahead of Vettel with few races to go and still the team helped Vettel (that needed a miracle) and sacrificed him (that could win just with an average performance).

Can't think in a more clear nr2, that situation would never happen in Ferrari, you can start as nr2 but if you have a best shoot in the last part of the season you become nr1, just see 2007 and 2008 with Massa and Kimi.

If Webber goes to Ferrari, with all the work Ferrari is putting into the 2013 car, he might have a chance at an actual title shot.

RBR are screwed. They're politics got in the way of a really good driver that's only now reaching his prime, I cant figure out why people think he's going to retire, he may be older then most drivers but he's still dominating Sebastian, as long as thats happening, you cant possibly say he'll retire.

Going to Ferrari? Good move.
Is he faster then Fernando? Ehhh. I dislike Fernando, and I love Mark to bits, but honestly, I have my doubts about that.

Still, it's just media bollocks and untill offical word comes out, I will not belive it.

I actually believe that this move has positives for Ferrari and Webber.
OK I have great respect for Webber.
For Webber: At RedBull Vettel will always get #1 treatment. as a Helmut Marko protoge . Webber is a second class citizen.
At Ferrari he may also face some similar challenges but he will look back at his great career and be able to say I was recruited by Ferrari. What if he doesnt sign with them? What then?

For Ferrari: A very very strong and fast, knowledgable and respected driver. Apart from last season Webber has had Vettels measure and this (ok embyonic) seaon has out driven him. Webber is a class act. How could it be wrong for Ferrari?
He is 35 years old. So what. Schumacher 41 no?
When the next RedBull #2 arrives we will then know how good Webber was there.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 428 16.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 286 11.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 280 10.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 193 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 328 12.8%