first a little desclaimer: I apologize for the awefully named mod. I had to name it something while creating the videos and now I´m kinda stuck with it.

The Mod, I so cunningly named ATP (All Tracks Particles), comes with three sets of stages containing all RBR Stages in classic format (ca.170 stages so far). It operates in conjunction with the Training Day Plug in (maybe others too?) and swaps all original tracks with the new, modded ones.
Desktop 2019.08.06 - 20.07.35.02.00_24_40_24.Still017.jpg Desktop 2019.08.06 - 20.07.35.02.00_24_45_22.Still018.jpg Desktop 2019.08.06 - 20.07.35.02.00_24_53_18.Still019.jpg

To go along with that, I created 100+ particle mods to match the surfaces of all of these tracks in look, color and "feel".
Desktop 2019.08.06 - 20.07.35.02.00_10_53_27.Still010.jpg Desktop 2019.08.06 - 20.07.35.02.00_18_04_29.Still014.jpg Richard Burns Rally 2019.07.28 - 17.00.09.04.00_04_24_54.Still003.jpg

And to go along with that I had to adjust the weather conditions and lighting for each stage and each condition to round out the visuals, so a weather mod was created and integrated in this mod.

And, very optional, to go along with that I set up some 20 reshade presets to further improve the optics. They do eat a lot of your FPS but so do modern, fresher looking, games anyway. There are more subtle presets and presets with pretty massive changes, that can turn a sunny stage at noon into an apocalyptic ride in the last hours of hell, if you´d fancy that, but come handy in more difficult lighting situations like heavyrain, night or heavyfog. I provided suggestions on these presets for every stage and every condition in the respective TrackSettings.ini but you can play around with them as you please.
Desktop 2019.08.06 - 20.07.35.02.00_17_37_01.Still021.jpg .

Here is a little introduction showing off some key elements of this mod. The channel is set up to contain some preview looks on the new particles and some tutorial videos on how to install and use the mod. A super quick rundown can be found at the bottom of this post:

Installation Tutorial Videos:
#1 RBR ATP-Mod - Full Mod Installation Guide
#2 RBR ATP-Mod - Particles Only and Using the Mod
#3 ATP-Mod Reshade

Quickest Guide for Quick Installation (only track .ini files and particle mods)
#1 install Training Day Plug In (Google)
#2 install the stages (e.g. German Virtual Racers)
#3 copy the ATP-Mod into your RBR game directory
#4 to switch between the set of stages copy the three .ini files of either "Tracks", "Tracks1" or "Tracks2" (inside "_Extra Tracks ini Files") into your games "Maps" folder.

Quickest Guide for Full Installation (with visuals and ambient sounds):
#1 install Training Day Plug In (Google)
#2 install the stages (German Virtual Racers)
#3 install RBR.dll (Google)
#4 install AutoHotkey (Google)
adjust the paths in the AutoHotkey files in this mod
#5 install Reshade.Me (Google)
#6 copy the ATP-Mod into your RBR game directory
#7 to switch between the set of stages copy the three .ini files of either "Tracks", "Tracks1" or "Tracks2" (inside "_Extra Tracks ini Files") into your games "Maps" folder.
#8 start the game with the provided "Richard Burns Rally" AutoHotkey script

There are still some stages I like to add like both Uhorna stages.

Last edited:
I added Uhorna and a couple of SS Stages to reach something I would call the 1.0 status of this mod.

Richard Burns Rally Screenshot 2019.08.17 - 00.40.19.44.jpg View attachment 321453 Richard Burns Rally Screenshot 2019.08.21 - 01.12.37.78.jpg Richard Burns Rally Screenshot 2019.08.17 - 02.01.35.19.jpg
In addition some minor improvements were made, particularly a surprising well working night reshade as can be seen in the video and images below.

