The main reason why Alonso is followed up so closely is "The Triple Crown" aka
F1 Monaco
24 hours of Le Mans
500 miles Indy

He would only be the 2nd person in the world to do it. Jenson Button could possibly win, but he clearly has no intend to do the 500 miles. Alonso, on the other hand, does.

But Indy 500 was won by an F1 reject in the same year as Alonso tried..... Le Mans has loads of ex F1 rejects and Hulk won the thing....
If Alonso and his team had spent more time getting the Merc drive 4 odd seasons ago instead of Lewis we could of been talking about Alonso the 5 times F1 WDC and i very much doubt he'd be that bothered about the triple crown...... he can't even finish Monaco these days let alone win the thing...
Having said all of that i like Alonso as a person....

Your long rant makes my point for me..... why so much PR for Alonso? Plenty of drivers apparently not good enough for F1 have competed and won.....I am agreeing with you...

F1 is not the pinnacle but yet we get brainwashed into thinking it is...

I would say Buemi was 'spat out' of F1....for example...

Same goes for Nakajima, Kobayashi, Petrov etc.

But for those who forgot, we have two F1 WDC drivers this year, ALO and BUT :)

64efa465bc3752da7f51c019c1825929.png

In multiple ways I find this very interesting. Ill be very surprised if the non hybrids arent pegged back again.

The times are far away from last year's pole. Is this normal in the test day? Or are the cars slower?
I personally think Toyata is massivly sandbagging, in order to get even more advantage through further BoP cutdowns for Rebellion etc.

And we have always to keep in mind the BoP fuel tank advantage of Toyota, they will go more laps before stopping to refuel.

Obvious sandbagging here. The difference in performance between Toyota and the rest of the LMP1's during Spa was not even funny.
So what if Alonso wins?? It's like bragging about beating a guy in crutches at a 100m sprint race

A true star who currently is in that much loved series Formula E.......

Yeah, but it doesn't matter if he drives F1 car, LMP1, LMP1H or FE car. He is a great driver, very unique. Good also in GT3 machinery and of course he won Le Mans. So in comparison I can say that both ALO and LOT are true stars. Of course we can't forget about BUT. Another WDC F1 driver in the line-up.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back