RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I had a couple of decent fights, and was in a nice scrap when people came up to lap. I slowed to let them by and carried on hoping that the guy I was chasing would lose time too when he moved over. Tragically as happened to me twice the guy who lapped me spun in front of me and I had to back off and lost time.

To add insult to injury I screwed up the chicane and rammed the wall. Then I was to get 3 stop goes because I kept screwing up the chicane trying to take it as if my car was in one piece.

Another fun nights racing though. I know I'm not going to win so I just race for the fights and to get to the end, which I did. :)

2cegcv6.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT STATS
Class: All cars from GTR Evolution
Track: Col Joux de Plane download here
Weather: Dry
Qualification:
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

First THX for organisation this event. Had really fun.
Perfect round in quali with windshield on the long straight from one of the Lemon´s :)
Lost P1 at start to Simon but after he run wide i could get back from him. Then i had Ben on my back, i think i had a towrope to him. I couldn´t go away from him.
I think it could much more interesting after the pits but i braked too late and crash into the pitwall. Result suspension problem and 10 seconds longer pitstop.
So P3 at the end behind Ben and Simon but before Gary :)

Thanks to all for racing :clap:

Really great race!

Quali: 7th
Race: Started well, tried to pass Richard Bunschoten on the inside but I had to back off. Followed him for a while tried to pass him. In lap 4 I made a mistake (simply out of concentration, tried to take t1 in 5th instead of 4th:)), Marcel came behind and tried to pass me but I held the inside line and he went wide there! Then followed Richard again, got very close to him, but then I recieved a hit from Gary behind, and heard the sweet sentence "you've got a suspension problem". But it wasn't that bad at all! Defended my position against Gary until lap 13, where I made a mistake and he gone by. Then fought hard to get back my position:) In some lap David Lemon joined the fight and that made that a bit difficult for me, he came on the inside at the end of the long straight, touched my car a bit but that was OK, came on my right side, but he went too wide before the left hander there and lost it. Got up to Gary again, almost passed him in the lap when we both came in to the pits. When I stopped I realized I didn't request pit... --> please wait for 5.x seconds... came back way behind Gary. Then I saw Gary got up to Richard and Marty, and Marty left the track. He came back just in front of me!:) Not long after Richard did that at the same place! Then Richard gone wide in t2 and Marty tried to overtake him! Came the chicane and Marty gone wide, Richard lost a bit of traction there and I gone by him on the right! Then not long after Marty made a mistake and I was there again chasing Gary! And few laps before the end I was again there behind him!:) Tried to pass but there was too little time and he defended well!:) So well done to him! And of course well done to Ben for the win and to the podium finishers as well!

Really great race! Thank you all!:)

Qual:19th - Finish:4th

Qually went really well.........i felt like packing in tbh.......,,,..joined the grid with dread knowing the hour and twenty minutes ahead would be hard work,had some very nice early luck just managing to find enough track to move up unhindered,the main first stint fight was with Peter right up to pit time where i duly made an arse of pit entry and clipped the wall,Peter just behind helped me on my way with a freindly tap,i couldnt believe when the pit guy said "suspension damage" with that kind of patheric light tap on a tyre barrier,not even straight on,a mild light glance..oh well.
Pit went good and out in 13th,as it all shook down after pits i was chasing Marty fiercely for 4th place,he went wide at sweeing right hander at the end of the airstrip style big straight and i had a run on the outside approaching the flat out left,i actually just about got my car full ahead and assumed Marty would duck in behind and follow,but he kept his foot in attempting to repass me there....there was a touch as i turned in and my back wing clipped Martys front right wing,i was sure i was going off,but sorted it out before the very tight right,i saw Marty sideways in rear view just before i turned in,i studied the replay over and over just now and dont feel im responsible for that one,we both took our chances at the run through there and despite the touch we came out the other side fine,looks like you got some kind of made under braking tank slapper thing.
Grats Ben and podiumites.
Many Thanks Andrew for this dreadful track for Mini races :D :good:

Cheers RD

Rather a bad day at the office for me TBH ... in quali I kept losing the 0.4 advantage I repeatedly found in S1, then in the race on 2nd lap, I ended up going into kitter litter and dropped back to 16th ...

