RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I apologize if you felt I blocked you unfairly. To be honest I don't feel any aspect of that part of my race was against any rules in that respect. I never intentionally swerved or moved to block you and I think I gave you plenty of room when you got the run on me after I made a mistake onto the back straight. Other than that I believe that the positioning of my car was just enough to limit your options to pass me.

If when you review the replay anyone feels that I did anything wrong, then I am sorry and will try and be a bit nicer next time. However I feel I have every right to defend my position if I am in front and believe I did so fairly.

Don't worry about it Rich it's only a bit of fun. There was just a couple of times when you made more than one blocking move on the same straight, it's common practice to make one blocking move and then hold that line for the whole length of the straight. But it was a great battle, I really enjoyed it ;)

Another enjoyable night in the mini's on another great STCC track.

I just couldn't find any form in quali, and could only manage P17.

Had a quite good start, and was able to pick up a few places when Neil tapped Laurence round at T1, then settled in behind Bob in P14. Managed to pass a few laps later as we were coming down the long back straight and I think Bob maybe missed a gear (or was it the start of your peddle trouble mate?) and slipped by into the turn under braking. Spent a few laps catching Nigel and Paulo who were having a little tussle, but foolishly went in too hot off the back straight trying to pass Nigel and put it into the sand and went from P12 down to P22.

So it was head down and concentrate on reeling in places. Had a good few scraps along the way with Carlos,Neil F, and Rich H, managing to get some good clean passes in. Next was Andrew and Rich T who was having such a good fight down the back straight, allowed me to nick it past both again into the turn under braking. So P16 and the next target was Laurence and Lewis who were 6 seconds up the road. gradually I caught them and spent the next 20 or so laps bumper to bumper with Laurence in a really competitive and clean fight. Even after our stops which were taken on different laps we still were only a 10th or 2 apart. Pretty much stayed like that until the last 5 laps, where I had great fun catching Lee, thinking I might just be able to pinch another place.

Mr Palmer was sniffing for a steal at the end too, but I eventually looked in my mirror and saw him there and parked it in final corner to stop the cheeky man from diving down the inside :D

:laugh2: It came down right to last corner, and a mighty stamp on the brake pedal to avoid kissing your bumper, nearly. :highfive:

Ended the night in P14.

Thanks to Andrew and RD for another entertaining evening, these STCC tracks are huge fun.

Sadly I may have to miss next week, it's the daughters 18th next weekend and I have the folks flying in. Have fun and I'll see you all soon. :beer:

• Mark Apat

just some pace notes missing from rbr :D
and the "two wheels at the inner arch of the corner gripping pavement" technique doesnt work

great track, fun to drive :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 347 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years