F1 2011 All Silverstone setups results in same laptime

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Selecting any setup (high/low downforce, high/low springs, gear settings, ...) and mixing them always results in the same laptime.
I checked this in Q1 (restarting Q1 after tryout of a setup) by putting all assist on, no use of KERS or DRS, to avoid misjudging.
Whatever I change has no effect on the laptime, it is always in the high 1:31's.

Career, Force India, Legend.

if ur playing with all assists on, then u should probably stick with mario kart!

turn tcs & brake assist off and try it again , i guarentee u will see a difference in laptime.

with tcs on, setup is pointless!

Selecting any setup (high/low downforce, high/low springs, gear settings, ...) and mixing them always results in the same laptime.
I checked this in Q1 (restarting Q1 after tryout of a setup) by putting all assist on, no use of KERS or DRS, to avoid misjudging.
Whatever I change has no effect on the laptime, it is always in the high 1:31's.

Career, Force India, Legend.

Totally flawed test. Come back and see us when you turn the assists off.

Crazy judgement. You say that tweaking the car setup is useless to get better laptimes? If so, we don't need them, nor does the real world.
This game is certainly not the real world. But its true that setups make not much difference. Few tenths max.

The setup section misses too many vital parts. No bump/rebound values, no third spring, Tyre pressure is the one I miss the most as that can really make a difference.

Lack of physics probably.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back