Richard Burns Rally 2019.07.28 - 17.00.09.04.00_30_23_34.Still002.jpg Richard Burns Rally 2019.07.28 - 17.00.09.04.00_30_32_00.Still003.jpg Richard Burns Rally Screenshot 2019.08.16 - 23.21.57.42.jpg

ATP-Mod 1.0 Download-Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/joxekw1gao4167j/AAC-EO9pJq2PbNF5FWGJf19ka?dl=0

there is still one more iteration to come. Right now I´m applying the mod to the original RBR stages, which results in some even more gorgeous results because of some additional lighting and particle options.

Changelog vers. 1.0
//Tracks//

added Uhorna 1 (Gravel)
added Uhorna 2 (Gravel)
added WRX Portugal SS18 (Tarmac)
added WRX RSI Slalom GeGe WRC (Tarmac)
//Sets//
sorted set Tracks2
//Particles//
added PS_slalom particle mod
added PS_Uhorna particle mod
//Reshade//
altered reshade preset night1
altered reshade preset ET1
added reshade shader SCurve (ET1 now covers a wider variety of conditions, making it the "go to" preset)
added reshade shader FXAA (better antialiasing)
added reshade shader OrtonBloom (better performance)
added reshade shader Flashlight (for headlights; can be switched on with "L" in presets that support headlights)
added reshade shader Layer (for headlights; can be switched on with "L" in presets that support headlights)
//Misc//
added sortable and filterable (name, surface, set) "Full Tracklist" excel sheet
//To Come//
addition of all original RBR tracks
particle mods for all original RBR tracks

for easier access here is the quick installation tutorial to this mod:

loads of other related videos can be found in the channel. installation should be quite transparent by now? hopefully...

Finally got around to make a Snow Particle Mod for the latest Torsby Shakedown stage. As with (almost) every other particle mod in the ATP-Mod package it was necessary to adjust the weather files to match the colorization of the particles and the track.

in addition to the ATP-Mod 1.0 Download you just need to apply these files:

ATP-Mod 1.1 Download-Link (only the Torsby-Files):
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xa44y3rfrr590i4/AACxAhmdbmIKAZS1l11Qwtfxa?dl=0

In addition I´m almost done with the particle and weather mods for the original RBR stages. Take a sneak peak:
Richard Burns Rally Screenshot 2019.09.08 - 14.09.37.25.jpg Richard Burns Rally Screenshot 2019.09.11 - 12.30.59.77.jpg Richard Burns Rally Screenshot 2019.09.11 - 17.14.09.73.jpg Richard Burns Rally Screenshot 2019.09.12 - 15.12.10.20.jpg Richard Burns Rally Screenshot 2019.09.12 - 16.29.01.73.jpg Richard Burns Rally Screenshot 2019.09.13 - 21.22.50.52.jpg Richard Burns Rally Screenshot 2019.09.18 - 18.57.11.18.jpg Richard Burns Rally Screenshot 2019.09.28 - 03.33.39.83.jpg Richard Burns Rally Screenshot 2019.10.03 - 23.12.09.66.jpg
and some before/after shots of the reshades:
Richard Burns Rally Screenshot 2019.09.08 - 21.16.26.95.jpg Richard Burns Rally Screenshot 2019.09.08 - 21.16.34.45.jpg Richard Burns Rally Screenshot 2019.09.08 - 22.09.02.34.jpg Richard Burns Rally Screenshot 2019.09.08 - 22.09.05.29.jpg

since I´ve been asked a lot lately I want to clarify that this project is very much still in development and running. After discovering a few neat additional lighting effects I can apply through the reshades, I´m forced to tweak all weather settings to make them work properly. It´s very much worth the effort in my opinion.

In addition I scrapped the support for the Training Day Plug In since everybody (but me) seems to be using the Tournament Plug in, which granted, provides an easier use of all the additional modded stages.

