Alonso Moves to Ferrari, Raikkonen moves to Mclaren and Kubica moves to Renault

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78995

With lawyers working hard on the last few details of Kimi Raikkonen's release from his contract with Ferrari, a move that will pave the way for the Finn to return to McLaren, the Maranello-based outfit has openly admitted that it wants to announce its line-up as quickly as possible.

Once the Ferrari-Alonso announcement is made, Renault is expected to confirm that Polish driver Robert Kubica will lead its team in 2010.

Ferrari wants to get "best drivers" and at same time offers to McLaren a chance to build up a dream team. And what will happen when Massa beats Alonso on track? 2007 again maybe? Mr Whitmarsh said yesterday that he is very interested to get Kimi back and Haug was saying pretty much same today so it seems this all really may happen. Grey suits Kimi better than red imo. :)

Rosberg and Button for Brawn it seems like, I wonder if Barrichello will replace Rosberg at Williams?

A quick mock-up of next year's possible entry list (some complete guesses of course), what do you reckon?

McLaren: Hamilton, Raikkonen
Ferrari: Alonso, Massa
Brawn: Button, Rosberg
Red Bull: Vettel, Webber
Renault: Kubica, Grosjean
Williams: Barrichello, Hulkenberg
Torro Rosso: Buemi, Alguersuari
Force India: Sutil, Liuzzi
Toyota: Glock, Nakajima
Campos: De La Rosa, Petrov
Virgin Manor: Carroll, Kovalainen
Lotus: Jani, Trulli
US: Villeneuve, Senna
Sauber (if they run): Heidfield, Di Grassi

Ferrari wants to get "best drivers" and at same time offers to McLaren a chance to build up a dream team. And what will happen when Massa beats Alonso on track? 2007 again maybe? Mr Whitmarsh said yesterday that he is very interested to get Kimi back and Haug was saying pretty much same today so it seems this all really may happen. Grey suits Kimi better than red imo. :)

2007 had nothing to do with Hamilton beating Alonso on track... has more to do with Hamilton breaking the qualy strategy agreement and then going to stewards against Alonso.

I'm always wondering why most people forgot about this part of the history.

Trully and Fisichella beat Alonso on track more than once and nothing happened...

Interesting you included Carroll :)

Also, for Torro Rosso, don't rule out Loeb. Lewis (Fergossjean) mentioned that there was a rumor about it, and he DID test for Red Bull last year AND Citroen are sponsored by Red Bull.

Alonso confirmed at Ferrari
Maranello, 30th September 2009 - Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro announces that it has reached an agreement with the driver Fernando Alonso. The agreement covers three racing seasons, starting in 2010.

The Scuderia’s driver line-up next season will therefore be made up of Felipe Massa and Fernando Alonso, with Giancarlo Fisichella in the role of reserve driver.

Kimi Raikkonen will leave the team at the end of this current season, after what has been a rewarding and fruitful partnership, which saw him win the Drivers’ title in 2007. He also played a key role in Ferrari’s taking of the Constructor’s title that same year and in 2008.

“We are very proud to welcome to our team another winning driver, who has demonstrated his amazing talent by winning two World Championships in his career to date,” said Stefano Domenicali. “Of course, we wish to thank Kimi for everything he has done during his time with Ferrari: in his first year with us, he managed to win the Drivers’ title, thus making his contribution to Ferrari’s history and he played a vital role in our taking of the Constructors’ title in 2007 and 2008. Even during a difficult season like this one, he has demonstrated his great talent, with several good results, including a great win in Spa and we are sure that we can share more good times together in the final three races of this season.”

“With common consent, we have agreed to terminate the contract binding me to Ferrari to the end of 2010, one year ahead of schedule,” said Kimi Raikkonen. “I am very sad to be leaving a team with which I have spent three fantastic years, during which time I won plenty of races. Together, we have won 50% of the world titles in that period and I managed to take the Drivers’ title in 2007, thus achieving the target I had set myself at the start of my career. I have always felt at home with everyone here and I will have many happy memories of my time with the team.”

Link: http://www.ferrari.com/English/News/Pages/090930_F1_News_1.aspx
http://www.ferrari.com/English/News/Pages/090930_F1_News_1.aspx

• Andrew Evans

now if ferrari would only stop with the "POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD", and ditch massa, we could have schumi and alonso vs hamilton and raikkonen...

:sweetdreams:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 159 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing