Allan McNish to retire from racing

Newly-crowned World Endurance champion Allan McNish is retiring from front-line racing with immediate effect.

The long-time Audi driver, who claimed the WEC title at Shanghai with Tom Kristensen and Loic Duval in November, explained that the timing was right for a decision that means he will not be part of the German manufacturer's 2014 WEC campaign.

"You have to get out at some point and everything lined up to make this an extremely good time to do it," McNish told AUTOSPORT. "Everything has fallen into place."I have won pretty much everything I wanted to and I ticked the last box with the world championship."It is good to do it now with the change over to the new car and new rules, which would have required a big commitment."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111886
Sad news :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it a bit strange to be honest. Why retire now half way the holiday season and not directly after securing the championship.

Is this the real reason or a way out without losing face in case he was replaced by a younger driver?

Anyways he will be missed at Le Mans. Hopefully he will continue to race something else.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 485 39.0%