Alonso to Contest 2020 Dakar Rally?

@Martin Fiala Lets see if he comes out on a mercedes next to the hamilton one...and we will have some battle? Come on guys at those times of mclaren with these pilots we had one of the greatest and intense motosport battles! And you know with who was positioned mclaren and they ended with one point of difference!

Nobody knows if he still can win anything in formula 1 , but everyone knows that he is a great and better than many of the actual F1 pilots, wont you want him battle against the best in same opportunities? Do you like competition?

Or may be do you prefer to laught at him and about the cornered position where is? (may be caused by him). Cheers lads! BTW F1 is actually so booooring i prefer imsa indi or other ones these days......

Some of the replies on here are rather a shame.

Here is a man who want to win things, wants new challenges. Not since the days of Clark, Hill, Foyt, Andretti etc have there been drivers that will happily give up F1 to win in something else.

He is so far out of the modern F1 drivers class system, he is in a class of his own. he has made enough money, sacrificed enough in crap cars to warrant carrying on.

Yes it is ALL self enforced, he has made the ad decisions to prevent him going to some teams, but he has to live with that, and instead of bitching and moaning, he drives at Indy, Daytona, Le Mans (and he didn't choose Toyota coz it was his best chance, it was his ONLY chance of winning LM, stupid, uneducated comment!).

I am not a huge Alonso fan, I admire his ability, but he forced weak drives on himself in F1 and played the politics too much it backfired on him. But what he is doing now I hope inspires other generations of driver to do the same, I would love him to do NASCAR, WRC, everything. He is showing that he has genuine passion for all racing, and having the balls to stick his reputation on the line and not give a stuff and try it.

I think really anyone who turns their nose up at that is simply a hater, nothing more.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back