All-In Sprints @ Nurburgring GP - Thursday 2nd April 09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyer-mix.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: TC65 / GTC65 / GTC76 (3 x sprint race - 1.TC65 -> 2.GTC65 -> 3.GTC76)
Track: Nurburgring GP
Conditions: 17.00 In-Game Race time (all races will be at this in-game time)
Practice: 18.30 GMT / 19.30 UK / 20.30 Europe (10 mins)
Qualification: 18.45 GMT / 19.45 UK / 20.45 Europe (10 mins)
Race: 18.50 GMT / 19.50 UK / 20.50 Europe (11 laps)
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default Skins only
Note3: These are fun races, not competetive, just race the people around you. Winning is a secondary concern, this event is to have some nice dicing with people around your own pace in various different models.
Note4: With regard to the above Note - No Models Are Banned - but let's try and see a decent spread of models across the grid please.
Note5: There will be prizes - "The Nurbys" - for the best spread of vehicles, the best performance in a slower model, most spectacular crash, longest roof slide, etc.
Note6: People choosing 3 cars from the top of the performance charts in that class will be named and shamed.

@ Marty - OK mate, but my caveat for you here - if you go GT40, you will have an extremely lonely 2nd race. You'll drive away from the rest of us, and you will have a win, but no real racing.

@ Warren - No mate, stay Healey. I deliberately did this one so people could try out their potential league cars. If you're leaning towards the Healey in the league, stay with - it's absolutely no problem. I'm only not driving a possible league car because I've done shagloads of testing with the 5 cars over the last couple of weeks.

All - just a reminder:

Tonight is the first trial run of the Short Prac/Very Short Quali/Longer Race timings.

With the length of Nurb GP, it's effectively Superpole, so don't hang about when setting your Quali time.

• Andrew Evans

whoa! i just noticed the 5 mins qually... that's not long enough to get round in the slowest class, is it? (am sure i was c. 2:40 when trying out a few last night)...

or does gtl wait until everyone crosses the line, unlike evo?

I tested it on a local Dedi, and I always managed to set a time, even though it took >5 mins for outlap & timed. But if people would rather make sure they got at least 1 lap in, we could extend the quali to 10mins and make it a 10 lap race.

I don't want to make the whole evening edge up to 3 hours, I want a hard 45 mins tops per race event.

Thoughts?

• Andrew Evans

tis already a 10 lap race, acc to top post... but an extra 5 mins to q might not hurt... if you can't get at least one hot lap in then ya might as well skip q and have a random grid... (which is also fine btw :D)

ah ha! ninja edited as i type... if ya worried about timings then mebbe steal 5 from prac and give it q....

totally yer call though matage...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back