RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Bit of a baptism of fire for me after not having raced for 6 months!! Quite happy with 12 th in quali. Bad start, somehow managed to turn name labels off so apologies to whoever I rear ended at T1, wasn't intentional. But after that just decided to drop to back to make sure whoever it was got past. Tried to make my way through the field but just couldn't get past people cleanly and kept going off. Was stuck behind Rich Tranter for a long time (careful with them blocking moves Rich, a couple of times you left me with nowhere to go, a bit naughty tbh) finally managed to get past and pulled out 15 secs in a few laps but then kept binning it and got 2 stop/go's at that dreaded chicane grrrrrr. Probably best if I stick to shorter races to start with lol.

I apologize if you felt I blocked you unfairly. To be honest I don't feel any aspect of that part of my race was against any rules in that respect. I never intentionally swerved or moved to block you and I think I gave you plenty of room when you got the run on me after I made a mistake onto the back straight. Other than that I believe that the positioning of my car was just enough to limit your options to pass me.

If when you review the replay anyone feels that I did anything wrong, then I am sorry and will try and be a bit nicer next time. However I feel I have every right to defend my position if I am in front and believe I did so fairly.

Sorry guys I think the mini race today left me a little tired. Warren and Rafael I was all over the place at the start of race 2 sorry. When I crashed and burned it was a fitting end to my night. Too tired probably should have sat this one out. See you guys soon promise to do better. Marty:moneymouth:

Quali: 6th
Race1: Don't remember much, I was flying for a short time (in it's original meaning), had a nice battle with Warren, and at the end Marty joined us:) Finished 6th.
Race2: Changed wing to a lower setting as in first race more people passed me at the end of the main straight! That was a bad idea. My car was very hard to control especially at the end of the race! Sorry again Marcel, after you passed me I pushed behind you and was faster by the end of the straight, missed the braking point a bit there and couldn't keep it! Fortunately no accident happened!
I'm also a bit tired, I should have slept between the Mini race and this one, but I didn't. Half of my saturday will be sleeping I think:) Well, 4:45 here now so I can call it today!

See you next time! Thx for the race Willi!

• Chris Rodgers

GUMBOOT?!?!?! Having a go at my current weather situation Chris?!? :laugh2:

Not running STCC rules as Warren said. All up to you!

Haha, not at all - I'm not clever enough to so such things deliberately ;) I thought it hadn't turned out quite as bad as earlier feared? Hope you're not too waterlogged anyway...

Thanks for the update on the rules, not that I'm likely to do any prep based on that knowledge as I've just had visitors arrive for a 2 night stay, and they're already telling me off for ignoring them :go-away:

See you all tomorrow night!

Man that was epic for me.

Qualify P4 thanks to Simon's setup who I think bumped me from P3 in the last minute when he went P2

Race- Started well got to 3rd then slowly lost contact with the leaders. Battled with Simon and Richard for 3rd and lost out to Simon. Richard also got by But we ended up in a battle that lasted all the way to the last turn last lap of the race. I will remember that for a while Richard good clean and well fought. Tryed to hold off Gary and I ended up in the grass. Should have gave that up before I did,live and learn. Ended in 7th behind Richard (respect). Great race good memory's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%