By now I have a deeper understanding of all the weather settings to streamline my mod in general. There won´t be any need for switching the reshade presets from track to track: there will be one preset "that fits all", there will be an adaptation of said preset "that fits all" but with more extreme lighting effects (blooms, blurs, lens flares, etc because I´m a sucker for them...) to use according to personal preference.

I put special attention to the original RBR tracks that came with the original game, so I went a little wild with them: for no real reason other than just because I can, I created some retextures - some only with minor changes (more vivid colors?, more contrast?), some with complete overhauls like the Australian stages and some of the USA stages.

Right now I appear to be halfway through with the overhaul of my own mod so I estimate a final release by april. For now I can only provide you with another teaser video, this time with a preview of the "retextured", "particle modded", "weather setted" and "reshaded" original RBR stages.

In conjunction with the (almost?) newly started audio project with Fmod libraries for realistic engine sounds I´m pretty excited for the future of RBR and actually kinda amazed that after 15+ years there still IS a future for RBR :)

wow, this looks awesome, cant wait for the release!

ive only very recently been playing RBR in 4K/60fps and it has been such a fun game to get good at.
RBR is the tough-as-nails rally sim that will absolutely make you a better rally driver in virtually any other rally game that follows. its just so rewarding to practice and get better lap times.

on a side note, my favorite custom stages are the martinez custom tracks (sherwood forest being an all time favorite) and im sure this particle/texture/reshade mod will only make their custom tracks that much more polished.
also very interested in the mentioned fmod engine sounds :thumbsup:

just a quick update:
I don´t know if I´m still on track on the mentioned "April Deadline" but since I started the reworks of my own mod at the end of January, I have 174 stages done with 55 to come. Almost all of the stages still waiting on a rework are WRX style stages, with Lousada being an absolute nightmare to get right, as far as I remember. So there are some harder obstacles left but some of the more challenging to get right, visually-wise, ones are already done, like for example Vieux Moulin-Perrancey, one of the most interesting gravel stages out there in my opinion. Or the two Passo Valle snowy/icey stages. Tideous work, I tell you!

As it turns out the most challenging part to get right in my overhaul are the so called "superbowl fogs". These are the fogs and hazes for objects in the far distance, something I didnt´t pay much attention to in my first go around creating this mod. And since I´m trying to create weather settings that also look good without my accompanying reshades (for people that just don´t want to lose the framerates for example but still want to enjoy the modded particles), a lot of work is going into this subject right now. Here is an example of what I´m talking about:
Looks Okay with reshades in place:
RichardBurnsRally_SSE 2020-03-13 22-52-01.jpg

without my rshades: distant horizon looks ugly without the benefit of the lighting effects provided by the reshades:
RichardBurnsRally_SSE 2020-03-13 22-51-55.jpg

after several changes, it looks okay even without the reshades:
RichardBurnsRally_SSE 2020-03-13 22-54-10.jpg

wrapped up in this way it looks kinda straight forward, but often times these changes require some heavy experimenting with the different values to get it right.

Anyway. Here are a few additional screenshots I took during my recent overhauls. I take screenshots of certain scenarios to get the correct color values in photoshop to then go and adjust them accordingly, so following screenshots are basically "outtakes" of my current attempts:

RichardBurnsRally_SSE 2020-01-26 03-10-26.jpg

RichardBurnsRally_SSE 2020-02-07 13-45-30.jpg

RichardBurnsRally_SSE 2020-02-24 22-09-33.jpg

RichardBurnsRally_SSE 2020-03-02 14-34-11.jpg

RichardBurnsRally_SSE 2020-03-04 00-20-04.jpg

RichardBurnsRally_SSE 2020-03-06 22-55-49.jpg

Attachments

• RichardBurnsRally_SSE 2020-03-05 21-21-33.jpg
    RichardBurnsRally_SSE 2020-03-05 21-21-33.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
wow, this looks awesome, cant wait for the release!

ive only very recently been playing RBR in 4K/60fps and it has been such a fun game to get good at.
RBR is the tough-as-nails rally sim that will absolutely make you a better rally driver in virtually any other rally game that follows. its just so rewarding to practice and get better lap times.

on a side note, my favorite custom stages are the martinez custom tracks (sherwood forest being an all time favorite) and im sure this particle/texture/reshade mod will only make their custom tracks that much more polished.
also very interested in the mentioned fmod engine sounds :thumbsup:
Thanks! I´m kinda anxious to share my works with fellow RBR fans, to get some more detailed feedback and to maybe get some help in combating some "known issues" I couldn´t figure out on my own.

