----------------------version 3.00 040222 -------------------------

I highly recommend reading the manual and/or at least watching the tutorial video below. Really. I mean it. Installation is incredibly easy but you need to know what you have to do to set it up correctly.

RBR P.L.U.S. 3.00 - DOWNLOAD (654mb)
(including retextures, manual)
(NOTE: THIS VERSION DOES NOT YET SUPPORT the Rallysimfans PlugIn)

RBR P.L.U.S. 3.00 no retextures - DOWNLOAD (114mb)
Manual - DOWNLOAD
(the manual is included in the downloads. This serves just as a preview to assess the effort needed, before you start downloading the 654mb large file)

Updated Tutorial Video for version 3.00+:

------------------------
Quickest Installation Guide:

Pre-Requisites:
- RBR Tournament Plug In or similar to use custom tracks
- Pacenote Plugin
- all stages you want to use beforehand (not mandatory but recommended)
- reshade.me in (its base installation not mandatory anymore)

Installation:
- Extract the archive in your RBR main directory and run the installer or click the readme.

In-game:
NumPad 0 = turns the reshade.me window on and off
NumPad 5 = toggles effect on/off
Numad 4= previous reshade
NumPad 6= next reshade
Ctr+L = turns headlights on/off
Alt+L = alternative headlights for cockpit view

Pacenote Plugin console: double right click with your mouse to change seat position, to adjust headlights, then save

This is pretty much all you need to install and use the mod. For more information read the manual/watch the tutorial.
-------------------------------

What this mod does:
-
this mod will add 160+ single particle mods to your game, adjusted to the respective stages, RBR original ones, and all the currently available stages in the classic format, added over the past 17 years (to make a total of roughly 240 stages as of now). The particles are adjusted to match the surfaces in look, color, and "feel".

- This process involved adjusting the weather settings of RBR because they play an essential role in the color schemes of the particles and overall lighting. More, and more pronounced weather conditions, have been added to all stages. Roughly it comes out as 11 different weather conditions for each stage, each with sunny, cloudy, hazy, rainy, foggy and night conditions

- To further enhance the contrasts, saturation and lighting of the overall look of RBR, reshade.me files will be installed in your RBR root folder. The mod comes with 4 quality settings. In its initial installation it will be set to its lowest quality setting (SOFT), optimized for use without reshade (but comes with an optional basic reshade nontheless)

- I retextured the original RBR stages of Australia, USA, Japan and Great Britain and altered the ones of France and Finland. Retextures are completely optional.
Here are some before and after comparisons of the stock RBR look and the P.L.U.S. effects

Applying the mod with its installer, will automatically back up some essential files for you. If you choose to install manually (copy&paste), make sure to back up your Tracks.ini and TrackSettings.ini file.
To uninstall this mod, use the uninstaller in the mods main folder (_P.O.R.N.) or simply delete all files added by the mod and replace the Tracks.ini and TrackSettings.ini inside your Maps folder, with your backed up files.

Future Plans:
seperate downloads for the Hungarian/Rallysimfans PlugIn (different stage IDs)
finding a successor to continue this mod before I´m done with simracing eventually

Last edited by a moderator:
I added Uhorna and a couple of SS Stages to reach something I would call the 1.0 status of this mod.

In addition some minor improvements were made, particularly a surprising well working night reshade as can be seen in the video and images below.

Richard Burns Rally 2019.07.28 - 17.00.09.04.00_30_23_34.Still002.jpg Richard Burns Rally 2019.07.28 - 17.00.09.04.00_30_32_00.Still003.jpg Richard Burns Rally Screenshot 2019.08.21 - 01.12.37.78.jpgRichard Burns Rally Screenshot 2019.08.17 - 02.01.35.19.jpg

loads of other related videos can be found in the channel. installation should be quite transparent by now? hopefully...

Finally got around to make a Snow Particle Mod for the latest Torsby Shakedown stage. As with (almost) every other particle mod in the ATP-Mod package it was necessary to adjust the weather files to match the colorization of the particles and the track.