Few good scraps with a few good people, Neil in his barn door mini, Dietmar kept haunting me throughout the race, and even did a lap or two with our man Evanso ... Mr Palmer was sniffing for a steal at the end too, but I eventually looked in my mirror and saw him there and parked it in final corner to stop the cheeky man from diving down the inside :D

Kept losing concentration or having to brake madly to avoid someone else's mistakes tonight, so kept going off and losing whatever positions or time I managed to gain. :frusty:

Amusingly managed to break my suspension after Bob's pedals slipped away from under him at the chicane :wink2:, or at least that is what I imagine happened when his car skipped off and back on track in front of me ... no worries on that one dude ... these things happen, nowt you could do. :good:

For me I think its time to forget about tonight's race, apologies to anyone if I did anything silly ... it seems tonight everything was not what I thought it was (where is the wobbly scooby doo smiley)

Thanks RD and Andrew ... promise to try to have lots more fun next time out :wave:

Qualy: Was actually odd, did a 1:31.027, never expected that. I did an outlap, one failure and than the hotlap. Came actually never again close that time :). So would call it an accident :)

Race: I think I started 11th (that supprised me as well, thought with that time would be little bit closer to the front). Completely messed up my start, dont know what happened, nearly every passed me, at least my impression.There was a little carnage in T1, which gave me 18th after T1. After my frist clean pass (was fortune enough to have more than one this race :)) of Lewis, I got Lee infront of me, who must have got off sometimes before. Lee and I actually spent quite some time together in changing position. Super race. While Lee was figthing with Rich Tranter, he had to break at some point to avoid him, putting me into a good position :). Rich braked little early in that lap for the last turn so Lee and I got both pass him. Andrew who was in that little group as well did not manage as he actually went on the outside of Rich, otherwise that would have been his chance as well. But he got both in the next turn. Lee came back and pass me, after a mistake from my end. He nearly escaped, but than a fight with Bob brought him back :)! He pitted early, while being in front. I pitted 5 laps later, but when I exited the pit lane, Lee was directly in front of me again :D. In the mean time I had a good race with Bob, got never boring for me tonight! When ever Lee was infront and was not hold up or did a mistake, he escaped, but one of both always happened. Final mistake T1 lap 42 while chasing Neil Gault. Which put me behind Neil whom I nearly got (I think :D), but lost a little bit concentration while I had to let Ben lap me and went off, so Neil escaped again and there was not enough time to catch up again! Finished 13th.

A very nice race, was never boring for me! Thanks all! (Next week I will not be here!)

Bit of a baptism of fire for me after not having raced for 6 months!! Quite happy with 12 th in quali. Bad start, somehow managed to turn name labels off so apologies to whoever I rear ended at T1, wasn't intentional. But after that just decided to drop to back to make sure whoever it was got past. Tried to make my way through the field but just couldn't get past people cleanly and kept going off. Was stuck behind Rich Tranter for a long time (careful with them blocking moves Rich, a couple of times you left me with nowhere to go, a bit naughty tbh) finally managed to get past and pulled out 15 secs in a few laps but then kept binning it and got 2 stop/go's at that dreaded chicane grrrrrr. Probably best if I stick to shorter races to start with lol.

I did some practise and i gotta say this track is fantastic! It's so beautiful and also more fun then the previous version. It looks just like the real F1 track!

After a few laps i noticed that it was a little easier to adapt then i previously had thought. I'm really glad we changed to this much better version of the track. Alltough i gotta say my aching foot does not agree :)

Tried your setup Kieth and it seems good but no drastic change from my own. I wont have time/possibility to adapt to a new setup anyway so i will stick with the one i know for the race. Thanks anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back