All Cars cheat with Steam/Windows 10

With happy memories of GTL I purchased the Steam version which runs fine on my Windows 10 machine. However I can't get the all cars/tracks cheat to work after carefully following the instructions It seems this is being caused by Windows 10 not liking .DYN files or something (according to a fair few posts on the subject on Steam and elsewhere).

Is anyone aware of a fix?

Thanks in advance

With happy memories of GTL I purchased the Steam version which runs fine on my Windows 10 machine. However I can't get the all cars/tracks cheat to work after carefully following the instructions It seems this is being caused by Windows 10 not liking .DYN files or something (according to a fair few posts on the subject on Steam and elsewhere).

Win 10 have no issue with that file!
You do need to make a new profile after coping the TG2001.dyn to the root folder.
First then you will have unlock all cars and tracks

I followed the various install instructions to the letter.... I tried saving the file as "all files" or as txt... doesn't seem to make any difference. I have also deleted profiles and created new ones.... again nothing unlocked. I Googled this and a few people have reported similar issues with Steam edition and Windows 10. Perhaps I'm just unlucky!!

I am having trouble getting this unlock to work and I am not a beginner!
I am using win 10 and GTL steam.
I made my own dyn file in win 10 and tried one from a win 7 machine and the download one above.
Put it in the root folder (with GTL.exe), make a new folder and I have a default new profile, no vehicles unlocked.
Is there another way to unlock?
For a simple procedure its becoming annoying!
Can someone confirm this works on a recent steam install under win 10 or has the cheat been plugged?

I am having trouble getting this unlock to work and I am not a beginner!
I am using win 10 and GTL steam.
I made my own dyn file in win 10 and tried one from a win 7 machine and the download one above.
Put it in the root folder (with GTL.exe), make a new folder and I have a default new profile, no vehicles unlocked.
Is there another way to unlock?
For a simple procedure its becoming annoying!
Can someone confirm this works on a recent steam install under win 10 or has the cheat been plugged?

See the post just above yours!
You do need to make a new profile to unlock all!

Make sure it is saved as TG2001.dyn
Not as TG2001.dyn. tex
Or just get mine here:

Drop it in the GTL root folder.
Start GTL
Make new profile.
And you should have all cars and track available.

Yes I read this and the whole thread.
Did this Exactly using your file
Your file in root folder - check
Make new profile - check
No cars unlocked - bother.

So is a new profile needed because earlier you said you don't need one.
I tried just dropping your file in the root folder - no joy.

Yes i did see the post above and have followed exactly as far as I can work out.
using win 10 and steam

1) I have put the downloaded TG2001.dyn file in the root folder alongside GTL.exe
2) Then launched GTL and made a new profile after this.
=) I have a default new profile not unlocked as I said.
(That should have read profile not folder in post above)

Anyway this doesn't seem to be working at the moment.
Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I remade the empty txt file in win10 as tg2001.dyn rather than use the downloaded one, put in root dir and made an new profile and this didn't work.
But then I renamed the file in place as TG2001.DYN and it magically worked and unlocked all cars on next new profile.

So not a satisfactory answer as I have no clue why .... but I thought I would post in case it helps others struggling with this in win 10.

The unlocker file is available in GTL Anniversary Patch in [OPTIONS] folder, just copy paste the file in \GTL directory where GTL.EXE is.
By the way it is always a good idea to run GTL_debug.bat

You guys are doing something wrong

I use GTL Essentials which is mods packed for GME ( JSGME and OVGME )
Anytime I enable one of my player mods + unlock mod I have all cars
GTL thinks I just made a new driver ;)

This is old version
GTL essentials.jpg

---------------------
Manually
1. USE a clean GTL that means no mods added
IE: always archive a fresh untouched GTL folder
1. Delete the USERDATA folder or save it elsewhere
2. Copy unlock file from Anniversary or HQ to GTL
3. Run GTL it will create a new USERDATA and ask you to make a Driver profile

You should have all cars

If that works ......BEFORE YOU ADD ANYTHING ELSE ! ............archive that folder
so have 2 archived GTL's, one absolutely fresh unused and the one that is now working

Never edit or alter those copies so anytime you make another fresh GTL you will have player and unlock already done

Last edited:
I ran into this again, today. I added the file to an existing profile and the cars/tracks were still locked. If you websearch you'll find "cheats" sites that include this caveat. That's how I got the idea.

I had move my PLR to the new profile's folder and rename it and start using that one to get the cars/tracks to unlock.

I ran into this again, today. I added the file to an existing profile and the cars/tracks were still locked. If you websearch you'll find "cheats" sites that include this caveat. That's how I got the idea.

I had move my PLR to the new profile's folder and rename it and start using that one to get the cars/tracks to unlock.

Ok guys, you have to drill down to the folder with the ".EXE" file if you have the Steam version...program file/ steam/ steamapps/ common/ GTlegends....put the DYN here

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 322 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 455 39.2%