But since you mentioned the "Martinez"-custom tracks, he also provided his own particle mod. It´s the PS-Poland particles file, as far as I know, which actually is a really pretty looking particle-mod, that I desperately wanted to incorporate in my more holistic particle mod, composed of approximately 180+ particle mods (I had to create myself), that would have saved me a lot of work and time. But it has some major flaws like offset particles and of course some miscolorizations with stages he didn´t create himself, which would propably have ended in me violating some copyrights, if I adjusted his settings. So me creating my own particle mods was in part a necessity as a workaround to not infringe some rights of the "true RBR modders". (I´m more of an "RBR adjuster" btw. I don´t know the first thing about modding in general. At best I´m standing on the shoulders of giants here).

Last update before release:

I estimated a release by the end of April but I didn´t quite make it. I guess it will take me another 2 weeks. Currently I´m missing only a rework of the original France, USA and Japan stages ( I decided to give the previously already working original RBR stages a closer look again, which turned out to be necessary). Despite the postponement of the finished mod, things are going great and pretty much flawless. I just haven´t found enough time lately to keep up the pace of the months before.

To pass the time, here are some of my new favorite pictures of the tweaking process:

Dust and dirt coming out of your nose and ears....as it should be. No idea why even current Rally iterations don´t put more emphasize on this very unique aspect of Rally driving. Even if they already bear it in their titles name....
3.jpg

A lot of pretty dark images but sorta twilight conditions are often times simply the most interesting. I will try to find some in crisp clear condition to post later:
4.jpg

some impressions of my new favorite stage: the classic Shephards Shield I. It was one of the hardest to get right for some reason. It seems that almost every stage has different light-parameters in it´s original making, so it´s basically not possible to just copy paste the weather settings from one working set of settings to another set of a different stage. That´s even true for some of the reverse tracks compared to their forward directed counterparts, especially with the original RBR tracks. On the plus-side, the original RBR tracks have some shadow and light effects, the custom tracks simply don´t offer. No idea how or why, because I´m not a modder but a clueless tweaker of mods.

6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

now you will be able to experience the rare sensation of driving through a hurricane in Great Britain...
10.jpg
11.jpg

currently I´m retweaking the France stages. These are yesterdays pictures I took from Cote d`Arbroz.
12.jpg

some very recent changes in the main reshade preset to provide somewhat working headlight effects in dusk and dawn conditions. (quick heads-up: the headlights will be tweaked to work best from the bonnet view. Cockpit view will still work but with some issues. More on this, and frankly a few other things, at the final release)
13.jpg

Last edited:
so, here are the promised images of crisp clear conditions as proof that there actually won´t just be diffuse lighting situations in this mod.

now to some bad news: yesterday my hard drive gave out on me. As it turned out I set up numerous backups for the more fluently adjusted files but basically none for the scaffolding of the mod, like the new textures or actually the meat of this mod: the various particle mods, since i`ve been working mainly on the weather settings lately to get the new lighting right.
So right now the newest version of the mod is set back to the beginning of march, which is desastrous. So until I find a way to recover the files from my broken hard drive I might put the workings on this mod on ice.
I´m pretty optimistic I will be able to retrieve the files in some way or another but I don´t know how, yet.

So, in the meantime... look at all this light!

15.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg

But then I got carried away and took another one in diffuse light. Thought I´d sneak it in because i think it´s gorgeous.
16.jpg