Alonso to Contest 2020 Dakar Rally?

lol, I can only quote so much. But anyways. Popular is different from being good or great driver! He's popular because every media grabs everything that he do. Because this and that, because internet!

I said I like to see him back in F1.... But if he can't, maybe he deserves that too. Good luck to him wherever he may end up. If he can't F1 anymore, his days are over IMO.

Alonso stopped Schumacher's 5 season win streak with Ferrari, heck Michael even RETIRED after Alonso strung a couple championships together. There's a lot more to it than that, but it's true.

There is a rumor that red bull asked alonso and he denied. Or someone asked and someone denied I don't remember exactly. But I'm sure a team like haas, racing point or renault would love to have him in their car. I don't think there is any other except mercedes that is worth comeback for alonso though.

That last sentence hit the nail on the head for me, Alonso has no interest in F1, unless he has a championship winning possibility. Which means Mercedes and that's it. He has no interest in being mid-field anymore after the disaster that was McLaren.

He went to Toyota as that gave him the best chance of winning Le Mans, he went with Caddy for Daytona because that team has the greatest amount of success at that race. He went the right way with Indy 500 Mk1 (Andretti Racing connection), but got burnt with Indy 500 Mk2 (letting McLaren start from nothing) and I think he just has this frame of mind now that he wants only winning possibilities now. Which is understandable.

However I would have had huge respect for him if he'd decided to do the full Indycar season next year. It would have been tough but he would won races for sure. So saying no to that was a shame in my view.

Dakar is a very difficult race though and brutal. Will be interesting to see how things pan out.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.1%