In addition I´m almost done with the particle and weather mods for the original RBR stages. Take a sneak peak:
Richard Burns Rally Screenshot 2019.09.08 - 14.09.37.25.jpg Richard Burns Rally Screenshot 2019.09.11 - 12.30.59.77.jpg Richard Burns Rally Screenshot 2019.09.11 - 17.14.09.73.jpg Richard Burns Rally Screenshot 2019.09.12 - 15.12.10.20.jpg Richard Burns Rally Screenshot 2019.09.12 - 16.29.01.73.jpg Richard Burns Rally Screenshot 2019.09.13 - 21.22.50.52.jpg Richard Burns Rally Screenshot 2019.09.18 - 18.57.11.18.jpg Richard Burns Rally Screenshot 2019.09.28 - 03.33.39.83.jpg Richard Burns Rally Screenshot 2019.10.03 - 23.12.09.66.jpg
and some before/after shots of the reshades:
Richard Burns Rally Screenshot 2019.09.08 - 21.16.26.95.jpg Richard Burns Rally Screenshot 2019.09.08 - 21.16.34.45.jpg Richard Burns Rally Screenshot 2019.09.08 - 22.09.02.34.jpg Richard Burns Rally Screenshot 2019.09.08 - 22.09.05.29.jpg

In conjunction with the (almost?) newly started audio project with Fmod libraries for realistic engine sounds I´m pretty excited for the future of RBR and actually kinda amazed that after 15+ years there still IS a future for RBR :)

Last edited:
wow, this looks awesome, cant wait for the release!

ive only very recently been playing RBR in 4K/60fps and it has been such a fun game to get good at.
RBR is the tough-as-nails rally sim that will absolutely make you a better rally driver in virtually any other rally game that follows. its just so rewarding to practice and get better lap times.

on a side note, my favorite custom stages are the martinez custom tracks (sherwood forest being an all time favorite) and im sure this particle/texture/reshade mod will only make their custom tracks that much more polished.
also very interested in the mentioned fmod engine sounds :thumbsup:

just a quick update:

As it turns out the most challenging part to get right in my overhaul are the so called "superbowl fogs". These are the fogs and hazes for objects in the far distance, something I didnt´t pay much attention to in my first go around creating this mod. And since I´m trying to create weather settings that also look good without my accompanying reshades (for people that just don´t want to lose the framerates for example but still want to enjoy the modded particles), a lot of work is going into this subject right now. Here is an example of what I´m talking about:
Looks Okay with reshades in place:
RichardBurnsRally_SSE 2020-03-13 22-52-01.jpg

without my rshades: distant horizon looks ugly without the benefit of the lighting effects provided by the reshades:
RichardBurnsRally_SSE 2020-03-13 22-51-55.jpg

after several changes, it looks okay even without the reshades:
RichardBurnsRally_SSE 2020-03-13 22-54-10.jpg

wrapped up in this way it looks kinda straight forward, but often times these changes require some heavy experimenting with the different values to get it right.

Anyway. Here are a few additional screenshots I took during my recent overhauls. I take screenshots of certain scenarios to get the correct color values in photoshop to then go and adjust them accordingly, so following screenshots are basically "outtakes" of my current attempts:

RichardBurnsRally_SSE 2020-03-04 00-20-04.jpg

more preview images
RichardBurnsRally_SSE 2020-01-26 03-10-26.jpgRichardBurnsRally_SSE 2020-02-07 13-45-30.jpgRichardBurnsRally_SSE 2020-02-24 22-09-33.jpgRichardBurnsRally_SSE 2020-03-02 14-34-11.jpg

Last edited:
wow, this looks awesome, cant wait for the release!

ive only very recently been playing RBR in 4K/60fps and it has been such a fun game to get good at.
RBR is the tough-as-nails rally sim that will absolutely make you a better rally driver in virtually any other rally game that follows. its just so rewarding to practice and get better lap times.

on a side note, my favorite custom stages are the martinez custom tracks (sherwood forest being an all time favorite) and im sure this particle/texture/reshade mod will only make their custom tracks that much more polished.
also very interested in the mentioned fmod engine sounds :thumbsup:
Thanks! I´m kinda anxious to share my works with fellow RBR fans, to get some more detailed feedback and to maybe get some help in combating some "known issues" I couldn´t figure out on my own.

But since you mentioned the "Martinez"-custom tracks, he also provided his own particle mod. It´s the PS-Poland particles file, as far as I know, which actually is a really pretty looking particle-mod, that I desperately wanted to incorporate in my more holistic particle mod, composed of approximately 180+ particle mods (I had to create myself), that would have saved me a lot of work and time. But it has some major flaws like offset particles and of course some miscolorizations with stages he didn´t create himself, which would propably have ended in me violating some copyrights, if I adjusted his settings. So me creating my own particle mods was in part a necessity as a workaround to not infringe some rights of the "true RBR modders". (I´m more of an "RBR adjuster" btw. I don´t know the first thing about modding in general. At best I´m standing on the shoulders of giants here).

so, here are the promised images of crisp clear conditions as proof that there actually won´t just be diffuse lighting situations in this mod.

now to some bad news: yesterday my hard drive gave out on me.

So, in the meantime... look at all this light!
18.jpg

16.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline